Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

where the red fern gropes posted:

having his sister fall headfirst off the tower and splat next to him while he was reading the note would turn this show into a black comedy
I actually kinda though he was gonna be the one to jump before Violet dropped by.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

I haven't read the source material either, but it sounds like KyoAni is largely doing their own thing with the anime anyway.

If she was a product of the one side or the other, based on what's been shown so far I would expect it to be something along the lines of some hilariously unethical program of experimentation on war orphans in an attempt to create some kind of super-soldier that either backfired or had its program terminated for whatever reason (we saw how... feral Violet was initially, that may have had something to do with it). I doubt the show will really get into that much more than it has, though.

In any case, I don't see any reason to question her underlying humanity.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Spiritus Nox posted:

This week was fairly predictable, but so well-executed that it really didn't matter. Really provided a great showcase of Violet's growth on top of being a pretty good and magnificently executed self-contained story. I kinda hope the rest of the show is just this kind of poo poo.

Extremely :agreed:

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Zark the Damned posted:

Not sure what that means, I read it as 'season 2 will be original content not from the novel' but it could be something else.
That would be completely unsurprising given how much of even this first season was original content.

• Locked thread