Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Hmm, good to know. I suppose I'll stick to trying one of the older games I already own again if Elite: Dangerous ever stops scratching the space itch any time soon.

edit: aaayyyyy new page finally!

ShootaBoy fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Dec 3, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Well drat now I'm obligated to make an update :v:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Preorder cancelled

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Leal posted:

Preorder cancelled

Really? I played the beta and there are WAY better reasons to cancel the preorder, than some old busted-rear end youtuber partnering with em.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Ugh, I wish that racist piece of poo poo would just go away.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
The Show Must Go On

If this game was made 6-7 years later the news would say "mobile gambling is on the rise"

Cause lootboxes :rimshot:

Gotta dress up for our media empire. This would be the man who hosts a tv show that makes you a singer, despite being a womanizer and having trouble checking his language there is just *something* about him that makes him charming.

Welcome back to Tier-pffffttt whats difficulty? A fish oyster farm, solar power plant and a market place from the word go?

It occurs to me that Pynch is our Knuckles, someone who keeps attacking us then ends up helping us. And is very easy to deceive.

Up the only area that has good soil, I make a little farm community. Wanted to change things up a bit, try and spread the city out across the entire island.

Back in the main city, I star building some modern apartments and throw up an iron mine. I was gonna build a weapons factory but... yeah I didn't need it.

:sigh:

My beautiful city, it is covered in soot and ash now.

Of course the entire island is covered in the volcano danger zone. Minus the tip of the greenlands.

And so much for that little farming community. Sucks to be a farmer in Tropico.

I finally get the high school up and look at all them shacks. Remember kids, get that GED or else!

I get rid of the bunkhouses because clearly that volcano was a sign. I'm sure the farmers would enjoy double the housing quality. And yes, that house on the far right is on fire. Whats really funny is that was the last house built, and it caught fire right after construction. Clearly the area is cursed.

And at this point, missions are starting right when the metro is discovered, which is why I'm spreading the city out.

I'm making some drat solid money and need jobs, so I get ready to put in some tourism. After all, we need people flying in to try out our upcoming reality show (spoilers). I was gonna skip the dock, sadly you need one for the luxury cruiser.

To get all 10 teachers I build 2 extra grade schools, 6 from the high school and 2 from each grade school will make 10. Remember grade schools?

Hell, do you remember grade school :v:

But god drat is it taking forever for our citizens to get educated so lets throw money at the issue.

But kangaroos don't lay eggs :confused:

Meet the foundation of the entertainment district. I'm gonna use the Tele HQ's 20% revenue buff and see how it works out.

Oh man I know the perfect design of a phone *insert picture of a dick*

To handle some housing problems (get married you losers and get joint income!) I make a ghetto with tenements, this is where I'll throw down industry as well.

Business centers will help with unemployment so why not. I'm already making headway in writing the employee manual: Ask them if they tried turning it off and turning it on.

Hmm, there was a volcano recently so that seismic activity thing sounds legit. And for 10k for land it's a bargain! I am the savviest of business men.

Building in the entertainment area. Got the fish farm set to shrimp to buff both restaurants, got metros on each side of the circle for maximum coverage.

Scammed again :saddowns:

Is it worse that I got scammed by a letter from supposedly myself selling land around my own country, or from the clone of a dead guy?

For 300 pesos a month, Internet Police scours the web and ensures you never say anything negative about the things I like. Also it gives you warning of rebel attacks and decreases liberty, and requires a Telecom HQ.

Oh no, oh nooooo. They posted the pictures of me dancing the Harlem Shake at the New Years party!

The one where you wear the pink body suit.

For 250 pesos a month, Ban Social Networks increases productivity by 5% since people will stop sitting around all day watching cat videos. Truly a despotic action. Hilariously, in the very first update you may have noticed some icons below people's faces on these menus.

This particular one, cause for some reason even though I disabled it, it still showed up. Anyways using this edict will disable the twitter and facebook integration, if you didn't disable it in the menu.

Sunny Flowers: Why can't I access my Facebook page, Penultimo?

Penultimo: The latest edict by El Presidente made all facebooking, youtubing and tweeting on the island illegal. Particularly tweeting - all birds are to be arrested on sight.

Sunny Flowers: Never mind the birds! How am I supposed to check my level 40 farm?!

Man its weird when they reference real life, current stuff like that.

Main city hub, god the upgraded palace looks ugly at any distance. Why is its LOD so jacked up?

I was gonna make a comment about how see, disabling social media has allowed Sunny to make her designer phone but... now I don't think that was a good idea. ring ring ring, banana phone

Throwing down our first industry this map, got a dock nearby for quick and painless deliveries. Ding dong ding dong ding dong ding donana phone

drat Tropican law. I outlawed SOCIAL media, like youtube and twitter. But not INTERACTIVE media, which is video games. Which sap can we use to make a quick game? Ping pong ping pong ping pong ping panana phone

Hrm, would this man come from Britain? Would he be a lord of Britain? If I build him a castle, may I call him Lord British? I'll place a call around the world, operator get me Bejing-jing-jing-jing

Pft, what is this? We're a wealthy island, we can just keep this case in limbo indefinitely until she is incapable of paying the court fees. Get lost old lady. Yin yang yin yang yin yang ying yonana phone

Meet the start of what will be salvation bend. Guess why I'm naming it that :v: My cellular, bananular phone!

Babel tower is available and I go ahead and build it.

Stop being being unemployed and homeless 50 uneducated jobs just opened up :argh:

DAMMIT RICHARD GARRIOTT I BUILT YOU A CASTLE

Right next to my palace, just so you can be reminded who is really the lord of these lands.

I know where the 2 zoos are gonna be going. I plant down a bunch of trees and put some fountains to make it more beautiful. Ding-a-ling-ling-ling-ling-ling-ling-ling

Finally, it is here. The Tropico factor. For some reason youtube has been advertising a bunch of X Factor videos to me (also Hell's Kitchen), and the timing is kinda funny.

Wow Penultimo you are WAY off.

Hurry up and succumb to The Old already, ya hag.

Alright, here it is. We held a vote, and Mrs. Pineapple has won! I know what you're really about, goons.

Pineapple is a good choice though if you have a good amount of office workers, Sunny if you don't have a lot. Sadly this is a one time payout, I swore it was a continuous payout. Ah well.

