Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

STAC Goat posted:

"Bulletproof" isn't actually bulletproof. Bullets can still go through a kevlar vest and even if they don't they're still projectiles hitting you at high speeds which cause damage. Its like putting on a poncho in the rain. It will help you get less wet, but if its pouring you're still probably gonna get wet.

That's a terrible metaphor and don't kill me for it, people who care a lot about guns and vests.

Kevlar also is effective against bullets due to it's uniquely strong properties against high impact assaults but not so much against things like knives or even broad blunt objects like baseball bats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

RandomBlue posted:

The dinner sex talk scene was hilarious, I loved it.

Definitely a highlight. "We did want a strong independent young woman." *averts eyes turns head to down a glass of wine*

though if that was my parents it would have immediately gone into... "well let me tell you about STDs! And the wonderful colors they come in!"

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

Murderion posted:

Does anyone else get the feeling the vice principal is up to something?

Oh, for sure! Early in the episode she told Jefferson that she wasn't his secretary and he should call the School Board. At the end, when she was giving him the School Board's ultimatum to give up his veto and get only a vote she happily skipped out of the room to call them.

She was probably the one who suggested that option to the Board to begin with, at least that's my theory.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

Phenotype posted:

This would actually be a neat way for a superhero to support himself instead of having a day job, and I'd be willing to bet it's been done before. But Barry oughta find these guys and make them cut him in on the business, especially now that he's sorta fired from the police department.

It's how Ozymandias in Watchmen initially made his fortune. He sold all the Watchmen's merchandise while the rest didn't care and just wanted to fight crime.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Not to mention his lightning shield has a real bad tendency for ricochets.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

OmniBeer posted:

If I recall, when Gambi was arguing with the lead ASA agent that they should capture Black Lightning instead of killing him, he said something along the lines of, "Capturing one more metahuman isn't going to teach us how to make our own."

My assumption is that there's some sort of experimentation/analysis happening there since the powers are an unintended side effect- I think they're still trying to figure out what the gently caress they did by accident.

No idea on the quota thing, though. That surprised me too, unless it's active experimentation.

There is also the weird thing were Green Light has the potential to cause super powers, and they are looking for that, making it even stranger.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

Azhais posted:

They literally showed them planting the poo poo in the car at the school

It was pretty comical too...

Put stuff in car.
Count to 10.
"Oh what do we have here?"

I'd think it was unrealistic if we didn't have actual video of dumbass cops doing that exact thing on youtube.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

Azhais posted:

The one detective that got arrested at the end tossed it on top of the spare tire right when they got there then shouted out orders to "check every nook and cranny". One of the other beat cops actually found the bag and pulled it out.

Wasn't quite as blatant as just pulling the bag out of his coat and proclaiming he found it like you usually end up with

Pretty sure the same guy who planted it "found" it 10 seconds later.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

RandomBlue posted:

I understand the point even without that particular scene, I just happened to miss the original toss of the bag into the trunk. Even without that the character of that person and his standing in the community would've been enough to call bullshit on the whole thing. Putting something in someone's car isn't that hard to do.

Reminded me of this...
https://www.ocregister.com/2016/02/06/jury-awards-57-million-to-irvine-pta-mom-in-drug-planting-case/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

RandomBlue posted:

Good thing she wasn't a PoC or she would've been hosed.

RandomBlue posted:

Yup, was thinking of that as well.

:same:

• Locked thread