Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
So is this still an alpha version or is it okay for people to start using?

I've held off on upgrading Firefox until SALR is good to go in New Firefox

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

astral posted:

If you want to be able to migrate your user notes from the legacy version, I'd hold off for a few more weeks; otherwise, go hog wild and report any bugs! Fixed a lot so far, but there are undoubtedly more out there.

Ah thanks, still waiting to migrate the notes, but it sounds like it'll be soon!

Thanks for your hard work on this!

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Finally updated. There's a weird bar under everyone's posts though, any reason for that?

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

astral posted:

Known issue; as a workaround you can temporarily switch to 24hr time

Thanks! That appears to have fixed it. Still getting used to the new Firefox in other ways.

Is there a way to mimic the old Quick Reply window behavior where it pops out into a new window?

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

astral posted:

Not currently, but I agree it'd be nice to have eventually.

Gotcha. One last thing, I know the old version had the ability to remove "The Something Awful Forums" from the headers of pages. Any way to do that now?

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

astral posted:

:siren: Firefox SALR Redux v2.1.8.13a6 is out on addons.mozilla.org!

Notes:

Previous notes:

Note: Legacy SALR Migration Station, like the Firefox SALR Redux, is considered alpha quality.
If you're still on ESR I recommend waiting for the final version of legacy SALR with built-in migration for more personalized options, but the website works too if you don't want to wait / don't mind re-setting your other settings.

A dumb question: do you need to manually download the update or will it auto-update?

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Master_Odin posted:

Welp, looks like Mozilla found issue with the extension and have disabled on versions for now. That's an unfortunate setback.

Er, what?

You mean they pulled it off their extension store thing? Or can they somehow disable extensions you already have?

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

astral posted:

Okay I fixed some stuff and bumped the jquery version with jquery migrate so :siren:some other stuff might have broken:siren:, but I pushed a build (v2.1.8.13a9) with all that through the mozilla review process. It just got approved so hopefully that means we're good to go now on that front. The jQuery version used now is actually too new to have its hash in their system so hopefully if it gets looked at again the reviewer sees that.

Something potentially broken is better than nothing, after all. If you see something acting weird, please let me know either here, my fork repo where I can figure out if it's a result of the jQuery update or an underlying bug in SALR Redux, or feel free to visit us on IRC channel #salr on SynIRC.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/salr-redux

Also fixes youtube link pasting into quick reply (and adds img tags around pasted image links)

edit: Found some unrelated broken stuff:
known: Layout of setting restore stuff in settings, unrelated to jquery, fixed for next build
known: related to an unrelated bug from before; left clicking an entry in the popup menu opens the link in both the current and a new tab. Fixed for next version.

edit again: Releasing 2.1.8.13a10 to fix the above; that button one was obnoxious

other known issue: found an unrelated notes bug; if you set a note on someone who didn't have a note before, then click "Edit Note" again, it doesn't populate with their new note info. Once they already have a note it works as expected. Will look into this later since it's unrelated.

Noticed a bug. The "next page" button in the navigator in the corner always has the ability to go to the next page even if you're on the last page (i.e. the button doesn't gray out if you're on the last page)

Thanks for your work on this!

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

astral posted:

I'm unable to reproduce this (running a10 on Nightly and it's properly dimming things) - is this happening in every thread, or only some specific one(s)?

Huh, it looks like I can't reproduce it either. May have been just a weird hiccup from upgrading to the new version.

I originally noticed it in this thread right after I upgraded.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
New bug: highlighting when people quote you doesn't work in YOSPOS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Bug report: If you post and then hit the back button to go back to the page you were on before you posted, the quick reply window will stay up and won't go back down despite hitting the buttons on top.

You can replicate by posting, then hitting the back button. The quick post window will not minimize/go away.

Thanks for all your work on this!