Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Saiorse Ronan is adorable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

DC Murderverse posted:

i've said this before but Chris Hemsworth should not be allowed to be that funny, talented and handsome.
Like say what you want about Ghostbusters but that movie had a murder's row of talent and he still stole it from them

Vakal
May 11, 2008

The Berzerker posted:

Lady Bird was fine.

It's always weird when the main actress speaks in her natural voice and it sounds like someone just fished her out of the deepest moor in Scotland.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Vakal posted:

It's always weird when the main actress speaks in her natural voice and it sounds like someone just fished her out of the deepest moor in Scotland.

ireland, jeez you racist

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

please don't hyperventilate Greta

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Get Out is not a musical or comedy

Get Out was better than Lady Bird btw.

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit

The Berzerker posted:

I agree, but I also think Lady Bird is great so I'm cool with it winning.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

The Berzerker posted:

agreed.

marioinblack posted:

I agree, but I also think Lady Bird is great so I'm cool with it winning.

agreed. all of the movies nominated for that aside from Greatest Showman were deserving IMO

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
What do you think paid the higher bribes for tonight, Greatest Showman or Will & Grace?

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

CapnAndy posted:

What do you think paid the higher bribes for tonight, Greatest Showman or Will & Grace?

well which one walked away with a trophy?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

DC Murderverse posted:

well which one walked away with a trophy?
Neither that's why I'm asking!

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

CapnAndy posted:

Neither that's why I'm asking!

Greatest Showman won best song

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

DC Murderverse posted:

Greatest Showman won best song
Oh yeah

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Weird as hell hearing Gary Oldman's normal voice.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
I honestly had no idea he was british until right now

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

i like gary oldman but i think he's kinda overrated as an actor honestly

Vakal
May 11, 2008
He's fine, he's just not really picky about what he is in, but not in a fun way like Patrick Stewart is.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Vakal posted:

He's fine, he's just not really picky about what he is in, but not in a fun way like Patrick Stewart is.

nah, it's even in his best stuff where I don't think he's a stand-out. i judge actors based on their best rather than their breadth, because of cases like that but still he's not some transcendent DDL type.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Remember when Angelina Jolie looked like a human being?

Vakal
May 11, 2008

DC Murderverse posted:

nah, it's even in his best stuff where I don't think he's a stand-out. i judge actors based on their best rather than their breadth, because of cases like that but still he's not some transcendent DDL type.

His best in the this case being a talking peacock.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Frances McDormand is awesome.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
Winston Churchill loving sucks and making a movie that isn't about how he a racist war criminal is disgusting.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

it's hard liking actors and stuff because a lot of them have done bad stuff. like I appreciate Gary Oldman's ability to morph into different roles and sometimes be unrecognizable but didn't he also hit his wife with a phone or whatever once. anyway. Frances McDormand is cool right

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Very muted applause from a room who knows drat well that most of their upcoming checks are gonna be from Amazon, Hulu, and Netflix

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

DC Murderverse posted:

Frances McDormand is awesome.

I hope there's transcripts, the bleeps really pissed me off.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

The Berzerker posted:

it's hard liking actors and stuff because a lot of them have done bad stuff. like I appreciate Gary Oldman's ability to morph into different roles and sometimes be unrecognizable but didn't he also hit his wife with a phone or whatever once. anyway. Frances McDormand is cool right

nah, but

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

oh, awesome.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Shoulda let Tommy Wiseau talk

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm

DC Murderverse posted:

ireland, jeez you racist

Ireland, The Bronx, USA.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

McSpanky posted:

Remember when Angelina Jolie looked like a human being?

wtf she looks fine

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Yeah Oldman's stance of everyone says what Gibson says and we're just being critical was way more honest than any apology. "He got drunk and said a few things, but we’ve all said those things. We’re all f-----g hypocrites. That’s what I think about it. The policeman who arrested him has never used the word n----- or that f-----g Jew? I’m being brutally honest here. It’s the hypocrisy of it that drives me crazy."

That idea that everyone thinks lovely things and other people just pretend otherwise is such a rear end in a top hat attitude that requires no self reflection.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

That's just old man saying old man things gosh

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

I made my $20 donation for that lame woody Allen joke that Seth made and thought that was the ending it but lo a hero came along to make poo poo really uncomfortable for Greta Gerwig:

https://twitter.com/variety/status/950403232936833025

So I have now donated $40 to Time’s Up Legal Defense Fund.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

SAG Awards are on now

Kristin Bell Status: Awesome

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Me too

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

no awards for creepy people, sorry Aziz

(though i think James Franco is still in there)

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Hmm how come Aziz isn’t there

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Yay Julia! I hope you recover soon!

edit: yay Veep! These guys are all great. Such good chemistry, even when accepting awards.

DC Murderverse fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Jan 22, 2018

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

I've literally never heard of Mudbound

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

man he's really really british

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted: