Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fivehead
Jul 11, 2017

Americans Need Cash Now

Nirvikalpa posted:

Due to some mental and physical issues in the past, I have ended up with a terrible GPA. Prior to the last semester, I had a 1.8. This semester, I managed to get a 3.5, which is ok, but now my GPA is only 2.2. I feel like my most recent semester's GPA shows that I am a decent student, especially as the previous semester I had tried to complete was Spring of 2016.

However, I feel like my GPA is going to scare any potential employer or summer program away. Because of registration issues, I've only been able to complete 1 class in my Economics major (back when I started college in Fall 2012). I don't feel like I'm competitive for anything. Should I suck it up and do an unpaid internship? I'm willing to do anything that would help me obtain gainful employment by the time I graduate. It doesn't matter how much it costs; finances aren't a problem for me thankfully.

EDIT: I have to add, I'm not a STEM major and I didn't fail my classes because they were too hard or anything like that. Right now I don't have many tangible skills.

My alma mater, a public school, ‘forgave’ a friends horrific grades for a semester or two after he received a mental health diagnosis.

Worth looking into. He may have lost the credits but it gave him a new chance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread