Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

I saw Three Billboards last night and yup Sam Rockwell is fantastic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

I saw Three Billboards last night and yup Sam Rockwell is fantastic

honestly I thought Woody was better. His letter to his wife made me tear up.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Morgan Freeman really is a national treasure.

edit: that bit with Olivia Munn and Niecy Nash was cute

DC Murderverse fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Jan 22, 2018

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

lol you couldn't pay me to watch that winston churchill movie

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Grammys time bitches!

I'm super pissed I missed Kendrick already, but Gaga is a great way to make up for it.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

In past 3 days saw Phantom Thread, Three Bilboards and Shape of Water. There is no way I can pick a number one out of all oscar best picture noms.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Tony Bennet is old as a mother fucker

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

In past 3 days saw Phantom Thread, Three Bilboards and Shape of Water. There is no way I can pick a number one out of all oscar best picture noms.

It's Shape of Water but it totally is a hard decision

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Loyalty!

Kendrick will sweep tonight

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

https://twitter.com/bso/status/957777405900349440

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

someone should kidnap james corden right now

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Have I already missed Childish Gambino? Would you give a shout when he's about to start?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Have I already missed Childish Gambino? Would you give a shout when he's about to start?

nope

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

DC Murderverse posted:

Grammys time bitches!

I'm super pissed I missed Kendrick already, but Gaga is a great way to make up for it.

https://twitter.com/THR/status/957778333021888512?s=17

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

so far it's just been Kendrick, Gaga and Sam Smith. I think Gambino is coming up later. It's gonna be dope, but not nearly as dope as the Comic-Con show I saw him do before Camp dropped

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

i should note that it has been like, over two years since the first time I heard Here so I both love Alessia cara and don't want her to win because jesus keep up Grammys

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

sza should win

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Alessia, you're beautiful and magical but after that you're never winning another Grammy again

they will find you

edit: Gaffigan looking very PSH-ish

edit2: this is so obviously a Taylor Swift song. She's a great songwriter, but definitely not one with a lot of range

DC Murderverse fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Jan 29, 2018

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

yelling gently caress ED SHEERAN at my TV as loud as i can

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

there was really an rear end shortage in this year's awards season, and Luis Fonsi and Daddy Yankee are here to fill that hole

(pun absolutely intended)

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

DONG LOVER ALERT

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Pink's ability to continually reinvent herself is remarkable. She's consistently sold and charted through 17 years of pop music which is not something a lot of people can say. Even people like Britney or Mariah don't have quite that staying power.

Vortex Street
Oct 23, 2010

I walked right out of the machinery

DC Murderverse posted:

Pink's ability to continually reinvent herself is remarkable. She's consistently sold and charted through 17 years of pop music which is not something a lot of people can say. Even people like Britney or Mariah don't have quite that staying power.

I don't own that much of her music but love her live performances. She just kills it every time.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

who the gently caress let Shaggy back into the industry?

Vortex Street posted:

I don't own that much of her music but love her live performances. She just kills it every time.

I agree, she always seems very sincere, and has some great pipes too. She's doing the National Anthem at the Super Bowl next week, she'll be very good.

edit: these people have the proper reaction to James Corden

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Speaking of people who always do awesome on award shows: Bruno Mars!

This song is magical.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
Now is your chance, Tyler.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

i wasn't even a huge fan of Bodak Yellow but Cardi has enough charisma for like, 20 people

edit: ah yes, the "well if Chapelle is gonna be here might as well put him on stage" award

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

DC Murderverse posted:

DONG LOVER ALERT

Dammit, I was cooking and missed him!

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Dammit, I was cooking and missed him!

did you get back in time to see Sting and Shaggy? Boy howdy it's been too long since Shaggy was culturally relevant

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

DC Murderverse posted:

so far it's just been Kendrick, Gaga and Sam Smith. I think Gambino is coming up later. It's gonna be dope, but not nearly as dope as the Comic-Con show I saw him do before Camp dropped

At least I saw him do stand-up in his secret identity of Dong Lover once (the same day I saw Hannibal Buress and Aziz Ansari).

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

DJ Khaled is an inspiration to untalented fat guys with lots of talented friends everywhere

edit: i don't recognize any of these country albums, but I also realize that there are people watching who feel the same way about the rap albums so eh

DC Murderverse fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Jan 29, 2018

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

BUT GOD FORBID WE TALK ABOUT MAYBE RESTRICTING ACCESS TO GUNS AM I RIGHT?

edit: ugh this loving song

edit: jesus gently caress this dude's voice is too country

DC Murderverse fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Jan 29, 2018

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

hell yeah janelle monae

edit: super mega hell yeah Kesha

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry

DC Murderverse posted:

DJ Khaled is an inspiration to untalented fat guys with lots of talented friends everywhere

edit: i don't recognize any of these country albums, but I also realize that there are people watching who feel the same way about the rap albums so eh

I generally only listen to rap these days but Chris Stapleton is amazing and everything he has done is fantastic.

I'm hoping JT brings him out to the superbowl next week.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

holy poo poo

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
Elton's looking rough. Hope he can pull off his three year farewell.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

InsensitiveSeaBass posted:

Elton's looking rough. Hope he can pull off his three year farewell.

my parents/sister saw him in concert a couple years ago and they said he was still able to pull off a nice show. Him announcing that a few days after Neil Diamond announcing his retirement was a huge bummer.

edit: I saw Patty LuPone on Broadway last year and she still rocks it.

DC Murderverse fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Jan 29, 2018

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

the recording industry loves many things, but none more than the second coming of Michael Jackson, Bruno Mars.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

I was waiting for Chester and wondering why he wasn't popping up and then they lingered on his picture and started up this song and oh gently caress tears again

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
Is Bruno Mars really loving popular with some group of people or something? I don't think I have ever met a person that listens to him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Winkie01 posted:

Is Bruno Mars really loving popular with some group of people or something? I don't think I have ever met a person that listens to him.

people nostalgic for music made in the 70s, 80s and 90s. he's really good at capturing the sound of a specific era

like, there are a lot of people my parents age that love Bruno Mars for that reason. Songs like Treasure and Uptown Funk are very retro and sound like they're from a time gone by. They're also killer songs. He makes singles for people to dance to.

• Locked thread