Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I see there's highlighting for when people quote you as well as "various highlighting options".

Does this me the "Add Coloring/Note" function is still there for weirdos like me to use?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Good enough!

Finally a reason to update from the ESR to real Firefox.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
I really miss the Toggle Gifs extension which new Firefox killed*.

Being able to pause, and even rewind, gifs was so handy.

* I miss a lot of things new Firefox killed.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Twitter embeds gently caress page loads up because they load in after the rest of the page, apparently.

I've mapped a mouse button to "o" which puts you at the last read post.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

As for your shortcut, you just press "o" and it brings you to the proper post? Even with the Twitter embed stuff?

It does for me.

I can't remember where I found the shortcut, probably in this thread, but it's useful as hell when things take a while to load in.

EDIT: Okay, the one time it doesn't work is after I post a reply and the url ends with #lastpost rather than a specific post id.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
I just press "o" to get the page to jump to the proper post. Though it doesn't work when you make a post for some reason. Even weirder, it will after you make an edit.

Also, it doesn't work for some people at all.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

shortspecialbus posted:

I tried pressing "o" on my MBP with Chrome/SALR and nothing happened.

No, sorry, it seems to be a Firefox setting.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Like the link to Lotax's banned Twitter account any time the forums are down for maintenance?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
I just use Snap Link Plus to select a dozen threads at a time.

Right click and drag to select just feels right.

If I try to open all unread threads at the same time Firefox shits itself, so it works out well for me in that respect. Also, Snap Links is so goddamn handy it should be built in to Firefox as standard.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Just cleared my Firefox "cookies and site data" to try and fix some other issues and it removed all my settings for SALR.

Including usernotes, post colours, everything.

Has it always worked like this?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Okay, thanks for that.

Stupid lovely airline tracking cookies trying to make me pay more for revisiting their site multiple times :argh:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
As always, thank you so much for this.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
For some bizarre reason, video links format themselves differently depending upon whether you ctr-c/ctrl-v or by right clicking and pasting the link via the context menu.

It looks like this in the post box:

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Apr 1, 2020

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

astral posted:

Works for me.

What part of it is failing for you?

Doesn't work for me either.

I can type in a user note and even set a colour in the popup box. But when I hit okay and then refresh the page there's no change. When I open up the note box again, everything I typed in is gone.

But, older notes I've made are still around.

EDIT: I wonder if there's a maximum number of notes you can add? I have a horrible memory for people, so it's always been my habit to make notes both online and off. I may well have maxed it out.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Aug 20, 2020

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Apparently I do. I clicked "Clear Synced User Notes" and it asked me if I wanted to clear 122 user notes.

How do I un-sync them?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

astral posted:

I think (Important note: this is not something I have tested recently; proceed with caution before clearing anything!) you can hit 'backup synced user notes locally', then toggle your salr option to use the local notes and not the synced ones. See if your old notes still show up by (re)loading a thread page. See if you can add a new note. If that works, you could clear the synced ones.

Okay, I did the first part. A popup told me I would lose 7 user notes, which I'm guessing were the last ones I tried making. Thankfully that's no big deal because most of them were me trying to get user notes to work again anyway.

But how do I set it so that salr uses local notes?

These are the options it gives me:

Also, when I go to the extension page, it shows that it's supposed to be allowed to store unlimited amounts of client-side data so I'm guessing you're right that they're finally enforcing the data limits:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

astral posted:

Under thread options:

I actually saw that option multiple times before I posted.

I just never read the second line :doh:

All seems to be working now. Thanks.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
With Astral being a super mod, they're in a good position to simply ask Jeffrey to fold in the entirety of the extension into the forums code.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
My old trick was to just change the post background colour to black. Boom, instant "ignore" with black text on a black background.

You could still see any notes because they're usually in red and, if you wanted to, you could just highlight their post to see their text anyway.

But, post colouring doesn't work for other people any more when they're quoted, which is a shame.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
^^ EFB

Just use the "edit note" under every post. Pick a colour and reload the page.

