Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
This was a great palate cleanser after watching that retarded Flash episode.

Pierce is a loving badass and I love the overarching social injustice issues. It's gonna piss the right wingers off something fierce.

One thing I don't get--how did Pierce become Black Lightning in the first place? We never quite got the origin story explanation other than "he used to be a superhero, then hung up the costume".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Sir Potato posted:

The BL suit is great but I'd prefer it if Pierce just used that three-piece suit for the rest of the season, thank you very much.

Really, really good start. Am super hyped for this now.

That scene where he pulled the taser cords off then electrocuted the cops was :stare:

Seriously, though, I know someone mentioned it already but that scene where Pierce gets pulled out of his car, thrown onto the hood of the cop car, cuffed, and then presented to a witness with absolutely no explanation was REALLY powerful. I actually felt a little angry, especially when that racist rear end in a top hat cop smiled at him.

Tiggum posted:

Does it matter? Is it relevant to the story they're trying to tell?

Uh, yes? Black Lightning isn't exactly a DC A-lister, so a lot of people watching are going to have no idea how he came to be.

• Locked thread