Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

Accordion Man posted:

Got to up your high school game man.

I love the hell out of 4, I've played well over 100 hours, beat every mission, and got all the Steam cheevos. I'd say its better than 3 too because 4's got a bunch of QoL improvements and the writing is a lot better, all the cast adds to the game's charm.

5 is crap though, it's practically a lovely RTS because you can't manage stuff like wages anymore so revolts are going to happen no matter what.

I found the budgetary system to be an overall improvement, just executed poorly. What they should have done is embrace the zoning systems that pretty much every other city builder has done in order to reduce un-necessary micromanagement and put the focus of the game on politics. Not to mention the cast is noticeably smaller and tries to pull off too much stuff with too few people

Triple A fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Jan 15, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

Leal posted:

Is this actually true? I never made a gun before

Well, assault rifles are usually faster to build and they have less small parts that require a lot of precise machining since they are designed to be easily mass-produced in case of a real war. Besides that, the civilian market expects a fit and finish that you can leave out on a cheap knock-off of a soviet/belgian rifle.

As for the vote, Choice B

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
Capitalists, Intellectuals, Environmentalists, Nationalists

Dinictus posted:

What's the general upsides, downsides to 5 over 4, by the by?

Less micro and multiplayer but also less depth and flavor.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
Tropico has no friends, only interests.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

Siegkrow posted:

As a Latin American man, living in a country that is still recovering from a dictatorship that ended almost 30 years ago, the way you are all voting for maximum tirany because "ahahaha look at those Tropicans, so miserable, banana republics are funny" is very disturbing.

I am biased, so I withhold my vote.

I'll vote A because playing Tropico that way is a bigger challenge than simply just keeping everyone happy especially since there rarely are events to shake a state after it's gotten it's footing.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
B, since there's nothing more traditional in the Caribbean than a tin-pot being replaced by an American three-letter agency's new tin-pot of choice,

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
B, the only plants El Presidente likes are power plants and he only genuinely likes trees when they've been refined into paper money.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
C and C. You can use your imagination to fill out the blanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
B, money triumphs everything else.