Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
I do not understand why people aren't just tossed straight the gently caress out of the stadium for shouting poo poo out while a player is winding up their serve. None of this "quiet please" bullshit just get the gently caress out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

meeler09 posted:

Pardon my ignorance but why would they ever keep the roof open when it's over 100f?

airflow

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Cilic making a match of it

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.
Even with Cilic taking the second, there's something kind of flat about this match. Been a bit dull.

Cornflakes
Dec 3, 2006

aejix posted:

I do not understand why people aren't just tossed straight the gently caress out of the stadium for shouting poo poo out while a player is winding up their serve. None of this "quiet please" bullshit just get the gently caress out

:agreed:

it’s a goddamn final

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

aejix posted:

Agreed except at the US Open, where the boorish behaviour of the fans is expected and honestly part of the charm. The tour doesn't really need two similar hardcourt grand slam tournaments, differ them by having one kill players with heatstroke and the other having fans throwing beercans at the players when they double fault

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
The loving GOAT. Just look at him.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Ace with the second serve: Roger Federer.

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

So Federer is playing like poo poo right now. Getting US Open flashbacks here.

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

Pillbug
I thought Cilic was hosed early in the 4th but he has dug real deep. Hope this 5th is good

charismaslover
Dec 3, 2006

Too stylish for this world...
Can't say I like this development.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Stop doubting the GOAT ffs

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Fed's been too casual this entire match.

Cornflakes
Dec 3, 2006

19’s still good :unsmith:

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
This would be a hell of a win for cilic if he can pull it off

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

Glare Seethe posted:

Fed's been too casual this entire match.
He has, unfortunately.

Cornflakes
Dec 3, 2006

nachos posted:

This would be a hell of a win for cilic if he can pull it off

regardless, huge credit to him for recovering after that brutal first set. such an improvement from the wimbledon choke

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
lol what did I tell you baby bitches

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
*in retard voice* ooh he's too casual, ooh he's not gonna make it, aahh he's not the GOAT

lol gently caress off

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
this must be what it felt like to watch the moon landing, only this is actually real

fancyclown
Dec 10, 2012
I love you Roger

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

Pillbug
Oh well it was an entertaining fightback but grats on #20 feds

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
I don’t think Cilic is going to win 4 games straight

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009

oliwan posted:

this must be what it felt like to watch the moon landing, only this is actually real

i dont believe this is real, its too beautiful

Cornflakes
Dec 3, 2006

this one was well worth staying up for

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

fancyclown posted:

I love you Roger

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Jesus that just loving clipped the line

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

What a strange match... should've been finished in straights probably.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Roger Federer.

Cornflakes
Dec 3, 2006

that must be one of the shortest 5 set finals

Hortism
Oct 25, 2010

The Greatest of All Time.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hortism posted:

The Greatest of All Time.

He is.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Scylo posted:

i dont believe this is real, its too beautiful

I know it's hard to believe op, but it's real, and it's like nothing we've ever seen before.

Cornflakes
Dec 3, 2006

as long as nadal’s out for a while a return to no. 1 is inevitable at this point

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

oliwan posted:

Resonance
Dec 17, 2002

Don't give me any shit about plumbers, Jan.
Wait, did KIA guy not do his speech this year?

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Tearing up irl. I’ve had the worst week of my life (didn’t get my dream job, am a fuckup), but at least the GOAT delivers.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

It astounds me that they can’t find anyone better than a racist cokehead third tier footy commentator to do the MCing

Cornflakes
Dec 3, 2006

Resonance posted:

Wait, did KIA guy not do his speech this year?

lol he did he was the first to go

what an oaf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

I wonder if this weird rambling speech and the tears kind of explain the match... Maybe he was a lot more nervous for it than it seemed. He was obviously the better player throughout and should've won in straights, but let it slip several times and overall barely seemed to get out of second gear. I thought it was him being casual but maybe he was just nervous.

• Locked thread