Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is Trigger's best previous anime
Kill La Kill
When Supernatural Battles become commenplace
Kiznaiver
Little Witch Academia
Gurren Lagann*
Panty and Stocking*
Space Patrol Luluculo
Goku
View Results

• Locked thread
P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Would you recommend this show for young children who liked LWA? Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Thanks, hopefully they do better with their next project then.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Darth Walrus posted:

I should note that even if it’s better (and this was a Trigger-A1 coproduction where A1-affiliated freelancers did most of the writing, so it’s not all that representative of Trigger’s house style), there’s no guarantee Trigger’s next project will be suitable for kids. Insofar as any studio has a distinct personality, because these days they’re really more nodes of a vast, ever-shifting anime network who contract and subcontract to each other ad infinitum, Trigger’s core staff were raised on cheesy, ultraviolent, taboo-flouting ‘80s direct-to-video animation, and it shows. They do have range, as LWA attests, but a Trigger original that’s pure horny/grotesque/stylish teenage id is more likely than anything else.

As an alternative, might I suggest the current series of GeGeGe no Kitaro? It’s not quite got LWA’s manic, anarchic spirit or wild visual experimentation, but it’s a very solid, entertaining kids’ show with a similar supernatural action vibe, and could also serve as a useful teaching tool - apart from introducing your kids to lots of weird/cool Japanese mythological monsters, it tackles a wide variety of heavy and complex real-world subjects in an intelligent and sensitive way, which could be a pretty good conversation-starter.

Cool, I'll check it out. They basically just want to watch Sailor Moon these days so some variety would be nice.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Endorph posted:

pretty much any precure anime would probably be good for them though those series have less of the romance/sexuality stuff that sailor moon did

We started the original pretty cure and don't even try to tell me Nagisa and Honoka are not incredibly, albeit latently, gay for each other.

• Locked thread