Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is Trigger's best previous anime
Kill La Kill
When Supernatural Battles become commenplace
Kiznaiver
Little Witch Academia
Gurren Lagann*
Panty and Stocking*
Space Patrol Luluculo
Goku
View Results

• Locked thread
esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting
This show introduced so many Strict Rules Of Society in the first episode that I would be very surprised if it's not planning to seriously question some of its world's initial assumptions as things go on. They have everyone living in an ominous death cult that's designed to pair them up, create sexual tension between them, and directly tie those feelings to their ability to pilot, and I don't think the show's conclusion is going to be "actually the manipulative death cult was good all along".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Yeah, Ichigo is in a truly miserable situation there. I feel awful for her too and hope she gets some sort of meaningful satisfaction and happiness by the end.

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

02 and Ichigo are both really good and should kiss

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Sarcophallus posted:

You can't actually assess how gay or straight it is until you know all of their self-identified genders. This is Shrödingersexual at best.

please stop posting or at least try to be a better person

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

There Bias Two posted:

I'm definitely expecting the robots to combine before the end of the show.

this show is absolutely ending with everyone piled together into a giant orgy robot

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

It's called DITF, not DTF

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

PMush Perfect posted:

Alright, that's reasonable. I'm not letting go of my pet theory that it's just accelerated and we're gonna see someone ends get the BGSTD before long, but even if I did, I'd still bet a lot of money that it is/was at least a serious possibility for Hiro.

But then why make him the only one to have that angst? They already did the "Hiro's probably gonna die soon" thing. There's a lot more potential for Eva-level drama if everyone has to stare down the fact that their lives have an expiration date.

I feel like we've kind of gotten a bit of that in the last two episodes with all the references to previous teams who didn't make it.

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Honey.

Honey and Darling

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Holy poo poo, I was not expecting this show to actually go there. I can only hope it doesn't end in tears.

...I can still hope for that, right?

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

I'm kind of numb to all the death-flags predictions in discussions of this show, because I've been hearing about them since the early episodes and they've always been the wrong assumption so far, even in some pretty intense and serious episodes. That's also me being optimistic, sure, but from the way things have gone so far I don't think it's unreasonable to guess that our leads could all plausibly survive to the end of the story.

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Axle_Stukov posted:

Well things at least didn't end badly for Ikuno. Mitsuru and Kokoro on the other hand...ohhhhh boooyyyyyyy.

Care to go into any more detail? What happened with Ikuno?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

P-Mack posted:

Would you recommend this show for young children who liked LWA? Thanks!

I wouldn't recommend it to anyone

• Locked thread