Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.

Spring Break My Heart posted:

Wozniacki is dangerously close to getting the #1 ranking back. Depressing

And her draw is so easy too.

Looking forward to Kyrgios beating Nadal and Federer back to back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

It looks like she's finally gotten rid of her dad as coach? I wish more players did that sooner.

Rooting for Barty, though.

edit: I'm kind of disappointed that Goffin is out so early.

Sway Grunt fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Jan 18, 2018

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Kyrgios is so good.

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

fancyclown posted:

Kerber vs Masha coming up :holy: Go Carebear!!

This is a mauling so far.

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Djokovic looks completely finished in this match. I guess the elbow's not up to par yet.

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Wouldn't awfully mind an Edmund v Chung final to be honest. But please anything but Cilic v Berdych.

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Great point to break back.

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Cornflakes posted:

Isn’t Isner a huge pos too, I remember his take on Kaepernick being trash

Yeah, and also "give him a chance" about Trump and similar stuff after the US election.

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

That point to break back was so good.

edit: Kerber's been real clutch.

Sway Grunt fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Jan 25, 2018

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Some good defense / counterpunching being played in this match. Really would like Halep to win.

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Nice! Halep looks on her last legs at the moment, hopefully this heat rule break will help.

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

It's been great.

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

drat.

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Nervy start.

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

I am honestly a little surprised. He's been here twice before and still this nervous?

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

What a clinic.

It's a little strange that the roof is closed. It wasn't for the women's final. Is the temperature that much higher today?

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Even with Cilic taking the second, there's something kind of flat about this match. Been a bit dull.

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Fed's been too casual this entire match.

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

What a strange match... should've been finished in straights probably.

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

I wonder if this weird rambling speech and the tears kind of explain the match... Maybe he was a lot more nervous for it than it seemed. He was obviously the better player throughout and should've won in straights, but let it slip several times and overall barely seemed to get out of second gear. I thought it was him being casual but maybe he was just nervous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Solemn Sloth posted:

Cilic is complaining about them shutting the roof so the final wasn’t in 38C heat (30ish by the time they finished) :psyduck:

There is a bit of a conspiracy theory going around that they did that to help Federer, but from what I can tell both were informed 30 minutes before the match and Cilic said himself he was given the option to practice indoors (which Fed did) but chose to stick with his routine, which was on an outdoor court, so... :shrug:

• Locked thread