Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!
Was excited to come across someone speaking English in voice chat. He died chasing a dude in the enemy jungle for some reason, then spent the whole game screaming n-bombs and telling us to uninstall. Not sure what I expected of voice chat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Campbell
Jun 7, 2000
I really wish there was better incentive for guild groups vs rando groups - its too easy for me to click the gimme game button rather than dig deeper for a guild run.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Campbell posted:

I really wish there was better incentive for guild groups vs rando groups - its too easy for me to click the gimme game button rather than dig deeper for a guild run.

Yeah they need better guild goals or maybe individual rewards for teaming up with guild mates. I mean you get more guild points but it doesn’t seem good enough to make a huge difference.

Slash
Apr 7, 2011

MarcusSA posted:

Yeah they need better guild goals or maybe individual rewards for teaming up with guild mates. I mean you get more guild points but it doesn’t seem good enough to make a huge difference.

I think you get a +Gold/+XP bonus for teaming with friends? There's also some sort of friendship level which you can build up with your friends, not sure what the point of it is though.

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!
I think the key to winning games in the initial low ELO / ranks you get thrown in is just disregarding your team, not filling, and just playing a character that can carry the game. As soon as I adopted a "gently caress these guys, I'm playing a hard carry" instead of "Well, I guess we need a tank instead of a second ADC, I'll play that," my win rates started going way up. You basically need to look at AoV as a 9v1 game where four of the nine enemies are people who can't attack you. Playing support/tank in games with teams who are just totally loving clueless is unbelievably frustrating.

FFSabin
Jul 3, 2004

ぐるぐる
Any inactive spots on the goon guild? Already up to level 15 since Monday.

Really enjoying it since is a shorter game time of league.

IGN: FFSabin

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

FFSabin posted:

Any inactive spots on the goon guild? Already up to level 15 since Monday.

Really enjoying it since is a shorter game time of league.

IGN: FFSabin

Yeah give me a second I’ll throw you an invite.

Ok I guess I can’t invite you unless we are friends.

There is a spot for you now though just search for the guild name

MarcusSA fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jan 12, 2018

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

io_burn posted:

I think the key to winning games in the initial low ELO / ranks you get thrown in is just disregarding your team, not filling, and just playing a character that can carry the game. As soon as I adopted a "gently caress these guys, I'm playing a hard carry" instead of "Well, I guess we need a tank instead of a second ADC, I'll play that," my win rates started going way up. You basically need to look at AoV as a 9v1 game where four of the nine enemies are people who can't attack you. Playing support/tank in games with teams who are just totally loving clueless is unbelievably frustrating.

What are you go to carry characters other then violet?

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

So I just kicked mad rear end and got mvp with Veera, then I go to read about her and she is D tier. Is that the magic of this game, or should I be trying to learn a different mage?

Edit: or just know I’ll get my rear end kicked my people who know what they are doing?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Imo if you are good with and enjoy the character stick with it. If you are good enough you’ll kick rear end like 99% of the time.

OMGzKakaniz
Mar 13, 2007

up-and coming pokemon trainer

:love: Justice
Yeah I think it’s similar to most MOBAs where tier lists either don’t matter or only matter in upper tiers. Only have a history with dota 2 so I can’t speak for league.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah if you are gonna be competitive then I guess it would definitely matter but for a dumb cellphone game just play what you enjoy and have fun.

Victorian Gentleman
Nov 24, 2007
You sir clearly have no etiquette
Any spots open on the goon guild? Just hit level 6 name is: Gewn

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Victorian Gentleman posted:

Any spots open on the goon guild? Just hit level 6 name is: Gewn

Yeah give me a second I’ll make you a spot.

Ok there is a spot for you.

Victorian Gentleman
Nov 24, 2007
You sir clearly have no etiquette
Thanks buddy just applied

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!

Snowmankilla posted:

What are you go to carry characters other then violet?

Right now I'm doing really well with Ignis but that's primarily because the enemy team in Gold ranks apparently still don't know how to not stand in poo poo and the stuns that his AoE ability does allows even the dumbest of my team mates to go in and do some damage.

FFSabin
Jul 3, 2004

ぐるぐる
Yorn should be deleted from this game so no one can use this useless hero

Pankratos
Dec 26, 2009

YOU DEFEATED
Anyone have Wonder woman impressions from other territories? I'm interested in making her my first purchase.

Slash
Apr 7, 2011

Pankratos posted:

Anyone have Wonder woman impressions from other territories? I'm interested in making her my first purchase.

She's pretty good. I would not spend gold on any champion though, you need to be spending your gold on T3 Arcana. At 2000g a pop, and no way to convert gems/vouchers into gold they will be your main bottleneck.

(Made it to Gold II last night! Mainly playing Zephys Jungle, and Arthur Top lane)

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Just applied as Z3ta to the guild.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

.Z. posted:

Just applied as Z3ta to the guild.

I got ya.

