Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
BEST KONG
This poll is closed.
Donkey Kong 76 6.13%
Diddie Kong 75 6.05%
Dixie Kong 84 6.77%
Lankey Kong 129 10.40%
Funky Kong 189 15.24%
Mario 198 15.97%
Tiny Kony 65 5.24%
Candy Kong 61 4.92%
Chunky Kong 89 7.18%
Cranky Kong 125 10.08%
Wrinkley Kong (R.I.P.) :qq: 149 12.02%
Total: 719 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

click for thread's official theme song

https://twitter.com/oliviadgrace/status/950075062920495104

https://gamesdonequick.com/
http://twitch.tv/gamesdonequick/

This thread is for:
Fun
Video Games
Memes
Tweets
Jokes
Jabs
Gags
Goofs
Gifs
Shitposts
LTTP Rando
And most importantly...Friends :unsmith:

This thread is NOT for:
Taking Video Games Too Seriously
Not Taking Video Games Seriously Enough
bmps
tgas
5.51 splits
Bad Vibes
Beefs
Good Posts
LTTP Rando

If you wandered in this thread by accident and want a change of pace to cool your heels a little bit, check out KennyMan666 big sister thread but come back cause we'll miss you here friend :h: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3845629

HAve fun out there everyone ...:)

"As you move along in your life, keep an open mind and (don't forget) if you gotta do something, believe in yourself."
~unknown

beep by grandpa fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Jan 9, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

!uptime

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I hosed up........Why did I take the entire week off from work this week and have a snow day and go to connecticut and have fun with friends and go on a date tonight and go to the bar tomorrow with lame fuckin irl friends when I could have taken next week off and watched video games and posted with all of my best e-friends......sigh.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I changed the pic in the OP and click on it to receive this thread's background music

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

You thought the holidays were over, bitch? Thanksgiving, christmas, new years and AGDQ.

Pakled posted:

I loving love AGDQ

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I celebrate Kwanzaa all year round motherfucker

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Your favorite poster (me) is mad there's no dk64/dkc block this year. Dk64 is the most magical time to post here. I'll def take dkc2 (the best dk game) over nothing tho.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I want to make a new bingo but I think my sgdq one was so good can I just reuse it or meditate and make a new one

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Every agdq image I made myself have showed up in this thread independently please carry on my legacy when I am gone :911:

I

Can't

Wait

To

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

One more day left everyone

Am I the only one who thinks posting here is an integral part of the gdq experience? I don't know how much enjoyment I'd even get out of it by myself after so many gdqs in the bank if not for my postin pals :h:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHEWuYNjXVI&t=3322s

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Pants Donkey posted:

This is kinda silly, but watching runs after the marathon feels kinda meh? There is something about watching them live.

Agreedo

I was compiling a list of the "good" speedruns recommended here to check out later and I watched a few of em and just kinda gave up cause I couldn't excitedly run back here with a beep hot take, which bummed me out

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

no lie my productivity at work goes down a good 80% during GDQ weeks :shobon:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Mods, please ban everyone who didn't vote Funky Kong.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I will loving fight all of you

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

An atheist was walking through the woods. "What majestic trees! What powerful rivers! What beautiful animals!" he said to himself.

As he was walking alongside the river, he heard a rustling in the bushes behind him.

He turned to look. He saw a 7-foot grizzly bear charge towards him. He ran as fast as he could up the path. He looked over his shoulder and saw that the bear was closing in on him.

He looked over his shoulder again, and the bear was even closer.

He tripped and fell on the ground. He rolled over to pick himself up but saw that the bear was right on top of him,reaching for him with his left paw and raising his right paw to strike him.

At that instant the Atheist cried out, "Oh my God!"

Time stopped. The bear froze. The forest was silent.

As a bright light shone upon the man, a voice came out of the sky.

"You deny my existence for all these years, teach others I don't exist and even credit creation to cosmic accident."

"Do you expect me to help you out of this predicament? Am I to count you as a believer?"

The atheist looked directly into the light, "It would be hypocritical of me to suddenly ask you to treat me as a Christian now, but perhaps you could make the BEAR a Christian?"

"Very well," said the voice.

The light went out. The sounds of the forest resumed.

And the bear dropped his right paw, brought both paws together, bowed his head and spoke:

"Lord bless this food, which I am about to receive from thy bounty through Christ our Lord, Amen."

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Who else horny for speed runs rn don't be shy

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I am Rock. loving. HARD.

screw the haters and fanboys!!!...

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

This is all of us tonight and the rest of this week...and it makes me so happy...

This is for you guys...from me...this is how I feel when I post with u all and I hope u feel the same about your favourite poster (me)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

quoting for good luck and rating this thread 5.51 stars

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I have this shirt but I was fat when I got it and now I'm not anymore so it's a nice pajama shirt. Net gain because I now sleep with my gdq memories close against my chest :-]

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I lol when I think about that shirt cause the design is so good that it works on its own but god drat if I were was ever in a position where I was forced to explain it to anyone because I would have to describe Speedrunning, AGDQ, Tetris, Pacific Rim, T E R R O R I N S T I N C T their core concepts, their relation to each other and why that is funny.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Guys what are some more of your favorite GDQ memories :allears:

I've got a couple but I want to be nice and let my friends have a turn cause y'all know me I'm a yapper and a storyteller

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

[Tasteful] [Heartwarming]

I can't shut up for literally a minute but I liked the year we were all donating about that one little girl who was related to a goon, Samantha, I think? She passed away that year but that was cool and it brought us all together. She didn't win the naming convention thing we were trying to and tbh imho I think some people in the thread took that too personally but I liked how sincerely everyone was all rooting for that little girl. RIP.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Hahaha omg I remember the gundam chat, does anyone even remember how that started?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I'm about to go to sleep and when I wake up it will be the start of AGDQ...guys I can't wait :):):):):): ):

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

nice work so far everyone but I need you all to get your numbers up.

these are rookie numbers. let's try really hard tomorrow, boys and girls. speedruns. I cannot wait. Waiting is the rust of the soul.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

The Lobster posted:

I've never been top three at anything in my life! :swoon:

u are in my heart

...but tbh I didn't care for most of Korra that much except for all of Season 3 which was like unbelievably good and on par with OG TLA

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Challenge: try to watch this w/o getting a legit lump in your throat. you wont bitch.

http://www.youtubedoubler.com/?vide...eal.+all+of+it.

(I synced it up this way on purpose cause it was literally the song that was playing as they crossed over but all the VODs have the music stripped out and it *could not* have been more fitting :cry: )

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

G O O D M O R N I N G

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

WHO IS READY TO POST

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I SAID WHO THE gently caress IS READY TO POST

^^
(GDQ) > (Cancer) < (Our posts)

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I'm the cute girl cheering politely from the side lines

beep by grandpa posted:

I SAID WHO THE gently caress IS READY TO POST

^^
(GDQ) > (Cancer) < (Our posts)

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

tfw you can't post cause you have to sleep / go to work

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

when u and ur bro get off from work to quickly come home to post and watch speedruns

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner, my #1 favorite game of all time is being played saturday and I hope I get to watch it. And post a lot about it. I know so much about the game I'll be this thread's e-couch commentary for it

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

trying to get Livestreamer to work again on day 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Your Computer posted:

me, in this thread

same, but

• Locked thread