Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

bob dobbs is dead posted:

you always feel like a moron if they gave a serious interview. be more alarmed when it feels breezy and easy, because that means they aren't taking you seriously

highly nervous about the technical interview i have next week for a "network engineer" position that doesn't have any network engineering information in the job details (but has a lot of computer hardware touching in it). the business is a managed service provider, which seems they just do contract IT for SMB so those businesses don't have to hire their own in-house IT folks. i'm probably blindly stepping into a nightmare job

Branch Nvidian fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Mar 22, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

in conclusion interviews are bullshit

yeah, just give me the loving job, i shouldn't have to talk to people to get it. pay me

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

this networking engineer technical interview is tomorrow and i'm trying to not panic. i've looked over the OIS model like ten times and I keep forgetting various parts and the order. it's just an entry level job at an msp, but also i really feel like i've got no idea what i'm doing

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

after two interviews that I felt went pretty well:

quote:

Unfortunately we're going to continue our search with other applicants. You are a good culture fit for us but we're needing deeper technical expertise / experience. We don't bring in "tier 1" support folks here which is what I think will give you the experience we're looking for. I know you are determined to get that and I'd love to circle back with you in the future.

guess i’ll just go bury myself in a hole or something. that “tier 1” comment hurts. almost like “you did a good job scamming your way through two interviews, you idiot”

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

probably felt like I wasted their time or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

PIZZA.BAT posted:

in other news i'm starting to get cold emails from recruiters again so i think the market may be turning around

you have to beat recruiters off of you with a stick

I can’t get a recruiter to even recognize I exist

we are not the same