Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

realbez posted:

gently caress it's hot

Now imagine your fan broke last night. Thank god JB does same-day delivery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Was about to say that even in Victoria, a bunch of games end up on 7mate for whatever reason; outside Victoria that's the main channel for AFL afaik.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

cmndstab posted:

Are the other games airing on Foxtel or something? Surely all games are being televised somewhere.

I think afl is streaming them for free.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Potential for a stadium that's well designed with the tradeoff being it's run by absolute loving morons who will leech every cent out of your pocket?

Is there at least decent public transport options to get there?

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Chairchucker posted:

I still don't 'get' AFLX. 20Twenty cricket makes sense as a way to make a boring as hell sport somewhat interesting, but AFL is already fast paced enough.

They're trying to find a way to make people give a poo poo about the preseason. It's sort of worked in that people are talking about it. It probably won't work because no-one's gonna watch that poo poo anyway.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

It's the Dogs home game.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

jesus loving christ Dees, you really want to lose this loving game.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

lol, Pearce should've been done for Holding the Ball.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Hilariously, this new Western Bulldogs song sounds exponentially better and less fake than it currently does.

EDIT: I take it back, the Bulldogs one should be a slam dunk how did they gently caress this up?

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

monolithburger posted:

It sounds like they used midi horns and mixed them very poorly.

So just like the current one.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

The Channel 10 attempt at an AFL footy show also used an offbrand recording.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Solemn Sloth posted:

If the Dogs lose

We're talking about a situation where Melbourne has their fate in their hands.
The If statement is an absolute and it's "when the dogs win".

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

The Fix is in?

Wonder how Tayla Harris is taking being on the wooden spoon team while her old team goes into the GF.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

monolithburger posted:

The prospect of Carlton AND Essendon (along with Richmond of course) being kinda good teams this year is kinda making me dread this season.

Could be worse.
Geelong, Carlton, Essendon, Collingwood, Richmond, Hawthorn could all be competing for top-4 at the pointy end of the season.
The Cuntstorm forming over Melbourne would be visible from the ISS.

As it is only Geelong and Richmond would be early fancies for the top-4, Essendon should be in that "home finals" bracket and the remainder are probably hunting around in the bubble for scraps.

By which I of course mean, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN GET READY FOR WHAT WILL COME TO BE KNOWN AS THE START OF FOURTHORN.

Schlesische fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Mar 23, 2018

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Solemn Sloth posted:

I forget, has Stratton always had a vile mullet

No, and he was injured for just about all of last year.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Amazing attempt after the siren tho

Also lol, big maxy gawn being the guy who pissed that win away.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Periphery posted:

I laughed when Gawn kicked the point. Not because I really cared who won the game, but because I knew the MUYB reaction in this thread would be amazing.

(I hope you are okay MUYB)

Same.
(Also, in years past it was literally all Gawn while a bunch of players dropped basic marks or duffed basic kicks at goal, but this time it was Gawn who botched the kick).

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

I spent most of the last minute expecting a horseshit Geelong goal.
Glad I didn't see one.

Carn Hawks.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Do Selwood, Ablett and Dangerfield all fit in the same midfield? Also do the Cats have answers to the questions they had in Defence (where Roughead seemed to always have the matchup he wanted) and in the ruck?

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Sicily is thick as a loving brick.
He gets played like a fiddle by Selwood.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

snaeksikn posted:

new balances

why are they literally the only company that makes shoes my feet fit in.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Paging NTRabbit, NTRabbit to the thread please

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

NTRabbit posted:

Buddy is good, Taranto is not, also

lmao Chris Scott has gone full Trump over Selwood ducking :trumppop:

He's refused to acknowledge that people who say shrugging the shoulders and creating high contact out of an initially legal tackle is bad and should be stamped out aren't just having a go at Geelong in the past, so I don't know why he'd change his tune now.

Clarko making up numbers about Joel Selwood's concussions was a bad look though (fwiw, Clarkson did mention that at least a couple Hawthorn players shrugged but wasn't exactly signalling unilateral action on it).

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Eaglols

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

You Am I posted:

What the gently caress dude? His sister died, and he wanted to get back to Victoria before that happened.

I'm not gonna say something as stupid as "boo loving hoo crying god boy", but I'm not exactly pining for the "SON OF GOD COMES HOME, WINS FANTASY FLAG!" storyline to come true.