And the thread voted dancing! Dancing Mrs Pineapple, why don't I just point you horn dogs to my Neptunia LP

Its gotta be weird to have a church next to another church. Not even a small church but this grand gigantic building. And it of course is immediately filled as soon as its finished building.

Oh c'mon, what could've gone wrong with Pineapple giving a dance on the Tropican Factor?

Oh, oh god. Turn it off, please!

Well it seems our x rated factor show worked out in the end. If a big bosomed woman won the show, I don't know why everyone hated Pineapple's dance number.

Expanding the tourism area. Don't think its a good idea to put such a tall building right next to the airport but meh.

Not using this for anything else so hey, perfect!

A proper space program? We can finally step up from having Penultimo climb the tallest tree and reach for space!

drat, we shoulda given Pineapple singing lessons! Then we wouldn't need to pay someone 50k to sing badly!

Also Trol-lala? seriously?

Certainly moving up our space program from strapping ourselves to a nuclear missile and launching it into orbit :v:

Look at that entertainment district fill in, its beautiful :allears:

I've come to realize I rarely ever build a weather station anymore. Maybe its because citizens dying is the least of my worries when a disaster strikes and the stations don't do anything to protect buildings.

hosed up but true!

Man this is bullshit why are even held by the American law system we aren't even American citizens why couldn't I be sued in a state that makes the loser pay the court fees robble robble

Added a corn farm and, hey whats with that road mysteriously vanishing into the very small forest?

While you think on that, time for a new industry. Man this update is TIMELY given some irl issues I'm facing right now.

Gasp, a proper space shuttle! Finally, we can escape to the one place that hasn't been corrupted by Capitalism!

Located just past the forest is a secret Tropican space base with an army base on stand by to keep away any and all undesirable elements. Finally it will happen.

I should redo X3 and finish it this time. One day...

Anyways, Space Program. Discovered in 1990 costing 80k and requiring 50 MW of power, this building sets off a chain of missions. You can pick 1 of 2, its random which ones you can choose.

Our draw is finding intelligent life or making a super soldier. Well I DID LP MGSV which was all about a super soldier, so lets go with what works (if video game waifus is an option I'll go with that next time)

While we wait for that mission to advance, meet our final industry building, the Car Factory! It is discovered in 1987, costs 18k and requires a 5k blueprint, and requires 10 MW of power. This building makes cars with Bauxite and Iron, giving another option to refine bauxite next to the electronics factory. It also looks kinda like a car :v: There are 2 upgrades, though they're more like specialties that you cannot change:

Sports Line costs 12k and uses another 5 MW of power, the factory produces sports cars that are 50% faster to produce, but require 25% more materials.

Hybrid Line costs 20k and uses 20 MW of power, producing hybrids that use 15% less materials.

Penultimo: Buy an original Tropico car to support our growing economy!

Sunny Flowers: What do you say about the complaints that Tropican cars have no brakes?

Penultimo: Relax - there's no throttle pedal either!

I bet there is no loving CATALYTIC CONVERTER :argh: :argh: :argh:

Depending on the upgrade the factory gets a neat little pole with the line you chose. I managed to get the car I've wanted in high school, '04 Mustang GT. It was great for a year and a half, but now its time for smog and it can't pass cause the dumbass who owned it before me decided to cut out the catalytic converters, now I have to ride a bike to work at 3 am in a ghetto :shepface:

And this is the apt metaphor of what happens when you buy American. If only I could easily throw down the money for repairs irl like I can do in game.

Continuing the space mission, of course our friend Rodriguez is in charge of making the perfect soldier. Each mission does have a rather large investment, like having the cap of tv stations or 20 professors.

Organic ranches is a pretty good deal though, I mean they at least produce food and exports.

Was I just loving meme'd at?

Thread contest make an animated nyan llama and I'll buy you an avatar of your choice, no joke.

At some point I needed to put up a second solar plant to power everything, you can see it in the back left, this is now our third one to get the power we needed. Have fun in space Penultimo!

UGH. Good thing we banned social media on the island.

Also clever reference.

We can accept half a mil to fund our island, or take 20% of that straight into the swiss account....

Not that hard of a choice isn't it (I picked the Swiss)

Speaking of our island, how do we have 0 unemployment, over ONE HUNDRED open housing spots, and yet 23 people are still homeless?!

I dunno have some tenements and I'll drop the rent to nothing.

Hell yeah, Presidente statue right in the entertainment district.

MOVE INTO THE APARTMENTS DAMMIT I DROPPED THE RENT, MINIMUM WAGE IS 9 BUCKS.

No, no please. No more Trolololo. No more memes. This is approaching Neptunia levels.

Final shot of the farm area with the ~*~ mysterious~*~ trail in the forest leading to the hidden space station.

The tourist district. Could've expanded it some more but :effort:

Now the entertainment district. Got a flavor of basically everything. And man. I take back what I said about the ship restaurant, that thing generated nearly 160k in profits. I mean sure the CD factory generated slightly less despite being built later, but that aint shabby. It blew the gourmet restaurant out of the water.

Industry with the ghetto. I'm sure the idiots who insist on living there instead of moving to apartments are loving the smell of the factories and the noise of the borehole mines.

Shot A of the main hub, with our glorious N64-esque palace.

Shot B of the city, with redemption bend working on its 4th cathedral. Whats the religion satisfaction at?

Wait why is entertainment so low when I have all those high quality entertainment buildings up :psyduck:

The trolololo song for 10 hours, but every 3rd "lo" is "We Are Number One" but every time they say "One" it is the Nutshack Theme but every time they say "Nut" its the reading of the Bee Movie script.

Do it internet, I loving dare ya.

Victory! I hope you were all pained by the memes as I was.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Oof, those were some vintage memes in there. Even around the time this would have been made, I think.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Leal posted:

Victory! I hope you were all pained by the memes as I was.
Oh yes. Even when I played just after it got released they were dated and dumb.

Singing, right. Oops. :v:

Unoriginal One
Aug 5, 2008
Seniors and students don't have income, so you need either social security or free housing up and running for those; though there always does seem to be a few folks who won't gett he message until you go and manually bulldoze their shacks. Repeatedly.

On a related note, prepare to be somewhat frustrated if you take the tip given to you in the last mission. You'll know it when you see it.

