Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It was trash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I tuned in a couple of times. I saw a Mario Land 2 run, where a guy sang along to the space music in the autoscroll level. People liked it a lot, so he started making lyrics for the other songs too. It was ok.

I saw a person die in Dark Souls 3, a lot, which seemed like not a good run

A guy did diablo 1 but he literally just ran to the bottom of the dungeon as fast as possible skipping every possible thing then spammed a lot of fire walls and won, so that was a thing

Sonic Mania run was really cool but people got way more upset at the fact that the commenter said She than the cool run, so

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

LttP rando race is really really good.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I saw a Mario Land 2 run, where a guy sang along to the space music in the autoscroll level. People liked it a lot, so he started making lyrics for the other songs too. It was ok.

The singing sucked and almost ruined a good run.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

qnqnx posted:

The singing sucked and almost ruined a good run.

If someone is loud and flashy enough like a Marvel Cinematic Universe film it will entertain the masses effortlessly regardless of their skill or quality. The absolute state of gamers in 2018.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The dude singing was barely audible but it did get old after the first time

Looking through the vods these are the runs I watched and enjoyed

F-Zero GX
Sonic Advance 3
Sonic Adventure 2 race
Sonic Mania
Mega Man X race
MGS1
Mario 3D World
Half Life OF
Most of the 10 minute NES runs
Wario Land 4 (very good)
Yoshi's Island race
Mario Sunshine
Pretty much the entire awful block (Superman 64 through Deadly Towers)
CloudBuilt
Wonder Boy the Dragon's Trap
Mario Galaxy
Super Monkey Ball
Mike Tyson's Punch Out + Super Punch Out 2 games one controller (amazing)
Ocarina of Time hundo
Kirby Canvas Curse
Princess Rescue
Zelda 1 3-way race
LttP randomizer race
SMW race
and the BotW run seems alright so far

Entertaining enough GDQ imo.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i fell asleep

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

In Training posted:

I didn't get to watch any of it after day 1 but judging from the thread it was actually a largely miserable GDQ.

It was good. Miserable is inaccurate.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
it got better the further it went on

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It was bad.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

All the races were good as usual & I didn't miss the constant Metroid donations

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

they should have condensed it to a two day races and old 16 bit and earlier 10 minute games and then killed mike uyama

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I only watched a little bit live but the runs I watched were pretty good

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

mysterious loyall X posted:

they should have condensed it to a two day races and old 16 bit and earlier 10 minute games and then killed mike uyama

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

People who watch the VOD of the whole thing and mention it in the donations are the most insane people on earth, to me. Though I would spend about 500 dollars on a Blu Ray box set of every Zeldathon so perhaps I'm the most insane of all.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Wormskull posted:

People who watch the VOD of the whole thing and mention it in the donations are the most insane people on earth, to me. Though I would spend about 500 dollars on a Blu Ray box set of every Zeldathon so perhaps I'm the most insane of all.

lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Wormskull posted:

Watch the vid I linked last night

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the clear winner of gdq was the bloodborne run where the guy with the 3 foot beard yelled that the dogs were memeing on him and twitch chat went apeshit at the discovery of their God

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

goferchan posted:

Watch the vid I linked last night

I did.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

extremebuff posted:

the clear winner of gdq was the bloodborne run where the guy with the 3 foot beard yelled that the dogs were memeing on him and twitch chat went apeshit at the discovery of their God

Bloodborne meme yeller for the win. Beard crew held it down a solid 2 hours, legit.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Bloodborne meme yeller for the win. Beard crew held it down a solid 2 hours, legit.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Really glad to hear that AGDQ got hundreds of thousands of dollars in completely anonymous donations, again, to break their record at the last moment, again. So inspiring. Screw all these lovely naysayer “gamers”!

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

watching botw run now. it's good cuz i haven't watched any of the longer runs of this game before because in the records the runners just stay silent or cuss at everything or do memes with their followers instead of explaining all the poo poo that's happening

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

b_d posted:

watching botw run now. it's good cuz i haven't watched any of the longer runs of this game before because in the records the runners just stay silent or cuss at everything or do memes with their followers instead of explaining all the poo poo that's happening

yeah it was a really good run. any%s are bad too since they just beeline to ganon and grab the good weps in hyrule and anyone can do that

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

the mgs1 run was awful lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

watching a guy glitching through walls and sarcastically saying how well the game is programmed for an hour ftw

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

trying to jack off posted:

watching a guy glitching through walls and sarcastically saying how well the game is programmed for an hour ftw

there was a run like this with hyperlight drifter where the guy kept clipping through walls to skip tons of things and the lead developer was there, they asked him "So did you intend for the walls to not be real like this?" in the most rotten way and the dev didn't reply and just made this face

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Hyper light shitter put this indie p8xel crap in the toilet where it belongs

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
i'm looking through the schedule and mostly just lolling at things like the 27 minute set-up time going from Metroid (NES) to Strider (NES)

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

This

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

trying to jack off posted:

the mgs1 run was awful lol

this + the awful mgs3 run afterward were such a disappointment. i’d rather have no msg runs at all than those runs

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

https://clips.twitch.tv/BenevolentDeafAlfalfaDogFace

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

good news https://www.twitch.tv/heyzeusherestoast

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

First thing I heard was him sucking Uyama's dick.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

the first thing i saw was him accidentally delete his save

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

he said he got about 200 new subscriptions today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

First thing I saw was the glorious beard of our one true godking.

• Locked thread