Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

withak posted:

So I get this error using Quick Reply in Chrome now. If I preview then hit submit then it work.

Same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

ewe2 posted:

Getting those errors and I can't use quote in reply. Also Chrome inspect is turning up cookie errors and other blockage apparently associated with cross-site javascript which looks to be doomed.

I'm assuming this thread isn't actually monitored and the extension isn't supported anymore?

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

astral posted:

How entitled.

Not entitled at all, I just figured if it wasn't supported then there was no reason to keep this tab open in my browser. I have a Chrome extension which tracks when other extensions get updates so I know how often it's updated. If it doesn't work, it doesn't work, I don't mind, I just didn't want to talk to the void.

I can confirm it doesn't work with my settings either on Mac on Chrome Beta or at work on Windows with Chrome stable which might not even be the current version of Chrome since it's a managed environment. My settings are the same between the two, so if it's working for others I can go through my options to figure out where the conflict is.

I was wrong, worked at work after reinstalling the extension. Just Beta that's gives the error.

ClassActionFursuit fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Nov 9, 2019

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

gary oldmans diary posted:

How I see it is
Raising issue about the extension: fine
Complaining because people working for free arent getting to your issue fast enough: entitled

Exactly how I see it. I report issues not in the expectation that they'll be fixed, but so that other users can see the issue. Like I said I wasn't sure the Chrome extension was still supported, since most of the posts were about the Firefox version for as far back as I looked.

It should be noted that this isn't the support thread linked to in the settings for the Chrome version so I wasn't sure this even the right place.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Yep, new Beta seems to have fixed it.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

I just discovered something that's not really a problem but I think is really weird. I use the quick controls and you know how the Alt key disables that so you can use the right click menu? Did you know you have to use the same Alt button to toggle it back? Like you can't toggle them off with the left key then toggle it on with the right.

I've always wondered why sometimes I couldn't get it to turn back on.

Edit: Should mention this is Chrome

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Master_Odin posted:

Could you go to https://codepen.io/chriscoyier/pen/mPgoYJ and press the left and right alt keys into the text area and let me know what the returned values are?

Went there and got 18 for both and now it's working as expected. I've chalked it up to Chrome OS weirdness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Nevermind

ClassActionFursuit fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Jun 19, 2023