Also your entertainment happiness was low likely for the same reason your job satisfaction rating was low, you skinflint. That or you had too many butts and not enough seats, in which case dropping a bunch movie theaters or other cheap entertainment venue with lots of seats will fix that right up.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

ShootaBoy posted:

Oof, those were some vintage memes in there. Even around the time this would have been made, I think.

What made it even better was that the game randomly gave me the choice of super soldier, and I never picked it before so I went with it. That wasn't part of the mission itself, it was a sheer fluke that the Nyan stuff happened and its glorious that it happened in the same mission that was making trololo jokes. Also Lord British for some reason.

Unoriginal One posted:

Seniors and students don't have income, so you need either social security or free housing up and running for those; though there always does seem to be a few folks who won't gett he message until you go and manually bulldoze their shacks. Repeatedly.

Definitely had the social security up, all the homeless were singles. This is why Tropico should enforce arranged marriages.

Also I had all those high class entertainment buildings! Its their fault they wanted to go to that one bar out in the farm lands and not the zoo which had the same entry fee.

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Leal posted:

This is why Tropico should enforce arranged marriages.

That is actually a possible constitution principle in 6!

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Can you combine it with gay marriage?

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Poil posted:

Can you combine it with gay marriage?

No, in fact that's 3 exclusive options:
Straight marriage-Forced straight marriage-Free marriage.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
The New Sparta

Anyone remember 300? What a dark time to be on the internet.

We have to of course use the outfit that shows Presidente's glorious pecs and 6 pack. He will be the new King Leonidas, background of war hero, military coup for rise to power and corrupt, east point graduate and veteran for traits.

Welcome to Almas Perdidas, a rather dry island. We start with houses, tenements and a marketplace. Might wanna make sure to stop importing food.

Well I'm sure El Diablo will be happy. Remember El Diablo? Man, haven't heard from him in ages.

Time to start naming goons, who else is more qualified to be in our glorious military empire? I hear they're all professional armchair generals.

A better overview of the island. There is pretty much 3 fertile spots on the island. Its not as crazy with ores as you would think from such an island.

This is a neat gimmick, each supporter will give us 300 a pop. I make it an effort to increase support for the military in this mission.

We shall export war, and if we cannot fight the war ourselves we will let other people wage war with the weapons we make. Its like being America or even Russia!

To start things off there is a salt mine near the port, so I build one and set up a fishing wharf. Spartans ate fish right?

I set up the roadwork for the main city hub. Since there is no immigrants, housing wont be too much of a problem.

Shameful, only 13 supporters?

I build a newspaper, both to get people to stop bitching about the awful liberty score and to increase military support. Also since I'm not in a rush to get mass housing I can train up our own journalist to be the foreign minister.

Something I noticed, the newspaper properly changes its sign to reflect the work mode. This is what it looks like when set to Nationalism.

There are 2 iron mines up in the hills, I throw down a mine to get in some more money to fund the future weapons factory.

Wait what no why

12 victims, out of the 60 population. That I spent all this time naming after goons what the fu

Meet Nekomimi-Maiden, the shopkeep. She certainly did NOT get swept up in a tsunami.

This game doesn't like goons. I guess at least earthquakes don't kill citizens. loving annoying though that all the mass housing and garages on the island are gone.

Alright despite those set backs, we got the weapons factory up. With all the high school men joining the army, all the high school women are gonna be working this factory. Someone draw a Latina Rosie the Riveter.

Man, bunkers. They're good for hiring a bunch of troops but my benevolent ruling has little need of them and soldiers as a whole.

Congrats Xarn :v:

Whoa hey now, which goons are these?

Shame these goons! Shame them!

Here is an old man dying in front of a child and collapsing under the bench she is sitting on.

SHAME THIS GOON

Need some jobs for the reinforcing citizens, I settle the nearby fertile land with this nifty pond next to it.

Something we're gonna really want, and hey a clone Presidente to go around and shooting CERTAIN REBELS will be great. I wonder if the clone shares the same traits as the real deal, like will he be better at combat and always kills his targets?

Speaking of edicts, this is annoyingly unlocked. My housing efficiency :saddowns:

City coming along nicely, I've also set the college and high school to military education to try and get some extra military supporters.

Rodriguez, hats the budget say about the yearly military financial support?!

Also congrats to anime maiden catgirl goon.

Academy up and running. Moving from tenements to apartments because the Spartans didn't live in hovels.

I don't actually know if thats true or not. Like how all of Australia I know is from the Land Down Under music video, all I know about Sparta is from 300.

No problem, no reason to not have this edict up. And hey, this means the only immigrants we get are high school educated!

Meet our bunker, facing the prison where those shameful goons are being reformed. Currently being staffed by Mcgavin and Double Nine... who are guarding the door as opposed to being inside of the bunker :raise:

Meet our first general, Greyjoybastard! May our enemies crumble under the power of his paunch!

Set up another bunker by the port. Uh, dunno why I didn't aim it towards the sea. Maybe this bunker isn't to shoot people coming in, but those trying to get out!

Anyone see that PG cut trailer for 300, where they dub it to say "Then we will hug in the shade." The only good 300 meme video.

(If you answer the third option like a weenie you get nothing)

The proper choices gets you 15 migrants. Gotta keep an eye out on jobs, especially as kids are starting to grow up.

Quick, maneuver to a tight pass and form shield wall!

Gonna mention that I used amnesty to get back our wayward goon.

With all the men becoming soldiers we are having a critical labor shortage for teamsters and garages. Might become problematic...

I put down an eternal flame and set it to the Militarist work mode. Uncle Presidente wants YOU to donate money to the Tropico coffers!

Don't know how I feel with the enemy being set up right outside the palace.

Oh no, Presidente all by himself :ohdear:

There is a military base nearby, why is everyone taking so long to reinforce the glorious leader?!

Sadly Presidente must retreat, he does manage to take down 3 of the rebels by his lonesome.

Finally some reinforcements, manages to chase off one rebel.

Troops properly appear. Senrath and Mcgavin both fall in battle :smith:

Space Bat and Greyjoybastard flee like cowards :argh:

Danger-Pumpkin also retreats :argh: :argh:

The target is our weapons factory, and here is King Doom, alone, to valiantly defend the factory.

:smithicide:

Ananonymousidiot shows up and immediately retreats :mad:

Rest in peace Dmitrix :(

As well as Triple A :saddowns:

Thegreatevilking more like thegreatCOWARD

Welp, here is a 10 year old blowing up the factory.

We gotta do what we gotta do. If 10 year olds are attacking the regime then we need to suspend all civil liberties so children can be charged as adults instead of being given a free pass for being minors.

SHAME THIS GOON!

I put down a theater and set it to WW2 epics. 24 hours of saving private Ryan. All recruits must watch the knife scene :unsmigghh:

I should mention, the higher elevation (where the ores are at) is a full 40mw of power for wind turbines.

Its weird, I imagine the edict is locked so you don't activate it before this moment, maybe its a scripting thing. Because you can build the other 2 things before this point.

I guess this would be the point where I make "lol gay sex" jokes to reference that one parody movie of 300 but that would mean I admit to watching Meet the Spartans.

Hey, now anyone can be a soldier, wait teamsters what're those :shepface:

Our apartments will blot out the sun! I guess that would work out better in Modern Times since those apartments are taller.

Oooh, look at me. I'm Greyjoybastard, I run away from fights, and I'm too sophisticated to plan battles in the back of Presidente's shed!

Oh man this conscription is working out fantastically :shepface:

I throw down one base in front of the movie theater. We decided to no longer air Saving Private Ryan cause its making all our recruits gently caress off the corner of the battlefield with a sniper rifle and sit there all round cause "im dah sniper from saving private ryan!"

Nearly 27k a year, this is making up for our teamster shortage not managing to move stuff around to ship.

I throw down the other base by the farming community. I've also thrown down a cement factory so our educated women can get jobs.

Speaking of farming communities, I start expanding into the final fertile area on the island, our food is starting to dwindle and we got a bunch of unemployed women. Its nice that T5 lets you have women in the military.

I also throw down a rum distillery. Spartans got shitfaced right?

Pictured, 3 military trucks and 3 soldiers waltzing around a hospital. Go ahead and try and use the emergency room for the common cold, I dare ya.

Congrats to DoubleNegative. I think he got a last name from marrying someone, which is neat.

We are going to have such a shortage of men. I guess its a good thing gay marriage is legalized, our women are gonna have to start marrying each other if they keep dying in battle.

I don't think this is related to the mission, cause it'd be weird if it was. Its almost like how the US bugs you if you have a volcano eruption while having an airport. Anyways, lower prices!? This is madness!

I throw down a second weapons factory, we are getting a lot of high school women on the island and nowhere for them to work.

I throw down a tv station. Need to get our troops to earn their skill at twice speed. I also set every military building to spec ops training.

Oh no! Its going to be very inappropriate for me to say that I think the devs are poking fun at generals being so fat with the "insatiable appetite" line.

Hmm......

Men, tonight, I'm thinking Arby's!

Oh neat. I wonder if its got an expiration date.

Rest in piece Skiegkrow and Greyjoybastard and any other goon generals whose corpses I couldn't find :(

This isn't good, as we are still trying to get our generals back.

Heh, there we go :smuggo:

Oh, I guess these rebel attacks are scripted and aren't effected by edicts :saddowns:

Wait a minute, those aren't prisoners breaking rocks but rebels!

Right next to the army base, the tenets are already opening up on the rebels.

Them massing up like this is some bs though. And meet the slums, where unemployed women are living because they keep aging up when I'm not looking.

RIP Mechanical Ape :(

OH COME ON. loving Athens!

You cannot yell at me about the lack of colleges seconds after the drat sea takes away our college!

RIP Dirk the Average

Here comes clone Presidente to take out the last rebel.

Of course we need generals, all our last ones died cause their chubby butts ate all the poisoned food!

Ooh yeah, look at that money. If you divide it by 100 you get a funny number.

Bunker rush is op pls nerf. I wish I had a better joke but I don't engage in competitive video game tourneys cause I'm not a loving nerd.

Have a beauty shot of the island, I like these canyons.

Aw yeah, good ol'd roadblocks. Don't see you often since starting Modern Times.

Hm, well goons wanted dancing last map. What happens if someone can manage a dance where they keep their clothes on?

And that is how its done, I got the Tropican Factor!

What do you mean it will seem rigged if I both run the show and compete in it?

And before the final battle, here is the secondary farm area with some ranches, corn and papaya farms.

2 mines fueling the 2 weapons factories, and as you can see they got the garbage bag icon cause we have so little men around to haul stuff.

Main farm area, secondary teamster office in a desperate bid to hope those who aren't conscripted will get a job there.

Dock with the factories. Also speaking of men labor shortage, since only men can be dockworkers we were getting a bunch of boats not being serviced.

One angle of the main city, we got around 450 pop at the end here.

Opposite angle, just throwing bunkers everywhere.

GIVE THEM NOTHING, BUT TAKE FROM THEM, EVERYTHING!

Whoa hey now, its bullshit just appearing behind the palace like that.

Welp, there goes one soldier.

Here comes the soldier wave from the army base.

Finally, Presidente properly fighting with some soldiers.

All of the soldiers of course are taken out, but Presidente still holds his ground.

More soldiers show up to flee, Presidente still going strong.

See above.

And thus, Presidente is wounded and must retreat :smith:

Rest in peace Danger-Pumpkin

And with his death, the rebels rush to raid our banks.

Into the waiting arms of a handful of troops.

Must suck if you want to open a saving account today...

Here comes the clone Presidente to finish things off!

Victory! Many a goon returned home on their shield, remember all the goons who died this day.

As an aside, that high school in the military education? loving WORTHLESS! Literally converted 0 citizens, despite having nearly 100 graduates.

The Eternal Flame only managed to convert 6, and serviced 315. I mean its not out of the realm of reality for a lot of these people to have already been Militarists, but not that many!

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

drat, that's a really, really red Christmas.

Malah
May 18, 2015

Leal posted:

SHAME THIS GOON
FIGHT THE POWER! :argh:

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Is mass combat on that scale any fun, or is it just praying that the cats will herd in the right direction?

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

You really don't get much control over the way combat goes.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Yeah Tropico combat is basically RNG. No idea if multiple people firing at the same target effects anything, even rebel vs soldier skill it still feels random. T5 let you have some form of control.. kinda? You can place towers that shoot at enemies that get close, and since rebels attack multiple targets at once you can prioritize what to defend. Its mostly a case of having more troops then rebels and hoping the game doesn't decide 1 super rebel wrecks your entire army.

