Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slash
Apr 7, 2011

Roshambo posted:

It's worse than you can imagine. My one experience with it was someone yelling in garbled Spanish. I couldn't decipher what they were saying, but I'm pretty sure they were insulting my play style. We lost, I got MVP, so I'm pretty sure it was a Brazilian.

I would love a discord if the game gets popular enough among goons.

Also, I unlocked Zill because I wanted to test the Tier List in the OP. His High damage self invuln Ultimate, and the ability to teleport a good distance on a super short cooldown make him pretty insane. Went 18-1-10 on him in the first ranked match I played with him albeit bronze league. Second ranked match was 8-2-14. His ult is a free kill on a single target, or just shits damage on the whole team in a real fight without any penalty because you can just kind of teleport in, and if it doesn't kill everyone, teleport out.

I prefer Zephys over Zill. Insane mobility, short cooldowns and high damage. Jump in, explode someone, get out, repeat...

He's great at ganking from the Jungle as well. I go: red buff, small camp, blue buff, two small camps on blue side, that'll get level 4 and your ultimate before everyone else, then gank a lane, hopefully get a kill and then kill the mini-dragon with your top laner. (started playing just over a 2 weeks ago and currently up to gold 4).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slash
Apr 7, 2011

MarcusSA posted:

Yeah they need better guild goals or maybe individual rewards for teaming up with guild mates. I mean you get more guild points but it doesn’t seem good enough to make a huge difference.

I think you get a +Gold/+XP bonus for teaming with friends? There's also some sort of friendship level which you can build up with your friends, not sure what the point of it is though.

Slash
Apr 7, 2011

Pankratos posted:

Anyone have Wonder woman impressions from other territories? I'm interested in making her my first purchase.

She's pretty good. I would not spend gold on any champion though, you need to be spending your gold on T3 Arcana. At 2000g a pop, and no way to convert gems/vouchers into gold they will be your main bottleneck.

(Made it to Gold II last night! Mainly playing Zephys Jungle, and Arthur Top lane)

Slash
Apr 7, 2011

1 star away from Platinum with 5 days left in the season. Is there a cheatcode I can type in to get non-braindead team mates?

Slash
Apr 7, 2011

porktree posted:

Why in the hell does my hero keep moving in a direction that I'm not using the virtual dpad to move it in? I'm not being targeted or drawn by another hero power, the loving thing just keeps running in the wrong direction.

I may quit anyway, the reporting system is hosed. In the last 2 days I was reported enough times that my cred went from 100 to 94. I did not play yesterday. I had played 2 casual games today (one of which I was MVP and one I was in the top 2). The game is not fun enough for this kind of fuckery.

I've got several hundred games played and the only hit on my cred is when i disconnect during a match. It only takes me one or two games to get back to 100. What are you doing to get reported(and subsequently penalised, afaik it's not automatic) so much?

The moving you're talking about is probably due to targetting, if you press attack and you're out of range, it'll move you in range. You can fiddle with the targeting options to tune them to your liking.

Slash
Apr 7, 2011

Mr.PayDay posted:

Filthy ragequitter in our team, and we won still.
I like how the system even pushes you to report a player.
AoV is my first MOBA, and like you guys said either you steamroll the opponent or you get wrecked. The Joker is fun in trash casual ranks, I am still learning the ropes after like a dozen games. I am comfortable with the Tablet UI, and 1-3 games 3v3 or 5v5 from the couch are chill and fun.

Question: I did not start ranked play. I could play 3v3 ranked but not 5vs5, the option „find a match“ can’t be used.
Is this only for premade groups?

You need to get to a certain level before 5v5 ranked is unlocked for you.

Slash
Apr 7, 2011

Virigoth posted:

Are you still in Silver? I am and it seems pretty toxic. I've been focusing on Violet, Zephys, and Krixi for some variation when needed. Trying to figure out who to buy next. I'm thinking maybe Kriknak or Lauriel.

Butterfly is pretty good for stomping noobs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slash
Apr 7, 2011

Arthur is really good as well, and pretty simple to play. Tons of damage and CC with his ult and super tanky.

I rode Zephys and Arthur to Platinum last season.

• Locked thread