Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

This one is particularly advanced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

yeah I eat rear end posted:

They are probably funny but I just don't get them because my parents never allowed me to watch the simpsons growing up so I've only seen like two episodes and the movie and as far as I remember none of them have the jokes most people make in the memes.
Yeah that's the best part of these. The memes are so insanely specific that you either get them, or they're utter gibberish.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I think the Aussie memes are from weird American dudes who want to write 'oval office' a lot.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

General Dog posted:

Steamed hams, but it's a short segment in an episode of The Simpsons

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4lnZr022M8
Best one yet.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

General Dog posted:

I have to admit, I had no memory of seeing the Steamed Hams episode before this meme appeared. It's just an excellent piece of comedy all on its own.
The episode is/was a classic in its own right, but Steamed Hams is definitely the high point because--as you said--it stands as an excellent piece of comedy entirely divorced from The Simpsons. The only one that comes close is Lisa's with the gum in her hair.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Cacator posted:

What about the Pulp Fiction parody where Snake and Wiggum are about to get raped by Herman but get saved by Milhouse?
Er, no.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

:discourse:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

:butt::butt::butt::butt::butt::butt::butt::butt::butt:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

That entire episode is one of the high points of the Golden Age.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Michelangelo himself could not have done better

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

RIP :smith:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

RideTheSpiral posted:

because there are no jokes. its just mindless nostalgia
This isn't Ready Player One chump.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

:discourse: Now parge the lath :discourse:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Bad Llama posted:

I am the one who destroys simpsons memes
The most arrogant statement I've heard here yet and this place has been home to literal psychopaths and warzone nomads.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Potassium Problems posted:

But they come with a free frozen yogurt, which I call frogurt!

That's good!

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

10/10 would dump $20 worth of quarters into this cabinet.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Hey that's a half-truth

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

From ages ago but :piss: this needs more attention goddamn.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

The Big Word posted:

I'm actually not super fond of Bart Sells His Soul because at school back in the early 00s whenever it got to the end of term teachers would kinda stop giving a gently caress and just let us watch TV and a lot of the time people would always beg for the simpsons even though all they had was a tape of that one episode and I've seen it so many times that it's still pretty much ruined forever for me
*scans up at thread title*

This isn't the Cursed Thread

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Who What Now posted:

I'm just gonna say what everyone is too afraid to; Jeff's version, while good, isn't as funny as the original. Skinner's original inflection and timing just can't be beat.
The only reason Goldblum's version is entertaining is to watch him discover how great the original sketch is while he's performing it. You can actually see him light up at parts.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Krazyface posted:

What the gently caress, I just assumed there couldn't possibly be more than two separate "Moe totally changes his business" eps.
The Simpsons was cannibalizing itself even during the Golden years. These days I think they have a full time Lich on the writing staff to resurrect old ideas for them to reanimate.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

That is some scary high-quality image manipulation goddamn

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Reminds me of:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BEvh6HSQc0

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Oh yeah hit me with the good poo poo.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I'm nonplussed you don't see this pun more often.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Lmfao

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

A refined understatement makes the lowbrow achieve a manner of surprise.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Tree Bucket posted:

I was hoping for Bonestorm
:master:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Weirdly believable

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Because it's the closet thing we have to an ironic, deadpan, Gen-X version of "Who's on First?"

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

LadyPictureShow posted:

Who likes terrible wordplay?!

:golfclap:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

:toot:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Good lord what is happening in there!?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Irradiation posted:

I do plan on watching it I just haven’t gotten around to it.
It's well-made but a bit cartoony in its casting.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Phanatic posted:

A steady diet of Simpsons shitposts has started getting me some really specific targeted Facebook ads.

You mean Troy McClure lied to me?

Now parge the lathe

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Is that the untimely end of Milhouse?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Selma's Choice and And Maggie Makes Three are my picks for an ep that hasn't been suggested on this page.

They feature some of the all-time best gags-- the sandwich, Aaron A. Aaronson, Lisa as the Lizard Queen, "Oh boy that ain't good," Lionel Hutz trying to scam the inheritance video "You'd be surprised at how often that works you really would!" (feels like that has meme potential), "Thank you I do enjoy working at the bowling alley," the Beeramid (22 laborers died during its construction), the ceremonial plaque, etc. etc.

mind the walrus fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Jun 18, 2019

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Solid choices. Not what I would've done but pobody's nerfect.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

SplitSoul posted:

I did this and am halfway through season 30 now. :suicide:

Holy smokes. You need booze.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

:canada::canada::canada::canada::canada: