Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
BEST KONG
This poll is closed.
Donkey Kong 76 6.13%
Diddie Kong 75 6.05%
Dixie Kong 84 6.77%
Lankey Kong 129 10.40%
Funky Kong 189 15.24%
Mario 198 15.97%
Tiny Kony 65 5.24%
Candy Kong 61 4.92%
Chunky Kong 89 7.18%
Cranky Kong 125 10.08%
Wrinkley Kong (R.I.P.) :qq: 149 12.02%
Total: 719 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
We have this to look forward to!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

SoftNum posted:

Also Orcastraw is a translady, which I'm sure didn't figure at all into reddit's dislike.

Yeah, that thread is aggravating to read on several levels.

I'm sure we'll be Drama-free this year!

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

SoftNum posted:

Speaking of, has anyone put out a goonwatch schedule yet? Punchy has a run and UA is on a couch?

Not that I've seen, I was mulling over compiling a list, but don't know which runners are goons (beyond those who have indicated as such in the two threads) . I'm pretty sure I saw halfcoordinated post here last year? He's got two runs this time around.

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
So far for goon-runs we have:

[Sunday]
9:33 PM EST Blaster Master Zero run by Skavenger216 with goon UraniumAnchor on the couch.

[Wednesday]
12:51 AM EST Silent Hill run by SuccinctAndPunchy

[Friday]
3:16 AM EST Armed With Wings: Rearmed run by halfcoordinated
3:40 AM EST TAIKER run by halfcoordinated

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

TeaJay posted:

I think PJ's Lagoon run is probably one of the best, if not THE best GDQ run I've seen. It's got everything you want, PJ, a hilarious, broken game and a great couch & commentary.

Also wish more people were around to see Might & Magic VI live from last SGDQ, since it was run early morning EU time. It's also where the various

reaction shots are from. If you didn't, you still have time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cl6p6Pni6U0

That run was insanely good. Might be just a personal thing on where sometimes I'm just more into some glitches than others, but loading the game blue for some reason, allowing you to glitch into being 1 pixel high with a one pixel hitbox and then going to dragondeath island to load up on endgame gear was cool as gently caress and that was just he beginning.

I think my overall favorite chat moment that I would relive if I could was being in the chat thread for Batman Forever, calling out the insane names of each enemy as they appeared.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJDMRdy56ek

If someone has the gifs from that from the last thread, please share.

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

Can I get some help deciphering this photo? It looks like the phone and thumb are seen by reflection in a mirror, but the lamp is attached to the mirror, so that mirror would have to be in the ceiling, and none of this is making logical spatial sense in my mind.

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

The Kins posted:

It's taken looking down into a lampshade.

I think I have it now. Thank you.

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

grand theft grotto posted:

Each punch somehow more succinct than the last.

It's all in the mind...

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
So what are the advantages of Streamlink whatever? I'm an old man and installing things is hard with the configuarations and the clernifications, so I'm probably just going to watch on Twitch unless someone convinces me to do effort.

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
If you want to see good hobsliding action, don't look for it from Hob, the guy who developed it, he's not that good at doing it as other people.

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
C-ya nerd!

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
Audio has been fine, but really bad frame rate, like 0.5/s

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
Does Crash to the 30 second long victory dance in the new one?

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

Wow, it's been 6 years since that wonderful thread

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

TeaJay posted:

I missed a bit but I'm assuming they met the incentive on that Crash 1 level because my faith in mankind will shatter otherwise

Yes

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
I"m going to get a metal plate in the shape of my first initial embedded into my forehead.

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

Your Computer posted:

what even IS a bandicoot

it sounds kinda rude

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
What the hell just happened?

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

beep by grandpa posted:

The first time it was in a marathon, it was a pretty humorous twist that changed things up and gave some variety so it wasn't just like "every other marathon". But it's been done multiple times now and frankly, I think the joke has gotten old by this point.

Especially nowadays there's so many speedrunners that have great runs to offer, and we are putting them aside to put in this running gag that I feel like most people honestly don't care to watch anymore. The AwGDQ last year took up 6 hours of timeslots. That's quite a lot for what it is, you could fit an entire game block or two with that much time, and I am sure they would be more entertaining and bring in more donations.

I really dislike seeing this go on and not really hearing anyone say anything about it, if AwDGQ does happen this year, please make it the last time, or at the least please shorten how long it is.

Or if you want to keep that time block of "something different", let people run their lesser known games that I know people would want to watch (Billy Hatcher is a good example). You could call it "Obscure Games Done Quick" or something idk.

Awful Games Done Quick just doesn't seem fair to either the people interested in going to the marathon or to the viewers and supporters for the marathon. Thanks.
:shittypop::shittypop::shittypop::shittypop::shittypop:

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
Where are all the Squidling's parents while they run amok on the street without supervision?

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
This boss looks like something out of Space Channel 5

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

Ganson posted:

Apparently if you missing usual agdq chat it has been recreated in https://www.twitch.tv/gdq_poverty

I'm not.

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

Quest For Glory II posted:

gently caress yeah genesis music

Streets of Rage 2 is probably my favorite console game ever released. Love that game so much.

GRAND UP-PAH

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
Also the runner for Splatoon 2 is wearing a shirt with Santa Cats on Cheese Pizza

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
Why (in your casual play) would you run past a group of enemies when you can SUCK THEM INTO A LITERAL BLACK HOLE OF AWESOME POWER?

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
So I walked a dog and ate some pumpkin bread instead of watching this. Have there been any cool tech, or has it been just using the light spark run past and up things over and over?

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
"This is a great game for speed running"

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
Skyrim next.

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
Can't watch Hollow Knight, I bought it after SGDQ, haven't played it yet, and don't want to spoil it.

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
Once again, amazing Streets of Rage music.

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
I like this guy already.

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
TOO FAST

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
"If you shove your face into an obstacle as hard as possible, you will go over it. That's a life lesson"

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
Task manager tech!

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

Tetracube posted:

quantum entangle with a horse

I thought he was joking, but he's not. :stare:

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
Bucketclip

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
Pick up one object: skip 6 quests.

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
We're so far ahead of our estimate, we're going to get married.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

Your Computer posted:

It's-a me, Paarthurnax!

• Locked thread