Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

qsvui
Aug 23, 2003
some crazy thing
I can't seem to add any more user notes. I can see the ones I already had but if I enter a new note and refresh the page, I don't see any changes.

Relatedly, I pressed "Backup Synced User Notes locally" but I don't know where it actually gets stored :(.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qsvui
Aug 23, 2003
some crazy thing
Yep that was it, thanks.

Do you know if it's possible to hand delete user notes to get it back under the limit?

qsvui
Aug 23, 2003
some crazy thing
I didn't even know I had so many. Most of them are probably dumb and worth getting rid of.

If you could point me to where the notes would be stored on my computer as well as the format/code used to generate them, I could look at decoding them if I'm bored or something.

Forgot to mention, I'm using Firefox on Windows 10.

qsvui
Aug 23, 2003
some crazy thing
e: false alarm

qsvui fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Nov 4, 2022

qsvui
Aug 23, 2003
some crazy thing

Stare-Out posted:

The link retains its behavior as a link, just clicking it does nothing. But reloading fixes it, yeah. Like I said, a minor issue.

I remember this didn't happen until relatively recently. Is this due to something in a Firefox update?

qsvui
Aug 23, 2003
some crazy thing
On Firefox, they're under stored as JSON in the browser's local storage for the extension with the key "userNotesLocal". I think they get synced to your Firefox account, but a dev would know better.

qsvui
Aug 23, 2003
some crazy thing

Zesty posted:

While I'm bumping the thread, sometimes I can't add a note to someone, especially if the webpage has been open for more than 10 seconds. The "Ok" and "Delete" buttons just don't work at all. Is there a fix? Just refreshing as a workaround.

That sounds related to something pointed out earlier:

astral posted:

Guessing that's a caching or forward/back thing; hitting 'reload' ought to restore its functionality.

I haven't heard of any solution besides refreshing.

qsvui
Aug 23, 2003
some crazy thing

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

This also happens to me almost every time i try to add or edit or delete a note. It seems to be related to having the page open longer than 5 - 10 seconds before I interact with the user note stuff. I dislike it. Is refreshing really the only solution?

I open the single post in a new tab using the "1" button under the user's av, then quickly edit the note. But yeah, I'm also wondering if there's a fix since it's been this way for quite a while now.

qsvui
Aug 23, 2003
some crazy thing
or is there a way to restart one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qsvui
Aug 23, 2003
some crazy thing

Stare-Out posted:

Minor issue, on Firefox the User CP "Open updated threads" link dies if you leave the tab for a while.

looks like this has been finally fixed, thanks!