Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
I really liked the pilot. I felt like they did a great job with the family dynamic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Sir Potato posted:

The BL suit is great but I'd prefer it if Pierce just used that three-piece suit for the rest of the season, thank you very much.

Really, really good start. Am super hyped for this now.

Yeah, he looked more bad rear end in the three-piece suit than his power suit.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Chokes McGee posted:

So you've never seen Kevin Hart. Got it.

I actually saw someone refer to Kevin Hart in Jumanji as "token black guy". How the gently caress do you not know who Kevin Hart is?

e: Plus he was hilarious. He and Black Jack made the movie.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

howe_sam posted:

I continue to be really impressed with the soundtrack. There are way more needle drops than you see in most network shows.

Yeah, I really enjoy the music so far. I like the tone they've taken with it.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

muscles like this! posted:

The only thing that bugged me from the first two episodes is that Lala was basically an evil(er) version of Charlie Murphy's characer from Black Jesus.

Well the guy lasted two episodes, the writers probably didn't put a ton of effort into him.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Xelkelvos posted:

If it's anything like the suit in the newest comics, the glowing bits are supposedly charged by his own ambient electric field (and I guess it's implied he can affect electricity around him).

I hope we get some sly reference to his original costume

My guess without knowledge of the comics is that the suit is powered by his abilities and he's powered by electrical sources around him. I'm guessing there will be many episodes where he's weakened by lack of nearby power sources but overcomes it by being a huge intelligent badass anyway.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
The dinner sex talk scene was hilarious, I loved it.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
Black Lightning: Saturday is Sex Day.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

nine-gear crow posted:

Also how the gently caress do these people not instantly recognize Jeff when he shows up somewhere in his civvies, threatens them, leaves, and then shows up again 20 minutes later wearing that same beard, a super suit, and a pair of lovely sunglasses that don’t actually disguise his face?

Like, I love this show so much, and it’s otherwise perfect, but I’ll just never get over that one.

That's the same type of suspension of disbelief that virtually all super hero shows have relied on, Superman/Clark Kent being the most egregious example.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Tiggum posted:

Unlike the Marvel Netflix shows where it starts out with something similar (eg. Matt trying to balance being Daredevil with running a law firm) but then starts floundering, loses its way and tries to recover by just throwing ninjas everywhere. Hopefully this show will actually stick to its central thesis - that societal problems are incredibly complex and can't be solved overnight or by one person, no matter how many ninjas he punches.

But have you considered that maybe he just hasn't punched enough ninjas?

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
Series finale is Black Lightning running a GOTV effort and finally cleaning up the streets by electing not-Republicans.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
What is even going on right now?

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

ruddiger posted:

Seeing James Remar in fatherly roles is kinda weird for me because I've always only ever thought of him as Ajax from The Warriors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zL0ipXUD-uU

and the guy who killed the Phantom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2N7E4s_1dY

I was going to comment about age but you're admitting to watching and remembering The Phantom... ...

dot dot dot

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I hope they explain why they are just keeping those powered kids on ice. Doesn't seem like they are experimenting on them so why does the vice principal lady have a quota?

He's competent and a good cop. Outlook not so good. :ohdear:

Seeing as all the dealers in town have been having a hard time getting green lightning but they were able to plant a big bag in his car, my guess is they're using those kids to manufacture it somehow.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Burning_Monk posted:

There is also the weird thing were Green Light has the potential to cause super powers, and they are looking for that, making it even stranger.

Well if they are using their previous captives from decades ago to make GL and they're starting to die off, that explains why they're just now starting to kidnap more kids with powers to replace them.

Given the whole government link it's probably tied to some super-soldier type of program.

Now I feel silly for speculating on comic book story lines.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

ApeHawk posted:

No, I mean, how did no one see them plant the evidence? They weren't being particularly stealthy.

They didn't necessarily plant the poo poo in the car at the school and the small bag scene is easy to palm while searching.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Azhais posted:

They literally showed them planting the poo poo in the car at the school

Ah, must've glanced away, I just saw them picking it up out of the trunk.

See, it worked. :)

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
I understand the point even without that particular scene, I just happened to miss the original toss of the bag into the trunk. Even without that the character of that person and his standing in the community would've been enough to call bullshit on the whole thing. Putting something in someone's car isn't that hard to do.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Yup, was thinking of that as well.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
Good thing she wasn't a PoC or she would've been hosed.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

ApeHawk posted:

He ain't dead; no body was shown.

Yup. Next season he'll have a tattoo of himself though.

e: And he'll literally be talking to himself as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
Pretty sure it was just talking about exposure through the news.

• Locked thread