Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
The dual Beyond/CHIKARA show in July is going to be pretty sweet.

- Dasher vs. Chris Dickinson
- JDFC vs. Gresham
- Touchdown vs. Hot Sauce Tracy Williams
- Solo Darling vs. Deonna Purazzo
- Crummels/Defarge vs. EYFBO

All of those are primed to be good/great. *Points Are On The Line* so don't be surprised if you see some folks on future CHIKARA shows. I'm personally looking forward to the Dirt Boys (Crummels/Defarge) getting a wider audience. They're young but I really like what they do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
They were supposed to establish Oceanea, Merlok and Crab for Trios at Go Eat Worms, but Oceanea decided to go to the ROH camp instead.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
I don't see any way the Flying Volgars take the spot over Legion of Rot, but as always, they're tied to Hallowicked's interest level.

Also, look for a Trios team to get a makeover this Saturday.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

My Lovely Horse posted:

I think losing Claudio, Sara and Brodie (and who else?) to WWE, and Delirious to ROH, hurt them the most. BDK was pretty great in my book, but once that angle ended nothing they did really ever jumped out at me again. Now all the guys I initially liked are gone from the company save for Hallowicked, and having a KoT without him feels like he might be on his way out too.
#LegionOfRotIsFine

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Oceanea will be back after Trios. She pulled off the show that was going to establish her KOT team to do the ROH camp (lol WOH).

Side note: Ashley and Solo will be very involved in the Progress US tour starting today.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Sage works NOVA Pro a lot and is a basically a perfect YLC contender. I'm sure it won't go unmentioned that another School of Roc graduate once held the YLC (Heidi).

Wishing Juan all the best on his last day as champion.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
God, the Ohnaka Gang and Society of the Deep match would be so much better with Oceanea. Oh well, I get to see PCO and Merlok hoss it up and PCO being bewildered by HERMIT CRAB

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

coconono posted:

They said something on the Americanrana broadcast, I asked Powerbomb's twitter like twice now and haven't gotten a reply. I suspect DC might have misconstrued something.
For whatever reason, Powerbomb cannot register their deal to stream content through Roku, etc because they came along right as stuff was changing. As such, they are limited to a browser-based experience. CHIKARATOPIA does not have this problem because they got on Roku very early. Based on my understanding, they want to merge Powerbomb into the CHIKARATOPIA infrastructure so they can expand their viewing options.

This is a move to consolidate resources, as friendly indies will need to rely on each other going forward in the future.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Molly had a very positive experience at KOT and there's a non-zero chance CHIKARA can bring her in again.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
I like my technico teams to have dance parties while one member is on the outside in extreme pain. This is a normal and well reasoned criticism.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Yesterday was the elbow, not the wrist.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
I think Penelope will start being around more, which is a major get for CHIKARA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Fire Ant is Orange Cassidy
lol, who worked you there?