Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Dangerous Person posted:

EDIT: That being said, this long title reign has felt odd to me. Really thought Dasher was gonna get it at the last finale

WWE stealing Chikara booking with Brock retaining when it makes no sense. No real storyline reason for him to still be champion, is there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

coconono posted:

why? The only way GCW managed to keep Teddy on task was because of Nick Gage's motivational speaking skills.

I think he has a lot to add to a locker room about why clean living is vital.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Gavok posted:

Results from Go Eat Worms:

- Blank vs. Hype Rockwell became a six-man tag after Blank's henchmen got involved and Oleg and Boar made the save. The Hyper Beast Warriors won with Hype about to do the Hyper Wheel to Ursa Minor in the Night Sky, Blank attacked him from behind, Hype no-sold it, Blank quietly left the ring and walked out of the arena and Hype completed the Hyper Wheel.

- Callux the Castigator destroyed a jobber.

- Icarus and Travis Huckabee defeated the Xyberhawx2000. Now that he's a heel again, Icarus has stopped wearing a shirt and is letting his back tattoo breathe.

- Matt Riddle made Mr. Touchdown tap out to the Calf Crusher.

- Solo Darling defeated Blanche Babish.

- Lucas Calhoun, Jeremy Leary and "79" defeated the Legion of Rot. 79 ended up being a debuting Brett Michael David, a wrestler from the Canadian indies.

- Dasher Hatfield defeated Fire Ant after three Grand Slams. Fire Ant was acting somewhat heelish and refused to shake hands before the match. After the match, Icarus stood on the apron to sarcastically applaud him. On the website, he wrote a blog asking Fire Ant to join him because for once the invading force threatening to destroy Chikara is the soft and weak new wave of graduates. Fire Ant stormed off to the backstage area, ignoring Icarus.

Please tell me that after more than a decade, Icarus' terrible tattoo is still somehow unfinished :allears:

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Mel Mudkiper posted:

either dasher knocked up a girl at 13 or he ages like a god

A surprising number of Chikara people are super old. But more like https://twitter.com/BoomerHatfield is just a storyline son, for wacky adventure times.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

syzpid posted:

I think it's just a good way for them to setup face vs face championship match between them at the end of the year.

Hopefully not just Dasher being chumped out to make Touchdown mad.

Oh and the Colony being back makes me happy :) Ants go marching forever

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Gavok posted:

There was at least a story in there about the health of Dasher's shoulder, but... still, it was a tap-out to an abdominal stretch. What the hell.

So it wasn't like somehow logical within the story of the match? He didn't work over the abdominals for ages, not a variation where it looked like he was really stretching the poo poo out of him? Huh.

Gavok posted:

Yeah. After Barksdale got the pin, it showed Quack on the outside, clutching his wrist and being attended to. He apparently hurt it from that Doomsday Device to the outside. Barksdale and Solo were the only ones celebrating post-match and awkwardly so.

For a fun focussed promotion, Chikara sure does a bad job of it sometimes.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Gavok posted:

For backers of the crowdfunding campaign, the CHIKARA: Action Arcade Wrestling Video Game beta will be available from this Wednesday to Halloween. Yay, progress!

I hesitate to ask.....

How many years of development? Trying to track their proposed, released, funded and abandoned video games has always been a challenge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Gavok posted:

The finale was pretty uneventful outside of the last two matches:

- Juan Francisco defeated Green Ant by making him tap to the Coronado Clutch.

- Crummels and Defarge defeated Icarus and Deppen, Leary and Babish and Los Ice Creams in a four corners tag match to earn their third point towards title contention.

- Blank defeated Penelope Ford by countering a handspring stunner with a punch to the back of the head. After the match, he moved her hands over her face and had Still Life take a photo of his latest piece of art.

- Lucas Calhoun, Axel Ford and Missile Assault Man defeated the Proteus Wheel in a 3-on-4 street fight. Professor Nicodemus was part of the match and when initially cornered, he broke out some mace. In the end, the faces took out all three Proteus guys with outside dives, leaving them to take out Nicodemus and get the pin.

- Hallowicked defeated Boomer Hatfield with three top-rope snapmares in a row.

- The Creatures of the Deep defeated Razerhawk, Danjerhawk, Fire Ant and Thief Ant with a Tidal Wave onto Razerhawk.

- Solo Darling defeated Travis Huckabee. The ending seemed to be aping Gargano/Ciampa by having Huckabee apologize for his actions, try and backstab Solo, then getting put in his own submission and tapping out.

- Kimber Lee and Whisper defeated the Closers to become the new tag champs. At the end of the match, Kimber Lee German suplexed Whipser and unknowingly threw him on top of Rick Rolland for the pin.

- Dasher Hatfield defeated Ophidian by bouncing up from an Egyptian Destroyer, landing a spinning elbow and collapsing onto him for the pin. After the match, Boomer and Mr. Touchdown appeared to cheer him on. Touchdown announced that as of Monday, he will be officially cleared to wrestle again. Dasher refused to hand back the title belt and instead clotheslined Touchdown. Boomer went to check on Touchdown, but Dasher walked off with the title and yelled at Boomer to follow.

So heel Dasher is a thing now.

And he has 3 points minimum, right? Regardless of 'importance' I hope it was a fun show, it sounds like it was.