Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Trabant posted:

We know, Mr. Scott.

Amazing that Tony Scott can post from the dead.

Wait a minute…

Imagine making a movie so bad it drives your brother to suicide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
literally didn't notice I made a typo until right now, I meant 1998

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wayne Knight posted:

I liked Prometheus.

Same

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Android Apocalypse posted:

Amazing that Tony Scott can post from the dead.

Wait a minute…

Imagine making a movie so bad it drives your brother to suicide.

What a weird thing to post

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

simpsons memes that are classic games references fill me in a way I didn't know I was lacking. The ff6 ones from a few pages back destroyed me, god I wish it rear end 1997 again

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

literally didn't notice I made a typo until right now, I meant 1998

Now that's combinatory username value posting

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

BiggestOrangeTree posted:

Why was the other one called Prometheus, and did they ever join the alien covenant

it's called prometheus because the framing story is about how human life began when aliens brought their advanced technology to earth.

i don't know why the other one is called covenant.

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

So are there a bunch of angry YouTubers ranting about Prometheus or something? I know it's not a masterpiece or anything but I never heard anyone relentlessly hating it until recently. I thought it was good and I thought people thought it was good. :shrug:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
It's poo poo. Stupid plot full of stupid characters.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Drink-Mix Man posted:

So are there a bunch of angry YouTubers ranting about Prometheus or something? I know it's not a masterpiece or anything but I never heard anyone relentlessly hating it until recently. I thought it was good and I thought people thought it was good. :shrug:

Lots of people were definitely hating on it when it was new.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i think it's a perfectly fine movie and the alien abortion scene is extremely good. i will rewatch prometheus but i won't rewatch covenant.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

goatface posted:

It's poo poo. Stupid plot full of stupid characters.

the characters all being stupid makes sense imo

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Uh...

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":
1man1grandpa.avi

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Teeny little super guy, pops right up before your eye. He's no bigger than your thumb. "Watch me while I shred this bum". Don't look in the sky don't look in the sea he's inside of you and me.

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed

Oh my god the music

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Teeny little super guy, pops right up before your eye. He's no bigger than your thumb. "Watch me while I shred this bum". Don't look in the sky don't look in the sea he's inside of you and me.

:dudsmile:

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":

Funky See Funky Do posted:

:dudfrown:

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

Jose posted:

the characters all being stupid makes sense imo
Astronauts and scientists are known for being the biggest idiots in society. I don't want to derail with Aliens chat but after being bewildered with everyone removing their helmets in Prometheus I almost laughed in Covenent when they land on an alien planet and exit the lander and trudge through a swamp with no ppe.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Budzilla posted:

Astronauts and scientists are known for being the biggest idiots in society. I don't want to derail with Aliens chat but after being bewildered with everyone removing their helmets in Prometheus I almost laughed in Covenent when they land on an alien planet and exit the lander and trudge through a swamp with no ppe.

they're all psychos who go on a suicide mission lol

anyway

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Alien movies are fundamentally horror slasher movies, and that kind of movie doesn't work if everybody is smart and careful. You just have to accept that the characters aren't going to do the common sense thing (don't let Kane back on the ship, take off and nuke the entire site from orbit, leave your helmets on and don't tease the alien space snake) because that's how it's got to be for the story to work.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Horror and slasher movies work better when everybody's reasonably competent.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Drink-Mix Man posted:

I saw it twice, once in the cinema and once hanging out with some people at uni, and I hated it both times. poo poo-awful movie.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Anecdotal, but I pretty much only ever heard people referring to Prometheus negatively to the point that those who didn't did so from a "now I know you all hate it, buuuuuut" posture.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

It’s good. Topic Locked

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

prometheus had some fun special effects but the bits of her running around madly after getting a c-section was a bit silly

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Pablo Nergigante posted:

It’s good. Topic Locked

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Budzilla posted:

Wow it’s almost like the whole entire series is about a ruthless corporation that hires bottom of the barrel professionals and cuts corners at every turn

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

Mx. posted:

prometheus had some fun special effects but the bits of her running around madly after getting a c-section was a bit silly

I can’t find Goku in any of these.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

The Maestro posted:

Wow it’s almost like the whole entire series is about a ruthless corporation that hires bottom of the barrel professionals and cuts corners at every turn

A professional in a barrel is still a professional

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

I found this image on the Internet, perhaps you've heard of it? It's been around for a while I hear.

Imagine if Weylan-Yutani had a nuclear-powered ship and hired a person with only a high school education to be its safety officer.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The Maestro posted:

I'm pretty sure a good half of them in prometheus were supposed to be dedicated, passionate and competent. like the lead scientist basically considered the mission a religious pilgrimage. Not to mention the owner of the goddamn company was on that ship, CEOs tend to care about surrounding themselves with the best even if they don't care about the rest of their business

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Executives always make completely rational decisions and also definitely fundamentally understand what qualities actually make the people around them good at the jobs they’re meant to be doing.

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

The movie was about answering the profound question of your creation only to discover your makers were rear end in a top hat dumbasses messing around with forces they don't understand. The humans with the giant aliens and David with his own father and the other humans. It's about the horror of all of creation being dumbassery all the way down.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Dabir posted:

I'm pretty sure a good half of them in prometheus were supposed to be dedicated, passionate and competent. like the lead scientist basically considered the mission a religious pilgrimage. Not to mention the owner of the goddamn company was on that ship, CEOs tend to care about surrounding themselves with the best even if they don't care about the rest of their business
No real ceo has ever gone on a trip in a vessel of some sort surrounded by incompetency.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Dabir posted:

I'm pretty sure a good half of them in prometheus were supposed to be dedicated, passionate and competent. like the lead scientist basically considered the mission a religious pilgrimage. Not to mention the owner of the goddamn company was on that ship, CEOs tend to care about surrounding themselves with the bestthe most useful even if they don't care about the rest of their business

fixed that for you

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Prometheus is the second best Alien movie after the original and that is how I feel and Simpsons memes are still funny. My mind will not be changed :colbert:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

History Comes Inside! posted:

Executives always make completely rational decisions and also definitely fundamentally understand what qualities actually make the people around them good at the jobs they’re meant to be doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Lifespan posted:

Prometheus is the second best Alien movie after the original and that is how I feel and Simpsons memes are still funny. My mind will not be changed :colbert:
That's cool. I didn't enjoy it, but I'm glad you did.

See how easy that poo poo is, internet?