Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
BEST KONG
This poll is closed.
Donkey Kong 76 6.13%
Diddie Kong 75 6.05%
Dixie Kong 84 6.77%
Lankey Kong 129 10.40%
Funky Kong 189 15.24%
Mario 198 15.97%
Tiny Kony 65 5.24%
Candy Kong 61 4.92%
Chunky Kong 89 7.18%
Cranky Kong 125 10.08%
Wrinkley Kong (R.I.P.) :qq: 149 12.02%
Total: 719 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2n-rCr2i5Y

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009
They're re-playing the previous agdq right now on twitch:

https://www.twitch.tv/gamesdonequick

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Mind going into this a bit more? Would help balance things out for me because the only thing I recall is "man air canada is going to be super confused when they wake up and see this lol"

Like how was he unprepared? He showed up and did his run pretty drat well and didn't hold anything up so I'm actually kinda curious.

He clearly didn't get enough sleep and as a result was making mistakes the entire run to the point it was almost mercy killed.

quote:

Looking at cons, I mangled my presentation of Jak and Daxter to the highest degree and I apologise deeply. During the run, I could feel my phone going off in my pocket and I was starting to get anxiety, having this genuine feeling that people on Twitter were saying what a screwup the run was and how anyone who plays this bad could get in to a GDQ. Truth is, I was approached by staff after the run and they said they were looking at two options: mercy killing the run and ending it right there, or memeing literally so hard that we made the run a success. To be honest, I had mixed feelings immediately following the run, because the laughs and memes were great, but I really felt like I let a lot of people down by giving such a bad performance. I practised a lot and had a generally good time doing the practice, but by then I was so far gone with jet lag and stress that there was a very low chance I was gonna be able to give a decent showing of the run. I was so disappointed in myself after ward. I outlined all of this in a poorly formatted Reddit post in one of the SGDQ threads. In a way, I lost the only thing I stand for in speedrunning; to have fun. I told myself, if things start to go badly, just have fun with it, but it took me a long time to let that "whale of attachment" go (about an hour and fifteen lmao). Finally I thought, if there's one thing I'm going to do right during the run, it's to have fun with my friends, and play a video game like no one was watching. Go out with a bang. Show em all you've got a personality. Moral of the story: Pressure is unnecessary. Have fun.
In hindsight, I wouldn't change a thing.

https://pastebin.com/bzV6uet5

1-800-DOCTORB fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Jan 6, 2018

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

Corek posted:

Apparently Twitch chat will be sub mode all week long

It's about time.

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

Dias posted:

quoth the raven: never moe

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

Corek posted:

Isn't Yooka-Laylee... not a good game

People wanted a Banjo Kazooie remake and that's what they got. But then people realized Banjo Kazooie wasn't a good game...

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

Dias posted:

he's hosting galaxy!!

no he was permabanned for violating the No-Fun rule

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

Ramadu posted:

edit: whoops this isnt trump thread!!!!!!!!

gotta edit fast

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009
I haven't seen Mike Uyama at a gdq in over five minutes, what is he hiding!?

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009
"Thank you... Mr. Uyama"

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009
Yes we did it, we made an old man fall asleep!

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009
He'll never be the head of the police force now!

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

Brother Entropy posted:

i'm...a little surprised a game this Rated M For Mature isn't done at 2 or 3 AM

It is in fact being ran at both 2 and 3 am!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009
Uyama is going to appear in game and eject the main character from AGDQ

• Locked thread