Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

I liked the pilot, and really love the costume and that they didn’t try to make it more “realistic” - actualy looks like something from a comic book. :D

Don’t mind the lack of a proper origin story per see, would like to know more about how his powers work though. At first I thought he was straight up frying people and that’s why he’s seen as a vigilante - but now it seems more like force bolts/telekinesis than electricity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

One thing I don't get, why does he keep getting hosed up so bad when that suit appears to be bullet proof?

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

That was weird, is that a thing you need to announce to your parents in the first place nowadays?

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Narcissus1916 posted:

A bunch of reviews and commentary keep mentioning the show's slow pace and I'm just like... are we watching the same series?

It is "slow" in the sense that not much has really happened in terms of the main plot moving forward. Or like...what is even the main plot? I figured the goal being taking out the 100 and in the end Black Lightning taking on Tobias, but the last episode just went out of it's way to say that would be bad...? Hope they won't do another Jessica Jones on that front.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

The 100 in particular do seem like the kind of problem that could be solved with a lot of punching. Could even turn it into a family bonding experience, now. :D

Fair enough though if this isn’t meant to be that kind of superhero show.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

At first I was worried they would double down on that “superheroes bad” thing with the daughter - so glad they got over that relatively fast, even the mom. This ep was definitely more my thing. :D

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

I kind of assumed Tobias too is a meta of some kind? There was that early thing where he just lifted up then crushed someone's throat with one hand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

I don't think he's supposed to be "physically intimidating". This is his comic counterpart:

• Locked thread