Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

First of all, it's going to be ok. You're going to be alright. You are not going to ruin this puppy. It is not a newborn human baby. You have created a safe place for the puppy and you're doing good.

She's a super young puppy and she's just going to bite everything at this point. My 10 week old comes at me with an open mouth constantly. They just like to do a bite. Cram something appropriate into her mouth whenever she goes for your hands/cloths/furniture and tell her how amazing she is for biting the right things. If she won't stop biting you just get up and leave (with her in a safe place). She'll learn that she has to play appropriately or not at all. Sometimes they get all bitey and crazy when they're over tired so a nap in the crate couldn't hurt anyway.

A quick potty trip out in cold weather isn't going to kill a puppy unless it's a toy breed that can't regulate it's temperature. Go ahead and start working on house training and socializing with things outdoors. Again, you aren't going to ruin the puppy.

I think puppy classes are going to be great for you and your pup. Everyone gets the puppy jitters and it can be really reassuring to know everyone in the class is going through the same thing. Plus all that learning wears a puppy out like nothing you. Just hang in there! And know that this puppy will be grown before you know it so instead of stressing try to enjoy her being a tiny baby while it lasts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread