Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

the netflix compression looked awful. outside of that, visual wise it obviously didn't measure up to the trailers. the writing is pretty trite stuff as well, but its still better than their other ln adaptations like knk or mpc so far.

leiden is a real city, but it obviously doesn't look like that, the bridge is also a fairly obvious visual reference, but many of the other background visuals imply a much sunnier place than that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

kyoani has radically changed things in almost everything theyve adapted so i doubt that's gonna be the problem with the story if there is one

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

this is so badly written. everything about the big letter drama this episode was contrived, unneeded and undermined by earlier happenings in the episode

also having the setting be faux-european and then still have the cast eat japanese food is incredibly lazy

netflix subtitles are also awful and some of their lines are nonsensical. the dude's name is claudia cause he wanted a girl, really?

Davincie fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Jan 18, 2018

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

its fitting that she came from drossel cause this ep was dross

joke 2: idk whats worse, this show or that my house almost burned down

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

its been basically 99% anime original so far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Jenny Angel posted:

I really didn’t like the first two episodes and change of this, with my main gripe around how the show seemed interested in hitting specific emotional beats very slowly and repeatedly within a short time. It seems like the thread’s been really loving it lately, though - do you think it’s worth it for someone who disliked the earliest episodes to give it another shot? Or am I likely to get hung up on the same things if I try again

literally every episode is the same melodrama, complete with them recycling the ‘im so hosed up’ hand scene constantly, incredibly overdramatic music and excessive overuse of bloom and blur in an attempt to bait out tears from the easily emotionally manipulated. so i doubt you’ll like it

• Locked thread