Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

pixaal posted:

Video says
Marge Simpson breaking it down with Bart on The Simpsons.

Scene from Episode 6, Season 19
I kept reading this, and the description, as season 6 episode 19 and started getting really confused and angry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wypd9E4sCgQ

e: https://twitter.com/Criminalsimpson/status/1757515884338286868
lol that this would have been completely normal Jerkass Homer if it showed up several seasons later

Martman fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Feb 17, 2024

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

This is the third best Simpsons meme

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Raised by Wolves was a cool sci-fi show that Ridley Scott executive produced, and its name is a reference to Romulus and Remus, the mythical founders of Rome who were saved from death by a wolf as infants. the show was amazing so I think it's cool the new Alien is going with Romulus, although it'll be totally different

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

alf_pogs posted:

god drat this got me hard hahaha
ok bust rodd

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

i'm not ready for long moleman

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

InsertPotPun posted:

but how do we know ralph views viking as "good"?
perhaps ralph is acutely aware that the viking people did engage in widespread death and destruction, maybe he means he's BAD at sleep because him sleeping is a detriment to greater society? are there any clues in earlier or subsequent episodes that solidify his opinion? perhaps something banana related?
because he's smiling. topic locked

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

it's funny because his epidermis is showing

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Dewgy posted:

Galaxy brain: Ralph is saying “I’m a-viking!”, using the verb form of viking, meaning to raid or pillage, thus reinforcing the literal interpretation.
lol! it's funny because he's italian

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

CharlestheHammer posted:

Wait so you think Vikings are a people? Like there are Viking farmers out there
Well if farming is where someone is a Viking, then sure

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Drink-Mix Man posted:

Alright, Metaphorists, let's hear it:

List some examples of "That's where I'm a [metaphorical thing]" conveys being at good something, and make it sound like something a real human being has actually said at some point. If you actually land on a phrase that anyone else in this thread has actually heard before in real life, I'll mow my lawn wearing my wife's Sunday dress concede your point and consider converting to your religion.
If it's about Ralph misunderstanding what "Viking" means, then other good examples would just be stuff like "that's where I'm a champion" or "that's where I'm a pro" or something. It's only metaphorical because Ralph doesn't know words good.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Is Homer supposed to be the worker drone who slaves away? Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

it's funny because it's a drawing of his epidermis