It’s cool we are getting Wonder Woman for free if you do the quests for her.

greasyhands
Oct 28, 2006

Best quality posts,
freshly delivered
I applied to the guild, apologies in advance- I’m not a moba player but I’m trying to learn.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Looks like Guild is full or it won't let me apply is there a runoff?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Give me one second we have a few in active people I’ll boot them.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

socialsecurity posted:

Looks like Guild is full or it won't let me apply is there a runoff?

It should let you apply if you are at least level 6. What’s your in game name? Greasy hands is in.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

MarcusSA posted:

It should let you apply if you are at least level 6. What’s your in game name? Greasy hands is in.

No idea what was happening before applied as DietDrPibb

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

socialsecurity posted:

No idea what was happening before applied as DietDrPibb

Ok I’ll get you in now

Slash
Apr 7, 2011

1 star away from Platinum with 5 days left in the season. Is there a cheatcode I can type in to get non-braindead team mates?

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.

FFSabin posted:

Yorn should be deleted from this game so no one can use this useless hero

Yorn is my main dude. How can you be so wrong on the internet :)

00Fresh
Sep 4, 2004

Having a good time with this one. Applied to guild as 00fresh.

Kofi Annan
Jan 30, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
TeeMee trip report: Best hero ever #1 would fart again. Easily carried me to plat. Really makes me want to shell out for a full set of cool down arcana.

Aleister is awful and I hate him forever.

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard
StolenGoonValor plays on US Servers, right? Any AoV EU Goons out there ?

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

Mr.PayDay posted:

StolenGoonValor plays on US Servers, right? Any AoV EU Goons out there ?

Why in the hell does my hero keep moving in a direction that I'm not using the virtual dpad to move it in? I'm not being targeted or drawn by another hero power, the loving thing just keeps running in the wrong direction.

I may quit anyway, the reporting system is hosed. In the last 2 days I was reported enough times that my cred went from 100 to 94. I did not play yesterday. I had played 2 casual games today (one of which I was MVP and one I was in the top 2). The game is not fun enough for this kind of fuckery.

Slash
Apr 7, 2011

porktree posted:

Why in the hell does my hero keep moving in a direction that I'm not using the virtual dpad to move it in? I'm not being targeted or drawn by another hero power, the loving thing just keeps running in the wrong direction.

I may quit anyway, the reporting system is hosed. In the last 2 days I was reported enough times that my cred went from 100 to 94. I did not play yesterday. I had played 2 casual games today (one of which I was MVP and one I was in the top 2). The game is not fun enough for this kind of fuckery.

I've got several hundred games played and the only hit on my cred is when i disconnect during a match. It only takes me one or two games to get back to 100. What are you doing to get reported(and subsequently penalised, afaik it's not automatic) so much?

The moving you're talking about is probably due to targetting, if you press attack and you're out of range, it'll move you in range. You can fiddle with the targeting options to tune them to your liking.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

Slash posted:

I've got several hundred games played and the only hit on my cred is when i disconnect during a match. It only takes me one or two games to get back to 100. What are you doing to get reported(and subsequently penalised, afaik it's not automatic) so much?

The moving you're talking about is probably due to targetting, if you press attack and you're out of range, it'll move you in range. You can fiddle with the targeting options to tune them to your liking.

No idea. Never had an issue before, and I have a lot of games under my belt - level 21. I was using Butterfly to jungle in one game and Yorn in the middle on the other. Annoying at best.

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004

Filthy ragequitter in our team, and we won still.
I like how the system even pushes you to report a player.
AoV is my first MOBA, and like you guys said either you steamroll the opponent or you get wrecked. The Joker is fun in trash casual ranks, I am still learning the ropes after like a dozen games. I am comfortable with the Tablet UI, and 1-3 games 3v3 or 5v5 from the couch are chill and fun.

Question: I did not start ranked play. I could play 3v3 ranked but not 5vs5, the option „find a match“ can’t be used.
Is this only for premade groups?

Slash
Apr 7, 2011

Mr.PayDay posted:

Filthy ragequitter in our team, and we won still.
I like how the system even pushes you to report a player.
AoV is my first MOBA, and like you guys said either you steamroll the opponent or you get wrecked. The Joker is fun in trash casual ranks, I am still learning the ropes after like a dozen games. I am comfortable with the Tablet UI, and 1-3 games 3v3 or 5v5 from the couch are chill and fun.

Question: I did not start ranked play. I could play 3v3 ranked but not 5vs5, the option „find a match“ can’t be used.
Is this only for premade groups?

You need to get to a certain level before 5v5 ranked is unlocked for you.

ohjoshdarnit
Nov 2, 2005
Adventurer
I applied for the guild, name is Leeshade. Please approve.

This game is fun so far. I like that the matches aren't long and at least in low levels, I've been dominating.

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
Yeah I was bulldozing everyone with random chars then after I got ranked Bronze 3 I started to get more even matches now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004

Casual PVP = You can still win after being behind all game and carry your 4 mates that sponsored the enemies 37 deaths. I fought the enemy base after finishing 2 heavy hurt foes and while 7 other dudes where zerging in the midfield

• Locked thread