Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
Oooh boy, poo poo's about to get real.

I'm going to refrain from voting since I've played the hell out of this. This game is really, really good, and the dev is working on a side story set in the same universe and a sequel. If this has interested you at all, pick it up and play it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
All aboard the pain train.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
Great job on the choices everyone! I did not do anywhere near as well on my first attempt (actually, i made the mistake of giving away my true name at fairy court, which flashes a terrifying smile at you and instantly ends the game), but that was a hell of a run, even if we didn't pick up Fire-Buddy Pyreworm or Monster Hunter Toby.

Also, with regard to the joke about everyone in this game being gay... Toby has a rather interesting object of personal power when we help him gather items to use as a focus to cast out the literal boogeyman in his closet.

And upon writing that out I just realised how many layers there actually are in that scene, holy poo poo.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Doopliss posted:

Look at this scrub. I'll have you know, I lasted a full two choices longer on my first playthrough. In retrospect, I feel like kind of a dunce.
(mumbles) it's a different context when you're playing it over a couple hours instead of a couple days okay

I was in full robot beep-boop roleplay mode when it happened, and felt like a real idiot when I clicked the beep-boop robot answer and realised that it was the only one on the list that is actually her "true" name.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

cant cook creole bream posted:

My favorite choice in the endgame is probably to send Decker to his dad. "He may be a bigot, but he doesn't deserve this!"
Then he goes to the retirement home and just talks to him, rather than using some sort of magic.

Also it's cool that Andy can sing the water healing song. That removes 50% of the hungry ghost's power. It's really effective, but you need a lot of requirements for that.

Sending Andy to Sarah is also really interesting too.

Wait what.

I missed so many things.

• Locked thread