Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Syria with Kurdish characteristics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

https://twitter.com/RudawEnglish/status/956505405374550016

It's good that this is finally happening, but if the low intensity war the Turks have been waging on the PKK isn't "an area of tension" then what the Hell is? Why didn't they suspend deliveries when the Turks invaded Syria for Operation Euphrates Shield? They're only doing this now because the Germans are afraid of their own Kurdish minority getting into fights with German Turks.

https://twitter.com/yenisafakEN/status/956503192899956738

This is what years of German arms shipments actually look like.

We already saw them slap fighting once in the streets no?

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Frijolero posted:

Germans are loving garbage people.

Yes, let's dump billions in military equipment on Turkey and Saudi Arabia, but let's also feel bad about it :(

End of history induced brain worms

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Willie Tomg posted:

There's gotta be a 27-letter german compound word for one's disingenuous excuse to leave the party because its just too embarassing to explicitly say "im tired of watching the host poop on the floor and wipe it on their face, blaming the stink on Gulen"

:ocelot:

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Plutonis posted:

The biggest problem with the Soviet Union is that they were lead by Russians

Galactic brain take

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

https://twitter.com/SyriaWar2/status/961573897069060096

SAA have been attacking a pocket of territory over the last week that was taken by ISIS in Idlib, before the recent government offensive there. It's gone now.

https://twitter.com/TurkFieldNotes/status/961595338313396224

Turns out the FSA is concerned about videos leaking out of Turki Jihadis mutilating the bodies of rebels, and chopping the breasts off dead YPJ fighters.

https://twitter.com/haskologlu/status/961651669049270273

Funeral of Turkish officer killed in Afrin. This is the sentimentality of fascism if ever there was.

https://twitter.com/AllyOfTruth/status/961593920013684736

When he steal the crown? he already has the palace of a sultan.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Karl Barks posted:

i'd say it seems like they purged all the good generals after the coup, but the coup guys seemed pretty incompetent as well

Can't lose stuff from a post coup purge if you don't have any good officers in the first place

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

It's been 2 weeks and 5 days, and in that time all they've accomplished is take a few pockets about 2-3 kilometers deep in isolated spots along the borders.

Even if the Turks had a competent command, the actual ground fighting is being done by undisciplined Salafist maniacs.

They keep losing tanks though

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Crowsbeak posted:

I just hope by the end of the year we get Erdogan left with the choice of either having to go back to Ankara with his tail between his legs or trying some sort of il thought out invasion.

I think I read that he threatened to do that today

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Call of duty: memetic warfare

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

I'm a big boy country I continue to insist as I stick my hand into a meatgrinder

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

lmao that Putin apparently got Israel to stop bombing

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Russia must be pissed about their PMC's little adventure because they are fast tracking a bill through the Duma rn to regulate them

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Waffle House posted:

If this didn't get posted yet, this image is not altered in any way, shape, or form:

Anime Nazis and ISIS pillowhumpers the same you say? :thunk:

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Read your tactical WWII history and then wonder if any of it was repeated?

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

HorrificExistence posted:

pisspig talked about a group of american "isis killer" type conservatives being sent home after refusing to join in a lenin study group and not realizing the YPG was a communist organisation. Also there was apperently a guy who got sent home for cannibalism.

:froggonk:

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

So apparently the Kurds made a deal of some sort? Maybe?

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Frijolero posted:

Americans pay for the most brain genius military system in the history of mankind. We have dudes from Harvard and West Point getting paid serious cash to come up with genius ideas like "Uh, give money to Jihadis, but also bomb them, but also bomb their enemies, but also arm their enemies."

Crack open a book on the 30 years war op.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

what are they

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

:chaostrump:

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Frijolero posted:

lol at Trump and NATO just letting Turkey and Israel do whatever the gently caress they want

:chaostrump:

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Thug Lessons posted:

Everybody will pay a price to Lockheed and Boeing.

Close thread

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Where's my war

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

cargo cult posted:

why does everyone in cspam have gigantic "ironic" war boners now? creepily reminiscent of 2002-3

We all dehumanized ourselves and faced to bloodshed

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Like of course this is all horrible and unjust

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

RaySmuckles posted:

lmfao

this can't be real

i refuse to even check

It's real and strong friend
Best to start learning Mandarin soon

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I thought the missiles were flying but apparently it's just lame trolling.

President massive coward so what

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

LinYutang posted:

Pretty hosed that America hasn't jumped to invade Syria with its instinctive imperialist drive and all

Time 2 adjust some theory

Sorry our president is extremely mad online today

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Karl Barks posted:

(probably a real opinion someone has) rojava is a long term CIA psyop to convince US leftists (all 50,000 of them) to support intervention in Syria

Pretty sure I've seen that on Twitter

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Main Paineframe posted:

hillary's coziness with Israel always throws me off a little because Bill loving hates Netanyahu, has publicly called him out a number of times as the primary obstacle to peace, and has been caught in a hot mic saying that the only way Likud can make peace in the Middle East is if we force them to

it's not unusual, every Dem president starts their term optimistic about I/P peace and ends it furious at Israeli right-wingers. but you'd think Hillary would learn from Bill's eight years of experience rather than starting the cycle fresh

Wait what

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

KaptainKrunk posted:

privately Bill and Obama probably loving hate the israeli far right and probably have an opinion closer to a lot of the people itt than they'd ever, ever admit

Obama let John Kerry poo poo all over Israel after the peace process failed.
That kinda owned

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I could see Assad trading Idlib for Turkish annexation of Afrin.

Dont alot of turkmen live in idlib?

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

HorrificExistence posted:

Yeah, It's why they've kept arming them. Turks hate arabs too, so it is much more politically popular to arm another Turkic people.

Maybe they should just split it I dunno

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

They could just as easily live in Afrin, since all the Arab refugees Turkey is trying to settle there don't like stealing Kurdish homes.

That's probably the endgame isn't it? :sigh:

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

What the gently caress

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Yinlock posted:

i've only ever seen the notion of ~are sovereignty~ used to support real nationalistic/xenophobic bullshit

Westphalia is breaking op

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Plus it's actually the UAE that's calling the shots now. Saudis hosed up so bad that they've just started letting Emiratis call all the important shots, and all the major announcements from the coalition come out of Dubai and not Riyadh.

Love to bungle my fights so badly that I hand my balls over to a bunch of ex pearl Fishermen

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Turns out corrupt mullahs don't run an economy well? :thunk:

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

https://twitter.com/YemeniObserv/status/1010964214075281408

The Houthi managed to capture a lot of vehicles from the Republican guard in this raid, including two MRAPs. Check the twitter thread for all the pics.

Impressive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

qkkl posted:

I'm surprised they haven't commandeered some Saudi destroyers by paddling to them in canoes.

Do the Saudis even have real destroyers (cruiser equivalents)