Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS
It’s good that these Georgia kids are already prepared to blow huge leads against villainous habitual champions that everyone loves to hate coached by someone with an obvious pact with Satan once they get to the NFL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Zerilan posted:

Or some other form of incentives/extra scholarships inversely proportional to the school's record or revenue or average recruiting ranking over past X years or whatever.

Yeah.

Fluffdaddy posted:

or kids could go where they want and if they are getting paid under or over the table who gives a poo poo?

Because right now it’s illegal to? I 100% think players should be paid, but if the NCAA is going to continue to have a hateboner for it and not allow it, then any school that gets caught doing so should be hit hard.

Plus if someone like Alabama got caught doing so it’d likely just open it up for everyone rather than actually hitting Alabama with penalties.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I put an offseason thread up: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3845959&perpage=40

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

G-Hawk posted:

no it isn't, parity sucks

You shouldnt hate Golden State then.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

SourKraut posted:

Because right now it’s illegal to? I 100% think players should be paid, but if the NCAA is going to continue to have a hateboner for it and not allow it, then any school that gets caught doing so should be hit hard

why do you want people punished for doing a thing you think is good

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

SourKraut posted:

I personally can’t wait for 20 years from now when it comes out that Bama was paying players all along and the NCAA hands down some neutered version of the Death Penalty post-Saban (that ultimately gets walked back a few years later).

I mean, they also need to be exposed for having all of their players on steroids as well, which is probably more responsible for their championships

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

MourningView posted:

why do you want people punished for doing a thing you think is good

Because I’m a rule follower and while I think it’s dumb, it should be enforced until changed?

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

Grittybeard posted:

This annoys me too, just in general. I believe Alabama deserved their playoff spot if we're looking for the best resumes for the record, but just in general I hate that whoever loses a conference championship game is often jumped over for a better bowl/whatever by someone they beat out in their own division.

yeah, I get it too. I'm not particularly opposed to the idea that the committee will choose the "best" teams, but I think I feel more strongly that it should matter when you lose to loving Syracuse or whatever school it is. Honestly, I was sort of astounded that there weren't more people arguing for Wisconsin to be in the CFP. They won their games, and their one loss was in a P5 conference championship, which, by the way, Alabama didn't even qualify for in their own conference.

Maybe I'm just becoming a grumpy old jackass, but I think the eye test should take a back seat to the "win your games" test.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

MourningView posted:

I'm sorry unlv sucks but it's not Alabama's fault

lol

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Good season all, I've enjoyed posting here with all my pals. Please stay safe tonight and keep love in your hearts.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

SourKraut posted:

Because I’m a rule follower and while I think it’s dumb, it should be enforced until changed?

So you don't actually care about the kids but the institutions that continually gently caress them over? Got it.

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

SourKraut posted:

this is the kind of dude that would get jury duty and vote to convict someone of marijuana possession

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

SourKraut posted:

justice and legality are not the same, friemd

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.
https://twitter.com/ESPNBooger/status/950596708790079491

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Fluffdaddy posted:

So you don't actually care about the kids but the institutions that continually gently caress them over? Got it.

No, the institution of college football itself, at least the CFP, is one big corrupt shitfest reinforced by the Universites’ lust for money. I’ve been pretty supportive of opening it up to pay players?

sudo rm -rf posted:

this is the kind of dude that would get jury duty and vote to convict someone of marijuana possession
Nah, just a $5 fine and a shared joint.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6n1KPQmdddY

can we close this thread now so I can stop following two of them plzzzzz

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

SourKraut posted:

look at this fuckin narc

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

nick chubb and soni michel were both mildly bonkers to skip the draft last year

like normally I think it is a good idea to stay in school, but as an RB you are disproportionately likely to have your career ended in an instant, and will probably only get three good years or so in the pros even if things work out optimally

RBs got to get theirs while the gettin is good

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

RumbleFish posted:

I like the playoff but hate the committee. Either expand the playoffs or just let computers pick the teams ala BCS.

We’d have ended up with the exact same teams and even matchups if the BCS formula had been used.

Parsifal
Jan 1, 2009

wel accually u forgot Dolan

buddhanc posted:

Lol the worst state in the nation has 50 percent of the championships in 10 years

We elected Doug Jones, remember? So like, things are different now?

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Parsifal posted:

He’ll just be replaced by some GOP candidate in 2020.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

SourKraut posted:

He’ll just be replaced by some GOP candidate in 2020.

Elections are this year friendo

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Joey Freshwater posted:

Elections are this year friendo

Not for Jones.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Parsifal posted:

Things will never be different in the hell time line

Bama and the Patriots win in perpetuity and trump is reelected for the next 30 years until he's cryogenically frozen and his offspring take over until we have the tech to reanimate him

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

wa27 posted:

Welp time to call Charter and cancel my cable for the next 8 months.

Oh poo poo. Thanks for reminding me, time to cancel PS Vue for now.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Morning everyone what did I miss?

Of course.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
Did it get mentioned in the GDT what a cluster it was getting into the stadium last night? 2 hours in 40 degree light rain. Trump shut things down for a bit then some gates stopped working. Worst experience like that I’ve ever had.

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!
gently caress everything and everyone, especially this gay earth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

MourningView posted:

why would you even start watching college football if you wanted parity it's always been like five schools trading titles

how dare you ignore the post WWII era of Illinois, Minnesota , Michigan and Michigan state all winning titles , the last time any of them were relevant

• Locked thread