Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beato Believer
May 23, 2009

I believe in Beato.
Even when she's driving.
At night.
In a snowstorm.
I'm not familiar with the source material either, so this may be completely off base, but... what if she isn't human? Or at least not fully human.

At first she was referred to as a weapon. What if that was quite literal, and she's some sort of manufactured being? Or cloned replicant or human-shaped cyborg (even before she got replacement arms). What's-his-face said he found her on a battlefield... perhaps she was made by the enemy?

It would explain several things. All the soldiers didn't treat her like an orphan girl because she isn't one. The orders that forced the Major to take Violet with him into war, which required special permission, were about taking a child to war, but an enemy weapon. Plus, I can believe a lot better that those replacement arms could be fitted to some kind of an artificial being, rather than to a human; apparently they can't replace the artificial skin.

Although frankly it may not matter either way, to tell the story being told. I've just been wondering throughout the whole show if Violet is human or not, and I still can't tell one way or the other. Perhaps I missed something that settled the question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beato Believer
May 23, 2009

I believe in Beato.
Even when she's driving.
At night.
In a snowstorm.
:same:

• Locked thread