Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

The Golden Globes are on tonight! As usual they will be questionably awarded to whoever the HFPA wanted to give a hand job to this year, but in a change of pace, there will hopefully be some people talking about how bad serial abusers are! Hosted by Seth Meyers because if they gave the mic to Ricky Gervais he'd probably make a million jokes that are too uncomfortable for rich assholes who run things.

Everyone is wearing black today to support Time's Up! which is an organization started to fight against sexual harassment and abuse in all careers and workplaces, not just Hollywood. It's pretty cool and maybe later I'll put a link in the OP for people to donate.

Post about fashion and speeches and who did or did not deserve to win, but remember, these people nominated The Tourist for a bunch of awards and it sucked poo poo, so nothing actually matters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Here's a link to donate to the Time's Up Legal Defense Fund. It's a little funny that it's just a GoFundMe but I'm ignoring that because it's a good cause.

Also, I'm TOXXing myself here: I will donate $20 to Time's Up for every star who has been in a Woody Allen movie who is asked about Woody Allen on the red carpet, as well as every Woody Allen joke made during the ceremony. I'll donate $20 if, like I expect to happen, everyone clams up. Join me!

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

every time JT shows up on the tv i yell "ask him about wonder wheel"

but they won't because red carpet interviewers have less of a spine than your average jellyfish

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

reminder: golden globes are so early in the year because the Oscars moved their nomination announcement back to before the Globes and it made them completely irrelevant

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

million percent certain the "hollywood foreign press is three words trump hates" joke was made last year

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

one woody allen joke: $20 to Time's Up.

it was a kinda lame joke but still

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

that's some terrible delivery for a great actress, Chastain

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

I hope Amy Poehler just takes over as host from here

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

did she mention reese at all?

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

keith urban gets his hair styled by the person who did Jennifer Aniston's hair during Friends.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Woody Harrelson is awesome in 3 Billboards and I think he did better than Rockwell, although all of the actors in that movie were awesome.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Le Saboteur posted:

Is there a reason why she left out Reese Witherspoon, that was odd.

i think i've heard rumors that the two were at odds with each other a lot during production of Big Little Lies. which makes this:

https://twitter.com/samuelaadams/status/950174889222311937

the most impressive bit of acting I've seen out of Reese in a few years

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Problematic Pigeon posted:

Yeah, she was the second person she thanked, after her kids.

oh, never mind then

somewhat relatedly i heard a hilarious rumor that the reason Jake Gyllenhaal wasn't nominated for awards for Stronger this year was because Mark Wahlberg was pissed that he missed out on the part/pissed that no one thought his performance in his Boston Marathon Bombing movie was any good and he went on a one man campaign to gently caress up Gyllenhaal's awards chances (which Gyllenhaal doesn't really care about anyways, so he didn't bother fighting back)

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

TALK ABOUT HOW RACIST HE WAS, ZAC

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

just googled it

HOLY poo poo

here's a great article about the whitewashing going on there

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

i thought Adlon was gonna get is as sort of an apology for her best friend being incapable of not taking his dick out in front of people

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Reminder that Elizabeth Moss is the member of a cult that actively covers up accusations of rape against it's members

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

KoRMaK posted:

Same.

I had no idea gylenhall was in a Boston bombing movie this year.

it's supposed to be really good, I love Jake Gyllenhaal. It's sitting on my dvd player racking up redbox charges as we speak

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

KoRMaK posted:

Why ain't this lady wearing black??

because she got a dopeass dress.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

roseanne is back from hollywood exile

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Mister Mind posted:

Kind of worried about the new Roseanne series at the moment.

people i trust about these sorts of things have seen the first couple of episodes and liked it. everyone on that show is so loving talented, Roseanne included that they'd have to actively work to gently caress it up.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Can't wait for Alienist

it's gonna be the sequel to Aliens that everyone has been waiting for all this time.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Pasek and Paul are half-way to EGOTing and nominated for two grammies this year. Two years ago at this time they were basically nobodies. that's a pretty cool story.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Emma Stone you are lovely and beautiful but you should really come out and say "hey i was in some woody allen movies and he's bullshit" thank you

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Timby posted:

Too bad their attention is coming from a dogshit feel-good movie about one of the worst human beings in the history of entertainment.

i mean, most of their attention came from La La Land and Dear Evan Hanson, this was just like icing on the cake

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

nerdman42 posted:

I didn't know how desperately I wanted Tommy to give a speech to a crowd of actual filmmakers but now I need it more than anything

wait for the Oscars, that one will be the real victory.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

why isn't Laura Dern nominated for Twin Peaks?

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

I'm super pumped to see I, Tonya

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

lol the HFPA realized that "hey lets give some random actor/actress' kid a job" was kinda tacky so now they're just spiffing it up a little bit.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

lol kirk douglas is so old that they gave him the old person's award 50 years ago

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

if i ever get that old i want someone to put a pillow over me and end it

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

fun fact: Michael Douglas once said that the reason he got throat cancer was eating pussy

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

woof

https://twitter.com/entylawyer/status/950195192925073408

(this guy is a noted hollywood gossip guy so this is probably at least partly true, and also unsurprising)

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

I'm very surprised that First They Killed My Father didn't win, normally an opportunity to starfuck doesn't come along in the foreign film category.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Dunkirk is super good, and I really don't like war movies.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

aaahhhhhh Darren Criss!

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

I just learned that In The Fade is about German Neo-Nazis killing a lady's family so it makes a lot more sense as to why it won.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

i know it's supposed to be good but i can never not see that as Glee meets How I Met Your Mother

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

wait are those really the five best comedies airing right now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

aw, aziz is emotional!

• Locked thread