I mean she'd had serious health issues for years and it didn't stop him taking multiple millions to go join what we all assumed was a sure thing creating the next generation of superstars out on the Gold Coast; at the very least I distinctly remember a contract extension between him and the Gold Coast.
His sister's death probably put it in perspective for him and solidified a desire to get out of the gold coast, but you're pretty naive if you think it was all family (and given how you love to bring out the "BUT HIS SISTER!" card... I'd say you just about do).
Gold Coast sold him a vision of how they were gonna win flags with developed players behind him and strong role-players brought in to supplement him and none of that materialized. They were going to make it his club, something Geelong could never be. Part of that failure is probably down to him and what looks from the outside like his terrible leadership abilities. A bunch more has to do with the complete inability of the Gold Coast Suns to have a functioning medical staff, an inability for the suns to bring in genuine quality (they draft good but their trading and free agency... woof) and at best highly borderline coaching.

He absolutely deserves to get burned for his role at the Gold Coast (did they ever rename their B&F the Gary Ablett Medal?) but having said that I hope he has some success (as long as it's less than Hawthorn's success).

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

If Tom Bugg kills Sicily, Melbourne fans better hope he does it in the last quarter because otherwise Sicily isn't gonna spot the Dees two 50s for free.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Just saw someone driving a Jeep Grand Cherokee with a Richmond and a Trump: MAGA sticker living side by side.

Checks out.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

NTRabbit posted:

Go sixers

Chairchucker posted:

Same

I've decided I don't care about AFL until the NBA playoffs are over or Crows become good again, whichever comes first.

I did this last year, but I watched my team get flogged in the first round of the NHL playoffs and had to come crawling back.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

NTRabbit posted:

With this littany of unsolved problems the AFL is pretty justified in signing the MCG as Grand Final host until 2058 imo

The fact that the only other stadium that has a capacity approaching the attendance at every AFL grand final for the last decade is the Sydney Olympic Stadium, a ground no-one wants to use because it's horrifically mismanaged and generally garbage was probably the clincher, but hey, you never know!

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Hey, I just saw James Hird on Orrong Rd doing some shopping with his kid.

Also, Horks wut u doin

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

HORKS WUT U DOIN

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

HORKS
WAT
DID
U
DO

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

drunkill posted:

We played Adelaide in Adelaide last year in round 5. The first time we played them at Adelaide Oval, iirc.

Port Adelaide in Adelaide.
My very cursory glance tells me Carlton haven't played Adelaide at the Adelaide Oval and haven't played Adelaide in Adelaide since like 2010.

Schlesische fucked around with this message at 16:39 on May 2, 2018

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

It's really sad listening to the Fox commentary say "maybe this will lift them" over port every minute.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

snaeksikn posted:

Their last couple of goals have been pretty good but they're still cooked

I'm not convinced that's true.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Periphery posted:

The problem I have with the Nic Nat suspension is that Burton got away with a bump that concussed a player because it was an 'accident' and this tackle is somehow different? I'd be happy with a basic rule that you get a week for a tackle that concusses a player if the bump also got a week if it concussed a player. But of course the AFL fucks everything up so here we are.

The logic Christian used (he's on that weird panel-show thing on the AFL website) is that he'd rather Natanui not pin the arms. I stopped listening after I heard him say "instead of driving to the ground with arms pinned" while watching a clip showing Natanui clearly not pinning the players arms in the tackle. Watching the host stare at the camera dumbfoundedly while Christian natters on was pretty hilarious. There was also something about NicNat not being on top and driving him down when he's effectively side-to-side and lands next to the player not on top of.

If it was just an arbitrary call or an application of some arcane rule the AFL seems to have made up like 20 minutes ago, then fine. But Christian is spouting bullshit that doesn't match up with the clip they're showing as he's describing his reasoning.

Schlesische fucked around with this message at 16:18 on May 7, 2018

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Here we go boys, Freo having a presser with Lyon. And it ain't to announce the list.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Lyon has already denied that there's a second allegation.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

snaeksikn posted:

Suck a dick Carlton

:agreed:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Diet Crack posted:

Isn't Robbo the only fuckwit who said we were going to wooden spoon it this year?

I feel like a few pundits assumed a Weagles spoon.
Could be wrong.