Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
https://twitter.com/lucysophiaj/status/952744225220722689

US Tennis is wearing blue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Since I've learned that Wozniacki is engaged to ex-Warriors All-Star David Lee, I'm rooting for her to win all the long rallies and implode less often.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

oliwan posted:

Stop watching women's tennis ffs. It's horrible

Beats watching the Knicks play basketball.

Petkovic is my favorite WTA player, and I always thought she would be the one to break through and win something big, not Kerber. But that ship has sailed. It sucks.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Kerber! :toot:

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Jelena Dokic has written a book. It won't be a fun read.

quote:

Dokic recounts her journey in exhaustive detail in “Unbreakable,” a book written with Jessica Halloran, an Australian journalist, and set to be released in paperback in the United States on Feb. 1. It’s a chilling account of the relentless physical, verbal and emotional abuse Dokic says she suffered from her father as she ascended the ranks of junior and professional tennis, peaking at No. 4 in the WTA rankings in 2002.

First published by Penguin Random House Australia in November, the book opens with the end of Dokic’s deepest Grand Slam run, to the Wimbledon semifinals in 2000 when she was just 17. She writes that her father, Damir Dokic, banished her from returning to the family’s hotel room after the semifinal loss, calling her pathetic, an embarrassment and a “hopeless cow.” She then hid out on a couch in the Wimbledon players’ lounge until 11 p.m., when a cleaning woman found her.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/22/sports/tennis/jelena-dokic-book.html

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Solemn Sloth posted:

The last American standing is apparently a racist fundie weirdo idiot

Come for the stupid name, stay for the racist tweets! Washington Post headline:

quote:

Meet America’s new tennis sensation, Tennys Sandgren. He should never have tweeted.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2018/01/22/meet-americas-new-tennis-sensation-tennys-sandgren-he-should-never-have-tweeted

Edit:

Nadal needs to stop going sleeveless. It does not help his case for being powered by sunshine, love, and the blood of bulls slaughtered in arenas all over beautiful Spain. Natural endurance, mates.

Jack's Flow fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Jan 23, 2018

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

TG-Chrono posted:

https://twitter.com/7tennis/status/956047645893636097
hahahahah holy poo poo what an absolute piss baby

What a clown. How dare you use my own words to paint a picture of me!!

Happy for Kerber, I hope she wins the whole thing. Time for the German media machine to love her again.

Jack's Flow fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Jan 24, 2018

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Agreed they need to bring back Steffi Graf

And her whacky sidekick Anke Huber!

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Sodium Chloride posted:

Chung's foot is nasty. The other one is meant to be worse.

I think you have a blister, mate.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Sodium Chloride posted:

That pre tournament bet I put on Wozniacki paid off :toot:

I was thinking if Sloane Stephens can win a slam then why not someone who can do everything better than her?

I always forget that Stephens won a Slam, even though it happened, like, last month. What's her record since the US Open? 0-10? 0-20?

edit:

Thoroughly enjoyed the final. Good for Wozniacki to finally win one of the big trophies.

Jack's Flow fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Jan 27, 2018

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Roger Federer has won 10% of all Grand Slams played in the past 50 years.

THE GOAT

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Seems suspicious. Has anyone investigated him

He has skinny arms, nothing to see here, move along.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

quote:

It was maddening watching Sascha Zverev, the fourth seed, look so mirthless and flustered as he capitulated 6-0 in the fifth set of his third round match. For those scoring at home, Zverev has never beaten a top 50 player in a best-of-five match.

He's really young, but still.

• Locked thread