Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/asian-america/simpsons-reportedly-dropping-apu-amid-debate-over-character-n925096

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

KoRMaK posted:

Nah, they can do a bunch of constructive things and be funny.

The last time the show did something funny was when? The memes are funnier than anything in the past 15 years.

Except for that one post-singularity opening credits bit. That was amazing. But it sure didn’t come from their writers.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Spacedad posted:

If any folks in here can do serviceable Simpsons voices I am tempted to borrow you to make some weirdass original animated poo poo when I get some free time. :eyepop:

My brother-in-law does a spot-on Mr. Burns and Smithers and would totally be down for some voice acting.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

evilmiera posted:

Completely pointless fact, but a nuke plant that had run as long as the one in the Simpsons would have been dismantled years ago both because of high maintenance costs and it having become inefficient in comparison to modern plants (as in they wouldn't make any actual money on it).

How's that a fact? Palo Verde's the largest plant in the US and the first two units commissioned in 1986. There are dozens of plants still operating that were commissioned in the 1970s.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

This is loving amazing.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Phanatic fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Mar 30, 2019

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

they had to stick it to lee trevino secretly

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

JuiceOne posted:

Those berries are such a trip! I highly recommend trying them at least once.

Followed by a Guinness.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

500 good dogs posted:

Is this a real thing?!

Sure is.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synsepalum_dulcificum

Makes sour things taste sweet. Of course science has translated them into tablet form:

https://www.amazon.com/mberry-Miracle-Fruit-Tablets-10-Count/dp/B001LXYA5Q

Eating a lemon after using one is a really weird experience. Guinness is a straight-up chocolate milkshake.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Code Jockey posted:

the hillbilly bear as Bill Clinton still to this day cracks me the gently caress up

I love that the heart-wipe stinger is the same one from the Simpsons.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

They are delicious, though.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Holy gently caress I never would have thought of this in a million years. Amazing.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

A steady diet of Simpsons shitposts has started getting me some really specific targeted Facebook ads.

You mean Troy McClure lied to me?

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Tom Gorman posted:

I watched the show earlier with someone who has literally never seen an episode before. I picked Kamp Krusty and Duffless. They're two of my favorites.

What are like 4-6 must see ones, and pretend like you've never seen the Simpsons before. I can't narrow it down.

Boy Scouts in the Hood is very possibly the single best episode (Homer at the Bat is the other contender). That whole season is 100% pure solid gold. Deep Space Homer. Lisa vs. Malibu Stacy. Cape Feare. Season 4 is just about as good; pretty much anything from those two seasons is unadulterated brilliance.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

holttho posted:

It'll certainly get taken down. What we are doing here is is clearly fair use as none of us are actively selling what we are doing. We're basically kids in an art class. What the site is doing is clearly outside of fair use as they are selling someone else's IP for profit.

Nah, fair use is a lot more complicated than that; commercial uses can be fair and noncommercial uses can be unfair. There are three other factors that are tested for and that store is on reasonably firm ground for at least a couple of them (the use is pretty clearly transformative, only uses small amounts of the original, and also doesn't really detract from the market for the original work), but since Fair Use is an affirmative defense that would require them to go up against Disney lawyers in court it'd never come to that and one C&D letter would get it shut down.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

the legality is sssssshhhhhh

Too late.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Doggles posted:

Yo, check this out.

Lennys drive a car like this:

But Carls drive a car like this:

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

I don't want to alarm you but your pictures may be hanging crooked.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

I miss Limewire memes.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

If you have three Pepsis and I give you two Pepsis, how much more refreshed are you?