So hey while I get ready for the next DLC mission (turns out I need to do 1 more so I don't finish on a DLC map instead of the last Modern Times map), if you guys can look at this paste bin link:

https://pastebin.com/i1Sg23Fg

See if your name is in there. If I missed you please make a post so I can add you to the list.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I have no real support for this theory but I wonder if soldiers and rebels pair up and do 1v1 duels until one of them dies while any left over do nothing. Kinda like in Settlers 2. Otherwise having people dropping in one by one to a big group would always instantly die and never succeed in taking down an enemy. :iiam:

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
Started off as Sparta, but finishing as Albania is probably more suitable for a tiny paranoid militarist socialist country.

Finally caught up on this LP after reading for months! I get why they made the game mission-based but I feel like a more open-ended format works better for city building games. Having so many essentially random combat segments sounds really frustrating.

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Decoy Badger posted:

Started off as Sparta, but finishing as Albania is probably more suitable for a tiny paranoid militarist socialist country.

Finally caught up on this LP after reading for months! I get why they made the game mission-based but I feel like a more open-ended format works better for city building games. Having so many essentially random combat segments sounds really frustrating.

You just might get your wish when we hit Tropico 5...in a way.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Plantador

I know its way past October now, but I'm still gonna talk about spooky stuff, well "spooky".

A tourist focused build despite this map being about using plantations. I had something in mind but uh... it didn't play out. Anyways, what is more spooky then being a first worlder living in luxury ending up on a backwater island? I'm sure the thought of no twitter will make most people go mad from the thought.

Its truly a backwater island, no roads, no garages. The inhabitants have no idea on the inner workings of modern society. It was horrifying, and then there is the inhabitants themselves....

.. They referred to themselves as goons. Their feasts, never ending, comprised of dew from the mountains of the island and corn grounded up into triangles and dusted with dried cheese.

*40 minutes later* Oh god why did I come back to this?

I saw him, Antonia Lopez, and he looked HYPER realistic. Like he would reach out of the screen and take a sizeable portion of my income as taxes!

But seriously, I was thinking one day about how creepy pastes suck cause they use hyper realistic and vague wording to try and spook you. Then I thought well wait, why does Lovecraft get a pass on just saying "these things are so gross bro, you'll go insane cause they're so nasty"

Also we have to unlock every building one by one. The 4 buildings we start unlocked are: Plantations, wharves, pubs and shacks. Yes, even DLC items are locked off here unlike other maps who do restrictions like this.

The green parts of the island is fantastic for coffee and tobacco, with one circular area being great for sugar. Don't want the plantations being too far away due to the whole no roads issue.

Meet the one time I'll ever actually build shanties :v: I'd like to note that we start with 40k this map instead of the usual 20k, and getting this extra 10k will be nice. Despite Lopez's urgency at the start, we aren't hurting THAT bad for money. Buuuut....

Meet the main gimmick of this map, research stuff. As said we produce 10 "beakers" per month, I wish I could provide a tech tree but there is none on the internet. For whatever reason googling for this sent me to various websites who you pay money to write your essays and stuff to cheat in college :psyduck:

First thing we need is roads and garages, asap. There are a few funny bits for what you research to unlock what building, here are a few:

Lies: Weather Station
Minions: Ministry
Brainwashing: Grade School
Arson: Fire Station

After picking our research option, we can click on the "mission" for it and we get an option to just pay 10k to complete it. This price is the same for whatever project, so you'd get more bang for your buck for high research items. We can wait 10 months for roads to research, and then another 10 for garages, but I'd rather spend 20k to get both researched now so we can get a basic layout going.

I believe 60 points is the lowest amount for research, I go with digging after the roads because I was hoping farms would be down that road. It wasn't, if you want farms you'd want to research The Axe and go down that middle line.

Finally, some basic sense of civilization! Don't like the construction office being there as I have to run my road around it and the palace to get to the wharves off screen, but I can't rebuild one so welp.

Once the plantation is up this is our next mission. Simple enough, could happen way faster if I picked the plantador trait but plantation profits are already crazy enough.

Got a pub set up, its not like there is much else to use my money on currently :v:

And yeah, this is why you don't need the plantador trait this mission. This wont be the first time we get an agriculture price increase.

Setting up a garage by the plantations and laying down the road for future expansion. I also throw down a sugar plantation, now we have 1 of each cash crop up and running.

A black monolith hmm? We can sell this for just enough money to buy a research, but I'd rather get the extra 5 research points. That 55% happiness though? Hoo boy...

I got bunkhouses up and throw them down, trying desperately to keep housing satisfaction happy enough to not drag down the score too low.

It is one of the lowest things, crime safety is also taking a huge hit because of the aid camp. Its either that or healthcare will drop, and at least with healthcare staying moderate will keep people alive.

I use shanties so little that I never noticed that they had something written on the side. I believe this says "Commander in Chief: Order!"

Meet our first criminal, Epicurius. Who is married to Poil, who makes up the palace guard. Awkward...

Dammit, the environment score is tanking our happiness. I'm researching deep into infrastructure, after all thats where the dump is found, but so far nothing.

Man that is one weird rear end looking volcano.

The volcano erupted and burnt all of my people, the sounds of the screams they made was so real it was as if it was happening right next to me, with sounds that are more clear then what SHOULD be possible on Sennheiser headphones. I was gonna remove my headphones but curiosity made me keep them on.

Well on the upside, the main city is safe from the volcano. The downside is that the fertile areas for our cash is in the danger zone :shepface:

Flesh melted off the citizens, showing sinew and bone with such graphical clarity. It was at this point I realized I was playing a haunted .exe file.

Thankfully only 2 buildings caught on fire. But of course its the 2 garages for this area.

Whats always great about creepy pastes is how they try to horrify you with descriptions of gore. Its like the jumpscare of horror movie and video games. At a point though it just becomes cartoonish and laughable.

Thankfully we finally get access to high schools. Because Pineapple kept nagging me that we didn't have one on the island!

You know how you can tell if a boy or girl wrote a creepy paste? If it involves the protag dating Jeff the Killer the writer is a chick, if it features rape the writer is a dude.

Making a nice loop for the main city. Getting ready to start plopping down apartments, which I managed to unlock before tenements!

For some reason Pineapple says extra things in her voiced lines that aren't written down in the dialogue box. She also did this way back when we ousted Santana about him talking about himself at night. I wonder if the person writing the dialogue in these boxes just didn't like Pineapple's dialogue or if the VA was just going off script and the writer just threw down what was written on the script.

