Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
hts = huge taco shits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

I Lust For A Fiery Death To Rain Upon The Jihadis Of Idlib

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

do not ever turn your back on the Lion fool

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

syrias frickin sweet, its like player unknown's battlegrounds irl

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

k-k-k-k-kurd kurd kurd kurd is the word

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

multiple twitter sources sayin Deso Dogg was killed lol

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

technicals can also be used to bring radar and other intelligence equipment to the front lines

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

Crowsbeak posted:

Good idea to offer wahabis citizenship. That certainly will not in anyway create a future crisis within Israel itself.

uh these are 20k moderate rebels bro

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

Prav posted:

well yeah but so are the turks

ha ha ha zing!!

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

not saying that assad hasnt been guilty of targeting civilians but rebels and rebel sympathizing media outlets are notorious for stretching the definition of "civilian" throughout this war, gotta take figures like that with a grain of salt

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

Bip Roberts posted:

I was just saying he was protecting the civilians of syria by taking out 277 terrorists.

inshallah

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

the lion assad will liberate palestine in the course of crushing the wahabbis

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

lmao a corrections officer from my city was just detained at an italian airport coming back from syria, he claimed he was there to help at a refugee camp near Aleppo but there wasnt any refugee camp near Aleppo at that time. turns out he was fighting for Ahrar al-Sham and now he's being indicted for lying to the feds. owned

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

the kurdish handlers of the weirdo foreign ypg fighters are the true heroes of the revolution

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

aphid_licker posted:

Wonder how many voluntourists the Kurds have to send home for being too weird. IS iirc would just make them blow themselves up.

lol that reminds me of the extremely online autistic australian 17 year old who somehow made it to syria and joined up with IS and then on his like first week there they were like "uh yeah your divine mission is to drive this explosive filled truck into the front gate of that police station, god bless"

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

Baloogan posted:

lol imagine someone having to deal with homework explainer 24/7

and imagine that person being an extremely not-online rural communist kurdish militiaman

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

lol Afrin fell to the Turks. kurds either bungled this or never intended to really put up a fight. ypg are loving idiots for letting this happen, shoulda taken the syrian government's deal a little while back.

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

Panzeh posted:

I don't think that was real, my man, the syrian government has no interest in actually fighting the ottomans. They managed to get some friendly NDF militia to help but there's no way the government was going to do anything for them.

maybe, maybe not. i dont think the government had much interest in the turks invading and occupying their sovereign territory tho

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

Thug Lessons posted:

Yeah dude, these guys fighting Leopard tanks and F-16s with AK-47s and RPG-7s definitely bungled the OP.

of course they were outmatched, they knew that. i think the "defense" of afrin was a propaganda effort that actually resulted in the ypg looking way less competent. if they had actually been serious about defending afrin from the turks they would have negotiated with the SAA.

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

GWBBQ posted:

Reports coming in that US warships have fired cruise missiles at Syria, unidentified aircraft are flying over Lebanon, and Syrian Air Defense is fighting hostile targets in Homs.

its israel hitting iranian or hizbollah targets imo. lol if it really is israel and they violated lebanese airspace tho

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

if i was israel i would absolutely be using the confusion around syria right now re: trumps statements and the douma chemical attack to take out targets of opportunity. its really a win-win for them all around

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

Michael Bayleaf posted:

if I was Israel I'd march into the sea

goes without sayin

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

Thug Lessons posted:

Everybody will pay a price to Lockheed and Boeing.

drat

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

tucker carlson is actually phil greaves

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

rojavas cool and all but a lot of leftists coming down on the side of long-term us military occupation of a sovereign state is so strange

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

yes the cia outsourced torture to the syrian mukhabarat

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

"regime change" is such a sinister phrase when it comes to syria. once you depose a leader you have to replace them which is not so easily done as we learned in iraq. realistically who are our options other than assad? dont say the kurds because they cant and wont rule over syria. who are we gonna install? jaish al-islam? nusra?? at this point in the war there is no acceptable alternative. there can be no intervention.

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

unless your ideal outcome is syria fragmenting into rojava, alawitestan, sunnistan and some random warlord fiefdoms then cool

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

takfiri turks will never have souria

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

never before have i so thoroughly agreed with the Big Dogs: america deserved 9/11

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

the tankies who actually think assad is Good are insane and stupid freaks. almost as insane and stupid as the people who support american intervention

so you're giving people poo poo for supporting a victory by assad and the syrian government, fair enough. what exactly is a preferable outcome in syria to you- a rebel victory? at this point in time realistically who do you really consider to be the best possible future for syria? i'm genuinely curious.

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

and i think largely what's behind it are a lot of men living vicariously through the war, consuming lots of war footage and pouring their emotions into it. but they're making a choice to do that unlike most of the people who are actually, directly affected by the war.

totally. i've been following the war pretty closely for a while now and sometimes i have to take a step back and be like ok why am i doing this? i think "picking a side" is pretty natural with something like this tho, it's when you become a dedicated keyboard warrior for your chosen side that i think you need to take a step back and maybe find something else to read about on the internet for a while.

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

thanks for the honest answer- you and i are pretty much exactly on the same page. i dont particularly care for Assad or Baathism on the whole but i see them to be the lesser of the evils in syria right now and i agree that unironic, uncritical admiration of Assad - a pretty standard middle east despot- is weird and not a great look. my support is honestly more with the Syrian Arab Army more so than Assad but i realize theres not much distance between them.

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

Bip Roberts posted:

Instead of pressing the the war continuing as he currently is he could sue for peace and push for a state with federalism between the ethnic provinces. He could have ended the war years ago this way and still could.

theres no way the salafi rebels accept that, they dont want federalization they want sharia.

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

i said a kurd kurd kurd the kurd is the word well dont you know about the kurds? well everybody knows that the kurd is the word i said a kurd kurd kurd

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

mod title change is a false flag

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

HorrificExistence posted:

yeah, russia needs naval bases so it can spread orthodoxy and suppress the kurdish marxists when the time comes. Leftism is about supporting paternal autocrats whose major domestic opposition is communists.

what are you even talking about. pkk/ypg isnt communist and the russian communist party is nominal opposition at best. also the kurds time is never coming, sorry to be the one to tell you this

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

inshallah

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

It's not necessarily the last hold out for reactionary Islamist rebels in the country either, because there's still the issue of what to do about Turkey's occupation in northern Syria.

this is the real question right here and something i see affecting regional politics for the near future; idlib's fate was sealed a while back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

russia would likely not agree to that and more importantly the syrian people would never accept that. this is a fight to the death and both sides understand that. the idlib campaign will be ugly and brutal but entirely necessary.