Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

The Dead Man IS a Judge Dredd story inasmuch as it follows around Judge Dredd and explains what happened to him after...somethingorother happened, I forget, and why he appears back in the city after he resigns. I read through a good handful of the bigger Dredd stories a few years back and it would have been awkward without The Dead Man. Twist being ruined or not, it still belongs there at a certain spot in continuity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Bit of a thread necro, but I'm trying to remember a Judge Dredd story that I read ages ago. I thought it was Apocalypse War, but I've been skimming through a copy of the TPB online and I'm not seeing the bits I remember, especially because a lot of it was in black and white and this is all in color.

It was some sort of battle going on throughout the city, with Judge Dredd in charge of a bunch of judges fighting...some enemy. They were riding their bikes through the city and using these weird old rifle things with a bulbous nozzle-thing at the end that shot some sort of 80s sci-fi blast. I remember Dredd dug them out of storage or something, and he said they might explode when they're fired. Which of course never happened to Dredd, but I remember a group of other judges blew themselves up (while yelling "We're gone!") and also another judge was driving up a cliff or a large building with Dredd and couldn't stop in time and pitched over the edge (also while yelling "I'm gone!"). And I think Mega City One fired a bunch of nukes at the bad guys but the bad guys shifted them into another dimension and they blew up a planet full of hippies?

Any of that ring any bells to anyone? I got randomly linked to the Apocalypse War and I thought "oh cool, I kinda want to re-read that" and then I got that weird anti deja vu where something you thought was familiar actually isn't.

e: oh, it WAS Apocalypse War, I finally got to a few of the pages I was remembering. Did this get redone? I don't remember it all being in color!

Phenotype fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Nov 4, 2021