Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

qhat posted:

No loving chance you're getting £80k in London unless you're a technical lead. 2 years should expect no more than 45k imho.

You can easily get that as a senior dev, tech lead salaries are 90-120k for mid-large companies

also

pointsofdata posted:

You can get a lot more than that with 2 years experience if you're happy to work for the financial industry

How long have you been living in Canada ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

qhat posted:

All I'm saying is when the IRL recruiter is telling you it's not going to happen, and the guy who worked a long time in London in finance is telling you it's not going to happen, and the only person telling you it can happen is the guy who thinks it takes over an hour to get from zone 4 to zone 1 on the tube, it should be pretty clear cut that the UK sucks overall for salaries.

I'm basing the London salaries I posted on what the company I work for pays the members of my team in London, and on the market salary review for other companies in the sector I've seen.

How long ago did you rage quit the UK and go to Canada to work as a barman ?