Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Higgy
Jul 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Look for internships or jobs that don’t look for gpa, you’d be surprised how many don’t. I got hired as intern with a 2.6 GPA out of college. They never asked and I never told and I still work there many years later.

You seem to be under the impression that every prospective job gives a poo poo, I guarantee that’s not the case. Does your school have a career center? If so, go talk to them and see what’s out there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Higgy
Jul 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Nirvikalpa posted:

Oh looked, something change. Despite my abysmal GPA, I somehow got accepted to a fellowship that pays for the summer and next summer. I don't think the stipend is that high but I get free airfare and housing for the summer. I will also be camping and white water rafting in national parks for free this summer. Because I no longer need to pay for tuition, my dad agreed to invest $5500 in my Roth IRA. Yay.

I wish I had rich parents that don’t seem to care about me wasting their money. What’s the fellowship for that your “abysmal” gpa apparently wasn’t a red flag to them?

• Locked thread