Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Slamhound posted:

It would work as an alternate Earth deal. Stick to the crossovers, like Supergirl.

They’ve said it’s an alternate Earth from the other shows, but the line about superheroes in other cities seems like they’re leaving the door open for it actually being on Earth-1 after all.

I do agree though, holy poo poo this is head and shoulders above the rest of the Arrowverse so far. Let’s hope it can maintain this level of quality throughout it’s run this year.

Also :lol: Roland Martin cameo out of nowhere. How can you tell they shot this in Atlanta? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Xelkelvos posted:

More like tazer tag.

Aww, I thought that said tazer lag initially and I was like gently caress YEAH NEW THREAD TITLE!! :byodood:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Zebulon posted:

Legends is sharing timeslots with Supergirl for some reason.

So it doesn't end its season 2 months before Flash and Arrow do because it has like 6 fewer episodes than a year than they do. But yeah it actually doesn't make any sense because it fucks over Supergirl more than anything.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Bruceski posted:

Tyler Hochlin is still 6'0, I think that initial photo had James standing on a step or something.

Also Mehcad Brooks is 6'4". EVERYONE is tiny compared to Giant James Olson.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Rhyno posted:

As soon as they announced it was Williams in the role I got super hype because he is truly built like a super hero.

Plus, his voice is just so fantastic. It’s got that kind of Keith David as Goliath from Gargoyles quality to it that just makes it a delight to listen to.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Bruceski posted:

I thought the older daughter was the one who broke the sink, now the younger one's punching things across the room like she knew it was possible in the first place? Did I miss a reveal, get people mixed up, or did they skip her initial discovery?

Mix up. Annessa is the older daughter with the powers (so far). She was the one practicing in the junkyard with the washer. Jennifer is the younger daughter (no powers so far, but it's clearly coming), and she was at the funeral.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I just love the dynamic between the sisters on this show. I can't wait to see them kicking as together as Thunder and Lightning themselves.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Bruceski posted:

Jennifer is two years away from college, so 16 or so. Anissa I'm not sure, 25-ish?

Jennifer said she was 18 in this episode, and Anissa seems to be in the 21-25-ish range. It’s a CW show though. Age is kinda meaningless. Hell, look at the weirdos in the Arrow thread who think shipping Thea and Quinten is a drat fine idea :barf:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Can we change the thread title to “Snitches Get Zzztttzztchs” please?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Also how the gently caress do these people not instantly recognize Jeff when he shows up somewhere in his civvies, threatens them, leaves, and then shows up again 20 minutes later wearing that same beard, a super suit, and a pair of lovely sunglasses that don’t actually disguise his face?

Like, I love this show so much, and it’s otherwise perfect, but I’ll just never get over that one.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Rocksicles posted:

She's defying the CW superhero codes.

Have secret identity, tell everyone about it.
Have secret base, everyone drops by for beer and/or fight

To be fair, she hasn't revealed her secret identity to the two people who could do the most real damage to her (Lena and Reign), AND her secret base is fully staffed by an army of special agent commandos and other superheroes, so good luck breaking into it unless you have some kind of superpower yourself.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Avalerion posted:

The 100 in particular do seem like the kind of problem that could be solved with a lot of punching. Could even turn it into a family bonding experience, now. :D

Fair enough though if this isn’t meant to be that kind of superhero show.

That was actually the original rough premise, from what I recall. “Super hero dad comes out of retirement to show his daughters how to be proper heroes after they start experimenting with their own powers.” So hopefully they keep leaning into that direction.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Soooooo... Cop Dude totally knows that Jeff is Black Lightning, right? That bit of “you’re more than that” was his way of letting him know, and he’s gonna show up at the Pierce house with some trumped up warrant because he can’t actually touch him for being Black Lightning otherwise, right?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Personally, the one I’m disappointed to see get ganked so soon was Joey Toledo. I was rather enjoying that kind of deranged hipster Oswald Cobblepot thing he had going. Dude was just not functioning on the same level as everyone else around him, and yet he was probably one of the greater immediate threats to Black Lightning we’ve seen so far and then, just... pop, gone.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Let's be reasonable here: there's no way Legends of Tomorrow can end before Sara hooks up with someone from every Arrowverse show. She's already got Arrow, Supergirl, Constantine, and Legends itself under her belt. All she needs is someone from Flash, Black Lightning and Vixen and we've done it.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

OB_Juan posted:

You sure about Constantine?

She totally banged Constantine :colbert:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Koalas March posted:

I am only on s2 of Legends but I would much rather see Amaya/Sara than Amaya/Nat. Amaya/Mick would be fun tho.

Sara/Anissa would be cute but I really don't think I want BL in the Arrowverse.

Nate and Amaya start out a little rocky, but they get infinitely better once they go all-in and start playing what would be their crippling CW-style romantic drama purely for comedy.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

The Lord Bude posted:

Her primary criterion for a partner appears to be a very strong preference for Queens. Thus she bones Oliver Queen; various historical Queens, and Constantine (who is a drama queen).

And Alex Danvers, SLAYQUEEN.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Chokes McGee posted:

God loving drat I love this show.

Most DC Shows: "oh no we have been framed, we will now spend 10 episodes struggling with the moral dilemmas and how we can no longer protect ourselves"
Black Lightning: "Huh, the police are after us. Welp, back to training! *montage set to kung fu fighting*"

The promo for next week looks great too. I can't wait to see Jefferson, Anissa and Jennifer all out there being a super hero family. And I really hope Jeff and Gambi settle their poo poo real quick because they're probably gonna need his shifty rear end sooner rather than later. Hell, they need him to make Jen's costume :v:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Rhyno posted:

You don't have anything concrete to back that up.

They could have very successful televisions shows.

It could also be that the show really is set on Earth-1 after all and that Freeland is just really insulated from the other wackiness of Central and Star City due it its geographical proximity farther south or something. Jennifer was talking about Vixen like she was a real person to her, and Supergirl has been involved in at least two high-profile super hero battles to save the world from aliens and Nazis, it would not surprise me if a lot of folks on Earth-1 know the name “Supergirl” and have some concept of who she is, even if she doesn’t show up all that often.

Also Flash has an entire merch department out there somewhere putting Barry’s logo on backpacks and poo poo apparently without his knowledge or consent, so it wouldn’t surprise me if a lot of the various heroes had “unauthorized” comics made of themselves floating about there in the Arrowverse that just so happen to look like stuff DC has actually made in the past because lol look at us reference ourselves, guys.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Koalas March posted:

I love James Remar because he took his typecasting and ran with it. Need a lovely dad? Get James Remar. Wilfred, Shannara, Dexter and I'm sure many more that I'm forgetting.

James Remar is in Killzone 3 too. He plays the player's commanding officer and he has the single best spoken line in the entire goddamn franchise.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Avalerion posted:

I kind of assumed Tobias too is a meta of some kind? There was that early thing where he just lifted up then crushed someone's throat with one hand.

He's also either biologically immortal or ages incredibly slowly because he's looked the same for at least 30 years.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I'm glad everyone survived. Especially Tobias. Krondon is a loving gift to this show :allears:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

BrianWilly posted:

Wow they really just fuckin executed mini-Trump didn't they :stare:

The Arrowverse has become an industrial clearing house for dunking on Trump in absentia.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Slamhound posted:

Seriously, Krondon is absolutely stellar.

I showed a friend of mine the "Do you believe in the Resurrection, Latavius?" scene a while back and they were quite impressed and said they'd check out Black Lightning after they got through catching up with Supergirl and Legends.

Also goddamn that scene makes me miss Joey Toledo. Him and Syonide together made one striking double act.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Idk if the kids were saved, but it definitely cut to the news next. Maybe she just had a reporter friend who could expose the experimentation and all those poor kids died

But yea it was definitely an awkward transition so I'm wondering if I missed something super obvious.

Scientist Man said the only way to actually save the box kids was with whatever was in Proctor’s briefcase. Which Tobias now has, and seems very happy to have. The implication going into season 2 is that Tobias is gonna try to use whatever the hell’s in the briefcase to try and harvest himself a potential army of metas rather than have to spend millions making more artificial ones like Syonide, Painkiller and Lala.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, I was a little worried she wouldn't deliver when she stopped lurking in the background and started talking and kicking rear end but I was delighted by the results.

Also I love that Khalil's origin story basically plays out as...

Khalil: I'm angry at everything!
Tobias: Its Black Lightning's fault because... whatever, I can make you walk.
Khalil: I'm in. So why's Black Lightning the bad guy?
Tobias: gently caress it, we're the bad guys. But you walk now and have poison blood so what are you gonna do? Shut up and get in line or Syonide will shoot you.
Khalil: Ok.

That whole crew is just comic book villains in my absolute favorite way.

This is why I want Joey Toledo back.

“What’s your super power?” / “I dress like a hipster and kick the poo poo out of people. Really hard.”

• Locked thread