Huh, never saw this one before despite always having an aid camp on every map which plummets our crime score. I can't help but notice that the reward is +15 capitalists, and not +15 capitalist respect.

And then Lopez stabbed Mrs. Pineapple in the throat! Mrs. Pineapple was my favorite character, and I cried a little. I tried to turn off the computer but it stayed on! I even unplugged it and still it managed to keep working! Also my door was locked and my windows wont open and they wont break despite throwing my computer tower at it, and the game kept running despite this.

Hm, a ruin surrounded by 6 huts. Also some crop circle type of writing. I put down an iron mine on the left side of the screen, and a bauxite one on the right side. There is a gold deposit near the bauxite but I held off on it with the intent of making a jewelry factory but that never panned out.

Well one option is spending a bunch of money, another is building a few low quality entertainment buildings. One lets us unlock a high quality entertainment building so its not that much of a choice.

This will need 2 cabarets, 1 with no dress code and another for high class citizens!

And you know, I really don't get how Jeff is a "creepy" story. Its a story about a kid getting mugged, well wait. He didn't even get mugged. Someone ATTEMPTED to mug him, and he got super psycho powers and kicked his would be mugger's asses. Then his brother takes the fall for him. Sure he gets set on fire, cause bleach is totally flammable, but I mean we've all had one of those days. At what point was I supposed to be afraid?

I know I did a tourism build, but due to research its slow going in actually getting a tourist trap up and running, so I go with the clue.

In fact a bunch of creepy pastes are things like "this person had bad stuff happen (bullied, raped if a chick) and now they're killing everyone". Maybe its because I'm not a kid anymore, I mean the thought of the bogeyman who was someone who did bad things just cause scared me as a kid and used by parents to keep impressionable kids in check. A lot of comments on these various stories are "whoa is this real?".

No

no you loving dumbass mother f

Hey now, if I have to research these things to unlock the right to build them, why do I still need to unlock the blueprint? Lazy rear end scientists.

Congrats Poil, can you have your wife stop robbing Tropicans now :v:

Main hub coming along nicely. The placement of the construction office is driving me nuts.

I must've missed this story in Assassin's Creed. Then again I never played past the first one so its probably in between becoming a pirate and parkouring in modern day New York City.

Mass housing buildings researched, time to start ripping down these buildings. Need the higher housing quality cause I still haven't got the 55% overall happiness.

2 years later, how loving long does it take to destroy buildings across the street from your office?!

On the whole though, creepy pastes are crappy cause a lot of them seem to just be a case of "how can I shock my reader the most" And lemme tell you, being an assbeat on the internet, all I can do is roll my eyes.

WHERE THE gently caress DO I UNLOCK GARBAGE DUMPS

I have researched everything in the infrastructure tree! And yes, finishing each tree lets you research "future" tech, kinda like in Civilization. Infrastructure reduces building costs, social increases happiness and economic gives 5k. I dunno about government, I never finished it :v:

Congrats to the Wokester!

A tsunami hit, and all it destroyed was 2 brand new apartments and the garage servicing them. And of course damaged another nearby garage but at least its still functioning.

My "favorite" creepy story game is one where you read about a patient at some underground professor's facility making some sort of chemical. The patient is a woman so of course there is that good ol' "rape = horror" thing that a lot of creepy paste authors love. Part of this abuse includes said professor sitting at her table during breakfast and cranking it, which is loving comical, sorry guys. Does he stop and smacks her hand when she reaches for the salt, claiming that they don't reach across the table in his facility?

Shame these goons!

Its time we go ahead and fix this. Far too long has Epicurius been running around robbing people!

Hey meet the one clinic I build outside of missions requiring it as I need to research hospitals, the aid camp ran out and I can't rebuild it, and I still need to hit 55% happiness.

loving goons man

So of course during this abuse the doctor impregnates the patient. The doctor gets mad cause, even though he is making some sort of chemical and has the means to build an underground illicit laboratory, he doesn't realize how babies are made. So of course he tries to force her to still birth (cause again, this doctor with all these means can't get a wire hanger or something)

Got the prison up, time to rehabilitate some goons. I've set up 2 llama ranches by the plantations, that area is pretty solid for pastures.

This will be nice, getting an extra point per professor. Maybe be the one time I would want to build radar dishes... but I still wont.

So it ends with the patient giving birth and the doctor puts the baby in a box and sets it on fire. Cause that is the edgiest option. This doctor doesn't have condoms or a coat hanger laying around, but he certainly has a box and matches. This is what I mean by trying to shock the reader. I'm shocked by the actions that happened cause they're reprehensible, but I laugh at the author who wrote it cause its like they are waving it in my face "Look at how DARK my story is"

And that ladies and gents, is why creepy pastes are garbage and I have no idea how it got as big as it did. Also creepy games need to stop loving killing me at the end in some sort of "You can never win MY STORY IS SO DEEP". Why the gently caress did I even bother trying to reach the end if it would've been the same if I just let myself die you hacks

Finally starting up my tourism area. With the colonial fort here, we get one of the best eco tourist attractions and it staffs a professor!

Oh god 3 exclamations. Lets start from left to right...

Oh this is great. Time to start doing things to increase loyalists in the island! I'm assuming its 1 research per 1 loyalists, I pop National Day to get some recruits each year and publishing the ideology book to give us 10 converts every 3 years. Sadly due to everything being locked behind research, no eternal flame or gold statue to convert people. I don't think its even possible to unlock the DLC buildings, so no fallout shelter or propaganda towers to convert more people.

More money from our plantations, AND more professors for research? Win win to me!

And the research points keep coming. I throw down 20k immediately. We start researching things pretty quick, at this point I just started going from top to bottom.

I throw down the 2 horticulture stations, as well as some extra corn farms. Also up here is the 40mw range for wind turbines so I throw a pair down.

Finally, 55% happiness. Where the gently caress is the garbage dump :byodood:

Its... under social. Not infrastructure. On the top option. Obvious right :suicide:

"We think its talking about that at least. Everything is just so vague. Its just "tentacles and people who see it go mad!" If they think seeing some grotesque being will make people scratch their eyes out they should see my wife!"

