Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I think Jervis's brain exploded. Or maybe someone else involved in wrestlecircus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Hopefully Tarver doesn't try to murder someone with a chair like he did with Greg Iron

Tarver's chilled out quite a bit since he started doing music. Not sure if he's lightened up his hands tho.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Does Jolly Roger even wrestle anymore? I kinda remember he was a good lookin enough guy he could slide on that for a bit.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

RealFoxy posted:

I would never consider Jolly or his brother Jigsaw as good looking

their straws stir my drink, if you know what I mean.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

DM Punk posted:

Rumble Bees vs Janelope was SO GOOD. Solo countered a Doomsday Device into a power slam and it looked amazing. Janela said tonight was his last match in CZW, so it would not surprise me to see him and Penelope become regulars in CHIKARA going forward.

Janela doing Chikara would be weird since his schtick really works when its R-rated. I'd start watching Chikara more if he did tho.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

It was the first time seeing Chikara in a while(since BDK ran its course) and it was pretty awesome. They got their production down slick. I know Quack gets a lot of poo poo for comic book storylines but he really hits the "maybe I should grab a few back issues to get the whole story" part. I liked the video packages running down the angles for matches and ongoing feuds. All pretty clear cut even when the stuff being shown is absolutely batshit.

If I wasn't already critically over budget on streaming services, I'd be all over the Chikara stuff.

random thoughts:
I liked Bakabella on commentary because he's got the grizzled vet schtick down. Even worked a little blue in spots but still managed to keep it PG.

Icarus has gotten better on the mic.

Seeing Kimber come back was wild. I'd forgotten the ace of chikara was a woman that hits way out of her weightclass and looks fuckin fabulous doing it.

Ditto for Solo Darling. She's so cool.

I dug Oceania's crazy evil ways.

Chikara is cool.

The intermission match with Quack running down hold after hold shows me he shoulda called Bloodsport.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Gavok posted:

So at the last Hour of Power, Sylverhawk got his rear end kicked by Oceanea and Merlok so bad that he's off the roster and now in the alumni section. Meanwhile, Danjerhawk is a new member of the team who will be debuting at this Saturday's Infinite Gauntlet.

https://twitter.com/danjerhawk2000/status/990781091635236865

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

did Volgar really beat up a dog or is there something I'm missing here?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Barksdale isn't a dog, got it.

If I was a dog, I'd run from wrestling rings too. Very scary sounding!

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Mel Mudkiper posted:

yeah honestly I feel bad for the dog because he always seems really freaked out when they bring him out

its real fuckin loud and there's people bein loud but you can't bark at them because you were told not to, very sfresstul.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

why? The only way GCW managed to keep Teddy on task was because of Nick Gage's motivational speaking skills.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Chikara has a dog, but I don't think he's trained enough to count on the mat

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Whats up with Whisper? Just realized I havent heard from him for awhile

he was in the match at Beyond's Americanrana and did quite well for himself. Very pretty young man.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

CombineThresher posted:

And Eddie Kingston, don't forget. Hallowicked's gimmick really falls flat outside of Chikara, and while Ultramantis was always a little awkward in the ring, he was such a good worker otherwise that his matches were always fun.

edit: oh, and Tim Donst.

Really, Quack should get back on his OCD meds and start letting his students work people besides each other again so they'll get better.

AFAIK there's nothing stopping WF students from working other shows as long as they're available for Chikara dates. Quite a few have Real Life Commitments that make going full time indie wrestler not viable for them.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I thought from an artistic standpoint, Ashes was really cool but they could have done up a graphic novel and gotten the same effect.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Merlok reminds me of Escorpion Egipcio but I'm sure they're not the same person.

Still trying to figure out how Boomer Hatfield is.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Loved the Vokoder mask. A shame he gave it up for Safety Donst(not really)

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Phenix Rising posted:

Is King of Trios going to stream on Powerbomb.tv? Saw a little promo for the event itself during the WWR show today but it didn't specify whether or not it'd be live-streamed or just on-demand after the fact.

I know they mentioned some kind of partnership or something with CHIKARA at the last Beyond show (I think?) but I haven't heard much since then. I also haven't done a ton of sleuthing other than some quick Googles, so maybe I've missed something.

They said something on the Americanrana broadcast, I asked Powerbomb's twitter like twice now and haven't gotten a reply. I suspect DC might have misconstrued something.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Dlowmx posted:

To be fair, he fell on some pretty thick padding there

not his head tho, that went straight to the concrete.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

She's an elf. they don't do masks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Powerbomb.tv has Chikara's season 4 up if you wanna relive some 05-era indie goodness.