EDIT: Just went and checked, adding someone to your buddy list, with the friend post highlighting option selected in SALR, will change the colour of their posts. But when their posts are quoted, that colour is ignored and they look like any other post.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Oct 15, 2020

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
You can use HTML for them.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
I'm keeping that usernote, btw.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

pik_d posted:

Is there an option, or can there be an option to reveal all spoiler tags on a page? Its kinda annoying to be reading through a TVIV thread where I've watched the latest episode but everyone is being very good about spoiler tags and there's like 3 every single post.

If you have Stylus installed, you can use this to make them visible:

quote:

.bbc-spoiler {
background-color: #ffd700 !important;
color: #000 !important;
border-radius: 0px !important;
border-color: #000000 !important;
padding:1px;
outline: 2px solid #000;
box-shadow: none !important;
}
.bbc-spoiler img {
visibility: visible !important;
}

Which gives:

So, just choose whatever colour for the background and text suits you. However, with the last update to the forums, spoilers are no longer revealed when in quotes. Nope, looks like spoilers in quotes work again.

EDIT: Included an outline around the spoiler. Helps it stand out a little.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Feb 18, 2021

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Go to your forums Edit Options page and uncheck "turn on experimental features" which is the very last one. Should do it.

EDIT: Nope.

Weird, doing that is how I got it to appear in the first place.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
I'm not sure if this really counts as a SALR thing, but more and more people are using youtu.be for video links and it breaks the embedding.

Is there an easy way to get that working? Or is that more of a "go post your problems in QCS with the other weirdos" thing?

Same with having mp4s not displaying when people inevitably use [timg] tabs.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
This post has one. If I click it, it opens a link to youtube in Firefox, or embeds if I do it in Chrome.

But this is what I see:

As opposed to regular youtube links which look like this:

EDIT: This is going to be one of those "it's just you things" isn't it?

EDIT 2: Or maybe not!

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 13:29 on May 19, 2021

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Ah, I had completely forgotten about ctrl+V vs right click and paste doing different things.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
They're moving some forums stuff around to a new server or something. I think it's just that.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
It seems to be half working in Chrome and not at all in Firefox.

(my posts not being in glorious purple is disturbing me)

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Ah, sweet sweet purple.

Thanks a tonne Master_Odin!

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Is there any option within SALR to disable spoiler tags? Some threads are way too spoiler heavy and it makes reading them very annoying. If not can I use something like stylus to disable spoilers?

If you have Stylus, you can turn spoilers into something you can read with something like this:

code:
.bbc-spoiler {
    background-color: #ffd700 !important;
    color: #000  !important;
    border-radius: 0px !important;
    border-color: #000000 !important;
    padding:0px;
    outline: 1px solid #000;
    box-shadow: none !important;

}
.bbc-spoiler img {
    visibility: visible !important;
}

It gives this effect:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
It's to let those big words come right out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBAl9cchQac

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Zesty posted:

As a suggestion, it'd also be cool to have some color options available to click so I don't have to go search hex codes for anything other than red text red.

I made a bookmark folder with the most common colours I use that I never remember off the top of my head. But it would be nice to have a little colour-wheel setup.

And, speaking of colours, is there a way to order threads according to the colour you've set their bookmark? Like, all the blue star threads at the top, then all the ones with a red star, etc.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

Even opening a single post doesn't help me add notes. :(

It works for me in this thread, but not in other forums, like PYF.

But that this point, I'm just going to assume it's my computer that's being weird.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Is there a way to hide the report button on posts?

I know there's an option to hide the report button on my own posts, but I want to hide everyone's.

I think I've only ever used it a couple times in all my years here, but now that I spend a lot of time viewing the site on mobile, I'm always accidentally tapping the report button as I scroll with my fat old man fingers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Cheers!

e: yep, that did it. uBlock is just so invisible on mobile that I forget it's there.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Jul 21, 2023