Wha? Why are you being a rebel now?! Everything is going good this late in the game! Also Triple A was a criminal, I guess they didn't enjoy being in prison.

Oh good job Poil, shame about the hunting incident :razzy:

Now that we finally got dumps researched, I got one up by the plantations and another outside of the city hub. Newspapers was locked behind gossip, which I found kinda funny.

Looks like the Tapir thing was too much for Triple A to handle :v:

Good thing I have cathedrals researched, gotta take care of these heretics ASAP.

Oh look at me, I'm Sanrath, I'm too old to contribute to the Tropico economy but I can be part of a cult! I can't pick up the plow but I can certainly pick up a ceremonial dagger!

Also I'm 69 which is funny.

:saddowns:

Oh, huh. So can I get a refund for branding all the cultists? Also RIP Sanrath.

Go for C'thulhu's eyes! C'thulhu has a bunch of eyes right? You know playing the third Shadowrun game, your character has nightmare dreams that involve teeth.

So I checked with the orb of truth, but nothing came of it, so I went back and bought the book for more reasearch.

So I thought "Really? Teeth? That isn't scary". Then I saw screenshots from Black Desert Online and my god. Hyper realistic teeth, its loving unsettling. I think I'm getting the hyper realistic eyes thing that creepy pastes love putting in. Seriously, I don't need to see the space between each individual teeth, its so unnatural.

HAIL SATAN, KILL YOUR PARENTS* dammit the hill is loving up my pentagram

And now we are gonna kill C'thulhu with the powers of Satan and electricity.

As a note, despite researching all of tourism the cocktail bar never unlocked. I'm pretty sure this isn't a DLC item, which is annoying cause its a great money maker.

Something I've been omitting this update, there is a LOT of disasters coming in. Like a LOT. I'm sure this is what they mean by the followers of C'thulhu messing with us, as there is no timer going on otherwise.

Got the nuclear power plant up, though I end up throwing down another 2 wind turbines cause I got fed up with waiting for the power plant workers to skill up.

Our tourist area, trying to rebuild the pool again for the 5th time cause every time a disaster happened it would destroy the pool. Never went far with it.

The plantation, the horticulture stations were on reforestation. It looks neat, especially the ones with the blue flowers.

*Please don't kill your parents

Presidente's accomplishments:

Became a super hero
Stopped nuclear war
Went to space and became a god
Recreated Sparta
Practiced Voodoo
Became a pirate
Defeated C'thulhu

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Sorry about the haitus, I was having some real burn out. Not just this game but LPs in general, thank Neptunia for that. But the new year also didn't start too good for me. I can't drive my car due to being sold a car with not California legal parts meaning I bike to work at 2:30 am, also the other guy I open with resigned so I'm doing this 6 days a week now. And we changed shipping companies who loving suck so work is way more difficult for me, beyond the extra hours and biking. But hey, just 3 more maps, 2 Modern Times and 1 DLC map left. Next mission will have us try to get the USSR and US to join us in the fight against Steinschneider. However Steinschneider will also try and turn them against us. How should we do this:

A Professor VS Doctor, El Presidente will achieve this goal with a highly skilled work force

B Capitalist production, high factory production to export everything we need

C The people's production, highly skilled farming and miners to get the resources we need

Voting will end on Tuesday whenever I get home from work.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Real nice placement of the wheels there. I almost think they planned that in map design.

The final showdown, huh? I'll lean toward A. Presidente beats his enemies on their own terms!

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
B, money triumphs everything else.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

A, battle of the braaaains.

Tropico 5 has a short quest chain based on Cthulhu too. You get the best reward by involving a certain character from Tropico 4. One guess who it is. A hint is that she runs into some sailors on the way back.

I kinda liked the teeth thing from Shadowrun. Uh... as in a weird and creepy and unpleasant thing. Anyway, hope things improve for you. :ohdear:

Leal posted:

Congrats Poil, can you have your wife stop robbing Tropicans now :v:
Anime doesn't buy itself you know. :v:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Communism trumps capitalism!

Sarah Bellum
Oct 21, 2008
Academia will be our advancement!

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
A. Beating the professor at his own game is a good bit of revenge.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

A, let's get smart.

Also learnt way too much about creepypastas.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Triple A posted:

B, money triumphs everything else.

Agreed.

B, drown them in money!

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

CommissarMega posted:

Communism trumps capitalism!

Communism for great goodness

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

A sounds like it might be interesting to see.

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
Dose everyone with some Adderall!

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
A

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Alright looks like school will be session, Professor Presidente vs the Mad Doctor!

I can almost see the end.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Before the Storm

Clearly a number 1 spot in the top 10 anime betrayals, how can Steinschneider betray us like this?

Professor vs Doctor, who will win?

Welcome back to the very first map, Isla de Sentencia. A biofarm in the green zone? How kind!

If I'm feeling kind, or if I just want some extra cash?

We start with a generous 50k for this mission, so I throw down a rum distillery, a cash crop biofarm and hire foreign workers for the distillery. I also import sugar, don't want to wait for the biofarm to produce.

Pathetic Doctor, we will prove that Tropican labor can beat your puny science!

Occasionally we get this pop up, it starts producing 10 rum a month and seems to go up an extra 5.

I remove the start biofarm, put up a second cash crop farm and one food crop farm further up.

Pfft, ruminator. Who needs science when you have Tropican sweatshops?

In my rush to beat the doctor, I've been running behind on setting up basic necessities. I mean food is perfectly handled, for some reason Tropicans want more then that.

B-b-but the money we made exporting this rum is going to have to be spent buying this material! These mad geniuses, they figured out a way to get all the money they spend on Tropican rum back! They are just as dastardly as the capitalistic Americans.

Oh dear, looks like he was more then slightly mad.

Across the island I put down a second dock and throw down a car factory, since the game so helpfully hinted that we can use cars to import 2 types of resources at once.

...... All those Tropicans I named after goons :shepface:

Why would you need a scientific invention for imports, is there limited space in his lair? You'd think a mad scientist would be importing Russian uranium by the boatload.

The tsunami damaged the 2 starter tenements, I'm gonna let them burn. Get those ugly things away from the palace!

I finally put down a school. Be a bad professor if there is no places to teach at!

Congrats to single eighteen!

Finally getting the city up and going after rushing to get the car factory up. I throw a tenement over by the farms cause we have quite a handful of married retired couples who can't afford rent, even with social security.

