Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

Fortaleza posted:

Painfully white dude strolling into the buddhism megathread saying he's already enlightened and getting owned left and right https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3548558&pagenumber=21&perpage=40#post422880236

this is an amusing read

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

fizziester posted:

Do you condemn the Houthis!?!?

yes I commend the houthis

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

Votskomit posted:

I work for AFRICOM. What y'all doing in my jurisdiction?

I work for the imf, this is my jurisdiction

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

I can’t wait to stay at NATURE HOTEL and visit EXPERIENCE CENTER

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

crepeface posted:

Cindy the numbskull

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

nice, eat poo poo ecowas

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

VoicesCanBe posted:

https://twitter.com/secretsqrl123/status/1769596940402962440

Major cope from US hegemony fanboys. I'm sure the US is actually really eager to abandon one of their largest drone bases as some 32 dimensional cheese maneuver.

didn’t that base cost a shitload to build? good for niger, loving decolonialism 2

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

yellowcar posted:

gonna be hearing about how rhodesia was actually progressive and queer-coded soon enough

it is cool to see “progressive” become a meaningless synonym for the status quo so in that sense I support rhodesian revisionism

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

:sickos:

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

Weka posted:

The app is free dummy. If you are saying they might implement a charge in the future, you are just making something up to get mad at.

Farmers clearly don't have the requisite knowledge because they keep distributing cassava cuttings infected with brown streak disease, which has only been identified for less than a century, and less than a decade in Zambia. It's unclear how farmers would even have local knowledge about this. It's a rapidly changing world.

The hope is this app can mitigate this problem, and a help with a host of other problems. Seems like a pretty targeted approach and frankly I'm pleased to see the west do something good with AI for a change.

lol the west isn’t in the business of doing something good, it is in the business of imperialism and neocolonialism…

…dummy

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

Weka posted:

The west is not a monolith and does plenty of good things

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

Bro Dad posted:

fun fact: due to global warming a lot of modern ski resorts have degraded leading to the creation of helicopter skiing, where you are ferried between a small isolated lodge and even more isolated mountaintops

it ends up with a lot of people getting killed by the avalanches they created

lol