Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Warbird posted:

KISS

DA

RHANGS

Is it too early for our offseason BBQ derail?

I was going to eat at a new BBQ place here that is getting high ratings but they are closed on Mondays for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
I am totally fine with this loss and did not expect much from this team seriously losing your starting QB in the 1st game and winning the rose bowl? Not Bad keep recruiting Smart.... and hope Saban has a heart attack soon.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
Is Saban up to six ring elephant yet?

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

SmellsLikeToast posted:

Please kill me. PM me for murder address.

Post it on this thread. The more people see it, the higher chance you have of it actually happening

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
My dad, who almost never watches national football except a handful of games, refuses to accept that teams trip over their own dicks against Bama. I'm pretty sure even Bama fans would back me on this.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Warbird posted:

Is it too early for our offseason BBQ derail?

I've been in the offseason since November, so let me regale you with tales of Mustard Sauce Glory....

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

ur in my world now posted:

you'll have the chance of getting odom fired next year!

...Derek Dooley.

I'm back on the fire him immediately bandwagon.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

any way

Auburn beat Alabama and Georgia, and nearly beat Clemson

Alabama, Georgia and Clemson were all in the playoff

UCF beat Auburn

UCF should finish #1

USF should finish #2 since they played UCF the best out of anybody

FAU should finish #3 because they are fun

find another couple of directional florida schools (I assume there are a bunch?) to round out the top 5

PupsOfWar fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Jan 9, 2018

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Nervous posted:

Is Saban up to six ring elephant yet?

five with the tahd and 1 at LSU, tied with Bear bryant for most ever (but needing one more to match him *at alabama* which the only ones that count)

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Dango Bango posted:

Georgia loses a TON next year.

Yeah, people overlook that Smart walked in to a loaded cupboard and title-ready roster. Chubb and Michel spurning the NFL was absolutely loving huge. Smart is still a good coach and UGA just signed an insane recruiting class, but it's not like he came in and worked miracles with two-stars and a ton of freshmen or something.

Ghosts! posted:

have you considered that you are a bama fan?

I'm pretty Bama neutral because the last time we played them was ages ago (2010), and we won. :)

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

2nd and 26 from the 41 yard line in OT in the national loving championship and you give up a 41 yard TD. Wow.

Do you know how angry people would be if this was a fictional movie and Alabama were the protaganists? "That's not how football works! What a stupid and contrived plot. So unrealistic" they would cry

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

Grittybeard posted:

...Derek Dooley.

I'm back on the fire him immediately bandwagon.

next season should be hilarious one way or another

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Big shoutout to Jesus right quick. I thank him every 5 minutes of the day to a standing O.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Rick posted:

I was going to eat at a new BBQ place here that is getting high ratings but they are closed on Mondays for some reason.

at least alabama can't figure out BBQ in the loving least

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

Dr. Cuddles posted:

i cant wait to spend the next 8 months convincing myself arkansas games will be watchable

:suicide:

*sotto voce* they won't

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Welp time to call Charter and cancel my cable for the next 8 months.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Also lol at Tua the freshman reading Georgia’s defense like a book.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
UCF getting hosed aside, maybe the playoff committee was right to give Bama the benefit of the doubt

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

God this loving sucks. just go back to the pre-BCS bowl system and let 10 teams claim NCs each year.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
seriously though lmao @ anyone who thinks god exists

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

General Dog posted:

UCF getting hosed aside, maybe the playoff committee was right to give Bama the benefit of the doubt

I mean they just feel better than the rest of the teams

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Just loving make a 68 team March Madness for football so we can crown a real champion already. Wtf already committee idiots.

BunLengthHotDog
Jun 30, 2003

Good Game
If Roquan Smith declares for the NFL (as he drat well should), UGA's defense is a whole different animal next year.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
"Describe throwing the winning touch down"

*somehow less passionate than the call of it on the coaches broadcast*

Zero_Grade posted:

at least alabama can't figure out BBQ in the loving least

I live in Arizona so it actually makes sense (not a fan of either of these teams).

maxallen
Nov 22, 2006

SourKraut posted:

God this loving sucks. just go back to the pre-BCS bowl system and let 10 teams claim NCs each year.

unironically agree with everything you just said

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
Alabama bad, but Tua hugging his dad good and make me tear

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

General Dog posted:

remember when the sec won the nc like 6 years in a row and some people thought "hey maybe if we have a 4 team playoff other teams will get a shot"

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

Oh snap

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

CG anime Nick Saban

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
gently caress georgia and gently caress ohio state for getting blown out by iowa

Flyin Jim Elbows
Jul 10, 2008

College Slice
I'd like to take this moment to post about Jesus Christ without whom this old rear end forum would not still be puttering along

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

sudo rm -rf posted:

remember when the sec won the nc like 6 years in a row and some people thought "hey maybe if we have a 4 team playoff other teams will get a shot"

Other teams have gotten a shot. Two of them have won it all!

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
teams that don't win their division shouldn't be in the playoffs

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

sudo rm -rf posted:

The only way other teams will ever actually get a shot is if some degree of parity is somehow enforced in recruiting.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Real talk who will be the first non-power conference school to make the playoff in our generation?

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

SourKraut posted:

I like the playoff but hate the committee. Either expand the playoffs or just let computers pick the teams ala BCS.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Zerilan posted:

The only way other teams will ever actually get a shot is if some degree of parity is somehow enforced in recruiting.

How in the world would you even enforce that?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

One final ennui husky:

https://twitter.com/celebrityhottub/status/950600162325524480

Seaniqua posted:

teams that don't win their division shouldn't be in the playoffs

True.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Zerilan posted:

I personally can’t wait for 20 years from now when it comes out that Bama was paying players all along and the NCAA hands down some neutered version of the Death Penalty post-Saban (that ultimately gets walked back a few years later).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Real talk who will be the first non-power conference school to make the playoff in our generation?

Notre Dame

• Locked thread