Something neat, most buildings will have generic boxes piling up to show what they have to send to the docks. For the factory its actual cars showing that.

If you want a pro strat, you would've built a nuclear factory and imported uranium instead so you can get a headstart on this. However I love solar power plants so...

Congrats, now hurry up and pass that edict to allow gay marriage!

Its as if even god wants the Doctor to fail, but alas...

.... Or the big man is conspiring with the Doctor to see Presidente fail. Don't think I don't notice how absolutely ridiculous religion satisfaction is :argh:

Behold! The way to provide more powerful then god amplified hamsters!

Also meet our education center. It takes me a few years to realize we literally only had 1 college educated man, who was a doctor.

RIP Lynneth :(

Well isn't that nice, gonna have to make a low rider car from that factory so I can drive around and throw money out the window.

AHAHAHAHAHA. loving MTV knock, I loving love this game. Remember when MTV actually aired music videos?

Alright so lets fire off an edict I've never used before, I am getting annoyed with the low population with all my open job positions so lets get a baby boom going. For 7.5k we get a baby boom and tourists will spend 20% more here as we become the hot sex tourist spot.

My camera gets taken away and moved to the theater and...

Sunny Flowers: With the Festival of Love about to being, Miss Pineapple said she will "give an educational review on the cultural practices of festivals and mating in the Caribbean". But she has not yet arrived here at the studio.

Penultimo: Some people claim she was seen leading the parade! Parents, please keep your children at home for its duration.

Uuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

You know, we could probably use these sanatoriums to help with the inevitable STDs from the love festival. The 20k a year is just a perk.

Set them up next to the theater... Then blow them up cause I don't want to have 3 of these.

Oh no, they're walking across the school area. Drop out rates are gonna go sky high with people wanting to marry a stripper.

As an aside, no these are not Tropican citizens. You cannot click on them, they're just "aesthetic".

You know Pynch, I would think I'm the better partner considering you and I were going against one another twice because you kept getting brainwashed by the Conclave, and to top it off YOU ARE THINKING OF GOING BACK FOR A THIRD TIME.

Hiding our secret space program behind some trees and setting up a military base right next to it.

You know, I wonder how security is for space stations IRL. What happens if people hop the fence? When I think NASA I don't think of security in the slightest.

Our 2 options this go around, lets make a space project!

Well that was a weird choice. Oh wait this is the main mission. Wait, raising minimum wage?! STEINSCHNEIDER YOU MONSTER

I question your methods Antonio. Being an office worker is basically the retail of having a degree, and being a veteran retail worker being in this drab depressing environment has made me believe I deserve way more money that isn't immediately followed up with universal price increases as to make my increased wage pointless.

Anyways excuse me while I still keep paying my virtual video game people low amounts of cash.

Ah here we go, the space quests. Ooooh, you know game I really would like to annoy Van Hoof. With such a tempting offer like that, how can I NOT say yes?

"Science - It works, bitches" - Dr. Steinschneider, 1994

So the island loses all its resources, that is the ore and oil. Weirdly enough the salt is left alone. This isn't all that big of a deal, as the island only starts with 3 oil fields and just a single gold ore deposit.

An unoriginal one being effectively the chief of police shall get an unoriginal joke:

Police and donuts right?!

Population growth is still really slow, and I don't want to wait for the boomers to get old enough to work (or even worse, retire :gonk: ). I pop the Chinese Immigration edict.

This is twice now the good doctor has hit me where it hurts the most, the wallet. When I win the first thing I'll do to you is send you to a Tropican sweatshop to work off what you cost me, and trust me, you would wish I killed you instead!

Finally, unemployed homeless people! The sign of growth!

Hm... I am conflicted. On one hand he is hitting me in the wallet. On the other hand, he has decided to forgo safety precautions in the name of profit. Maybe in another time we could have been friends.

Ooof. Well if nothing else, its already halfway through. Right when I started throwing money down to expand the island.

If I REALLY wanna annoy her hm? I will gladly do it, even if I didn't already have a fully upgraded solar power plant I would build another and fully upgrade that one!

:hmmyes: If I'm gonna get arrested, might as well commit some crimes.

I set down a weapons factory, electronics and finally got a cement factory up by the secondary docks. In such a rush with the car factory and rum that I never got around to doing a cement factory.

Finally, some breathing room!

I take this chance to hold off and let the island build up, mainly my funds. I have just above 50k at this point, don't want any surprises coming up before I can recoup my costs.

Well, exactly 50 unemployed citizens hm?

I'm sure there is some big political commentary of building a huge first world building right on top of a bunch of shacks to chase off the homeless but I can't think of it.

............... :psyduck:

:psyboom: Wow, so we now have 160 Chinese immigrants. Thats like half the island population. Thats a bit worrying, if China takes after their closest allies the Russians, they're gonna us this as a casus belli to invade to support the Chinese nationalists in the land.

Really filling in the island now. I put down an entertainment zone around that neat geyser area.

Well thats a hard one. How do we manage that? Through force I guess, welp time to invade a nearby island....

Oooooh, well that is certainly cheaper then invading and occupying. But I still have some unfinished business...

:getin:

:yeshaha: The US is likewise scared of our death star. The auto killing of rebels would be nice if Tropico wasn't already a utopia were no one rebels (at least if they're patient enough to wait for it :mad: )

Final shot of the palace area. I noticed the modern condominiums also have bad LOD like the palace does.

Other side of town with our food production area.

Entertainment area, I also started putting housing down around there as homeless is picking up.

The secondary dock area with some industries. Never got that chemical factory staffed :v:

Well this was going to be the salvation cross but the buildings couldn't be rotated to be even with it, so I ended up with this. I'm sure this is considered blasphemous. (hey I managed to keep my religion satisfaction at 50%!)

Hm, the text says "10 million dollars", but we're only giving them 100k. Is this a typo, or is the Tropican peso so powerful that 100k Tropican pesos is worth 10 million USD?

Victory!

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Alright, for the last mission, last vote, we are gonna make 2 choices. First we will need to do something to make a lot of money, do we:

A Promote oil

B Promote tourism

C Promote gold

And after that, we will need to vote on how to take down Steinschneider once and for all. Do we

A take Pynch's idea

B take Fedorov's idea

C Come up with our own idea?

Voting will end on the 13th

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
C, A Donald Pynch loves gold Gold GOLD!