Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

SardonicTyrant posted:

They had a few of the Complete Case Files at my library, and I got so hooked I bought the ones they didn't have.

Anyone else notice Dredd becomes more of an rear end in a top hat after Apocalypse War and starts mellowing out in the events leading up to Necropolis?

It definitely feels like the whole setting gets harsher for a while. Judges do a lot more killing where an earlier story makes a point that a Judge isn't allowed to just kill a guy when attempting to arrest him and Dredd's home life just kind of completely vanishes for a long time with Maria disappearing from the story and Walter getting smashed by Mean Machine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I can kind of see why they cast Stallone in the 90s movie because when he's wearing the helmet he is the spitting image of the comic (although you can tell that his boots have massive lifts in them.) Too bad that his acting sucks and the writing is bad. Also really weird that they made the Rico and Dredd clone brothers secret.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The production design is really well done, especially Mean Machine (although slight quibble is that they have him missing his left arm which, you know, he shouldn't be.) Although a negative to the production design is that they're cowards who quickly get everyone out of the comic book outfits and instead have everyone dress in a generic looking uniform where nobody wears a helmet for the rest of the movie. And, again, the writing just sucks. They try to give Dredd a catchphrase and Rob Schneider's character is completely extraneous to anything that is happening. He exists to quip and for Dredd to make disgusted faces at.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Because in the movie they haven't met before.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

In case anyone wasn't aware, vol 5 is the return of Judge Death, Block War and the Apocalypse War.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The weirdest part of The Complete Case Files is how they don't have the comics about what Dredd was doing around Necropolis so him coming back and the story after about the kid he met comes across as pretty awkward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

moths posted:

The sequence with Angel family, and Mean in particular, was fantastic.

The rest, eh.

It was kind of funny how they got those characters and the ABC Warrior page perfect but absolutely nothing else.