Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
are you glad that anime strike is gone?
yeah
heck yeah
don't care, i just used torrents for their exclusives
it is a tragedy because i was dumb enough to pay for it
View Results

• Locked thread
an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

VostokProgram posted:

jeff bezos can get hosed!!!

he is incredibly evil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

My gut tells me that the reason anime strike is dead is because amazon is gonna buy crunchyroll's parent company, and that all this nonsense was to put pressure on them to sell. We're all gonna be watching anime on amazon soon.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Wark Say posted:

I'm OK with Anime Strike going the way of the dodo, but I feel that, flawed as Strike was, it created a sense of competition.

The overall effect of Amazon entering the space actually created a lot less competition. I don't think we would have seen the Funimation / Crunchroll partnership happen without the Amazon threat, and the past year has seen a lot of smaller players drop out.

Amazon does this in every industry they enter and it sucks rear end.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Here's a good take on Anime Strike. Amazon Studios isn't doing well and they're clearing house, this is likely a part of that.

• Locked thread